So it took me a year to put two and two together

True, and there are even so many variances within one category of disability. I work in a classroom for kid with special needs. Many of our students are diagnosed with autism, but each and every one has different characteristics and needs. We tell parents that services are driven by specific needs, not diagnoses. Not every child with autism benefits by the same types of therapies and approaches. We get to know each one individually and teach them in the ways they learn best. As we like to say, "If you've met one child with autism, you've met one child with autism."

True, and there are even so many variances within one category of disability. I work in a classroom for kid with special needs. Many of our students are diagnosed with autism, but each and every one has different characteristics and needs. We tell parents that services are driven by specific needs, not diagnoses. Not every child with autism benefits by the same types of therapies and approaches. We get to know each one individually and teach them in the ways they learn best. As we like to say, "If you've met one child with autism, you've met one child with autism."

That is one of my favorite sayings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter