So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

This restaurant had become next to Impossible to book. I am excited about this. My Granddaughters were so disappointed when I could not book it for them.

This has been a favorite place for us. Never book in advance. Have always been able to get a table the week we are there. Something always pops up in the app.

My five year old daughter liked the Beast before she liked Belle, so this was a must do the past two years. We are going to WDW again this year and I think my dad was looking forward to eating here again more then my kids were, but with the switch we will not be going. At least we got to eat there and meet the Beast twice.

I'm glad my teenage daughter and I got to go last year before the changes. We had a birthday dinner there and she got to "dance" with the Beast. The new menu does not sound appealing and out of our price range (it was expensive enough before the menu change!)

Maybe lunch will still be affordable...

I actually see the breakfast menu changing before lunch. More people seem to book PPO breakfasts and just order coffee or something little in order to get over to 7DMT. At least with lunch, more people actually have intentions of eating lol

Actually, it wouldn't be horrible if they went to a Prix Fixe breakfast as well, with a Beast meet and greet. Lower the price point to like $35 per person, and then people would have another option for meeting the Beast if they don't like dinner. It also might take the pressure off dinner a little but.

Actually, it wouldn't be horrible if they went to a Prix Fixe breakfast as well, with a Beast meet and greet. Lower the price point to like $35 per person, and then people would have another option for meeting the Beast if they don't like dinner. It also might take the pressure off dinner a little but.

That is a really really good idea!! I never understood why the Beast was only allowed out of the West Wing for dinner time lol

It definitely won't be someplace we'll be eating. Prix Fixe meals never work for us, but I'm glad for those who might be more likely to be able to book a meal there now. :)

I’m really curious to how this is all going to pan out. Hopefully they release the full menu soon (I suspect the Octopus is going to be similar to Tiffins because that’s what it looks like from the picture) and they’re going to have to move some of the tables out for dinner service to make it quieter.

I really enjoyed the Beast when I was there last. Hopefully they’re able to elevate the food to his level.

A Beast, Belle, and Gaston greet would be splendid. I mean, you are paying more. Might as well have more characters to go along with it.

I'm glad my teenage daughter and I got to go last year before the changes. We had a birthday dinner there and she got to "dance" with the Beast. The new menu does not sound appealing and out of our price range (it was expensive enough before the menu change!)

Maybe lunch will still be affordable...
I'm with you, the menu doesn't sound appealing. I was thinking of cancelling out ADR for May and skipping it all together from the negative reviews I've seen. With the changes confirmed, we are going to stick with it. Hopefully we will have a good time and can say we ate dinner and met the Beast before all the changes and we have no interest in going back.

I'm excited to try it. Looks like a terrible deal on the Dining Plan, but not too bad on cash. We decided relatively late that we were going to take each of our children to WDW for their birthdays and asked each what their favorite restaurant. Of course, my daughter picked the one with Beast! We were easily able to get a dinner reservation for August.

No idea. I have called and e-mailed them and they don't know. I also have received mixed messages about whether the Beast will be at the new dinner service.

I think it's a great idea, even though I won't be trying it myself. 3 course meal -- how long will that take? But if they serve it all quickly, I'm willing to try it. I just don't want to sit there for 3 hours.
I just checked. Can't find a spot 4 months in advance. Apparently they didn't raise the prices enough. Need to charge 3 or 4 TS credits or something.

Last edited:
In the comments of the DPB post, Disney confirmed Beast would continue to meet at dinner.

That's good to hear!

When I called into dining reservations they said that he wouldn't be there. Someone else when I e-mailed Disney said that he would be there. So I wasn't entirely sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter