So Jazzed! D23/DL/SD & LV!

HootDad

<font color=teal>Makes magical trips each year<br>
I know that this is not a "pre trip report" board, but there doesn't seem to be one for DL so I hope nobody minds me posting this here...

Because I am SO jazzed!

I am going to SoCal with my buddy Kirk (all of our past trips are posted in my blog below) - our main goal is to go to the D23 expo but this has turned into one EPIC trip! Initially we were planning for a week, but I just got my airplane tickets using frequent flyer miles and because of restrictions, turns out I'll be out there for 12 days! No complaints!

The itinerary is still in flux, but here is what we have tentatively planned so far. Any feedback appreciated...

July 31 (late) arrive at LAX
August 1 - pick up rental car and drive to Vegas (assuming my 2 brothers who live in Vegas will be available - if not more time in SoCal!)
August 3 or 4 - drive to San Diego - see Yankees/Padres
August 4 or 5 - depending on what's playing we may go to the El Capitan.
August 5 - This part of the trip is (sort of) set. We're definitely going to DL for 3 days. We have a reservation at BWPPI already, but we probably won't use it. I'm on the wait list for Grand California Villas for 3 nights, and Kirk might be able to use points to stay at the Marriott, so most likely we'll do one of those.
August 8 - Again we have a reservation at BWPPI, but most likely we'll stay at the Marriott using points instead. Going to D23 Expo for all 3 days (August 9-11).
August 12 - Last day in SoCal - catching late red-eye to NY

Any tips - especially on cool things to do in SD or Hollywood appreciated. Kirk and I are old pros at DL but it's been years since either of have been to SD or Hollywood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter