So long, Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is ... I enjoyed the show. I listened live while working, even followed some of the chat when I had time. "5 stars, would watch again!"

They are people living through an absurd, stressful situation. They were unguarded and I appreciate them sharing a little part of their say-to-day lives and baring their raw feelings on topics that directly affect their lives and careers. It's an interesting view beyond clickbait headlines. When someone is sharing their personal experiences and thoughts, they neither need my stamp of approval nor owe anyone a justification or counterpoint.

I call the bluff on anyone who is passive-aggressive, and co-dependent, enough to start a thread saying they are leaving.

Timeout for a sec. All you people coming at me for my original comment need to step up your insult game. I feel like Michael Jordan hooping it up against toddlers.
i wouldn't go this route only because the thread will get shut down. and that gets us nowhere.

this was an interesting episode, and i felt it went overboard. but i was really curious to get the takes from people on the board.

I cancelled my Patreon subscription after the show the week. Was like watching MSNBC meets The View. Got way off topic and was like an unhinged left-wing rant at times. With the country so evenly divided, people on both sides like Disney and our fans of the DisUnplugged but I guess certain people just don't realize we can have opposing views and still love Disney. It was a cringe worthy spectacle to say the least.

I cancelled my Patreon subscription after the show the week. Was like watching MSNBC meets The View. Got way off topic and was like an unhinged left-wing rant at times. With the country so evenly divided, people on both sides like Disney and our fans of the DisUnplugged but I guess certain people just don't realize we can have opposing views and still love Disney. It was a cringe worthy spectacle to say the least.
How can both sides like Disney when one side is actively going after Disney? I can’t wrap my head around this.

Reminds me of this song.

How can both sides like Disney when one side is actively going after Disney? I can’t wrap my head around this.

Reminds me of this song.

I sincerely don’t think it is one side actively going after Disney so much as one man with an agenda actively using a position of power to go against Disney. Agree with his politics or not, it’s hard to agree with the way he’s going about doing things.

I sincerely don’t think it is one side actively going after Disney so much as one man with an agenda actively using a position of power to go against Disney. Agree with his politics or not, it’s hard to agree with the way he’s going about doing things.
A certain cable news network (that leans the same direction as the "one man") has certainly been punching on Disney. No party is homogeneous but it's not an isolated opinion.

As far as the show... they are Florida residents having to live with this. I live 1,000 miles away and have no right to tell them how to feel.

Last edited:
I remember when certain folks used to say boycotting, cancelling subscriptions too, and demanding apologies over people expressing opinions with which you disagree was “cancel culture.” Now, we seem to see quite a bit of it from those folks too.

People are going to have opinions you disagree with. That’s part of living in a place with freedom of speech. If you don’t want to hear about someone’s political persuasions, just turn it off and next week. No need to boycott, threaten people’s livelihoods, or make some grand pronouncement.

I, for one, enjoy listening to different perspectives, and instead of balking and wanting to cancel or hide from a perspective with which I vigorously disagree, I much prefer to discuss the issue, defend my own viewpoint, and listen and try to understand the other person’s perspective. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Disney podcast or something else, politics intertwines itself with everything at some point. Like I said, if you don’t want to listen to it, just return next week. But I’d argue there was value to the different perspectives that each member of the team brought to that episode, especially if they aren’t perspectives you’re used to hearing from. I’m disappointed you felt that way.

It’s unfortunate we live in such an angry society with such an impulse to cancel or delete opinions we don’t like or don’t want to hear.

I remember when certain folks used to say boycotting, cancelling subscriptions too, and demanding apologies over people expressing opinions with which you disagree was “cancel culture.” Now, we seem to see quite a bit of it from those folks too.

People are going to have opinions you disagree with. That’s part of living in a place with freedom of speech. If you don’t want to hear about someone’s political persuasions, just turn it off and next week. No need to boycott, threaten people’s livelihoods, or make some grand pronouncement.

I, for one, enjoy listening to different perspectives, and instead of balking and wanting to cancel or hide from a perspective with which I vigorously disagree, I much prefer to discuss the issue, defend my own viewpoint, and listen and try to understand the other person’s perspective. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Disney podcast or something else, politics intertwines itself with everything at some point. Like I said, if you don’t want to listen to it, just return next week. But I’d argue there was value to the different perspectives that each member of the team brought to that episode, especially if they aren’t perspectives you’re used to hearing from. I’m disappointed you felt that way.

It’s unfortunate we live in such an angry society with such an impulse to cancel or delete opinions we don’t like or don’t want to hear.
I'm not angry or happy. It simply wasn't for me so I tuned out. Doesn't mean I won't tune in next week. But I do feel they infringed on their no politics policy a bit.

Lately, it kind of feels like some people have totally forgotten the fact that maybe none of this political nonsense would be as bad as it is right now about Disney if Bob Paycheck hadn't been such an idiot last year. I think it's a great example of how much a person can really screw up a good thing when they're promoted to a level where the requirements of the job are way way above what they're actually capable of achieving.

Being CEO of a huge mega worldwide corporation like Disney requires a certain amount of negotiating and political finesse. And Bob Paycheck/Lex Luthor had the political finesse of a turnip.

Frankly, I think everybody needs to just calm the heck down. Chill out. Turn off the news. Take a break. It'll all work out in the long run. The Reedy Creek nonsense will end up getting settled in a court of law.

And anybody who doesn't want to spend vacation dollars in FL is welcome to go spend it in CA instead. Their politics is way different and Disneyland is an awesome resort.

I’m not going to get involved in the political discourse, but intentionally violating company policy is usually frowned upon by business owners. They kept saying they they would get in trouble for talking politics on a podcast about a family amusement park, but they kept doing it anyway.

...Unless they were just lying about it for drama clicks. Which wouldn’t surprise me either.

I was also a bit shocked that they claimed to be unaware of the safety issues at Disney World. Attractions aside; Disney hadn’t been funding their fire department for years which would sometimes cause them to have to call in another ambulance from other districts when theirs broke down.

https://wdwnt.com/2022/06/reedy-creek-fire-trucks-and-rescue-units-breaking-down-using-suvs-instead/

They also came off as somewhat dismissive when talking about the pay-raise for first responders at Reedy Creek, which is something Disney has been fighting against for years.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/01/rcid-fire...takeover-of-reedy-creek-improvement-district/

…I guess this is a travel agency site and Disney World is one of their main products, so defending it makes business sense. Perhaps I missed the episode where they talked about Disney’s final offer of $1 an hour pay increase to cast members.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/news/...fer-planning-to-fight-for-better-pay-33479961

I just want Disney to do better and get back to basics.

After going to Tokyo Disneyland this year, I know it can be done. It’s just a shame that the flight is so long because it’s so much cleaner, safer and better maintained. The food is a lot better too.

If it was more practical to go to Tokyo, I’d never go back to the domestic parks.

Ryno and Julie should be suspended. Dreams clients have a wide range of political views, as is their personal business and right to do so. It wasn’t Ryno’s platform, it’s a platform paid for by the hard work of agents who likely have a wide range on the spectrum of political views. Pete and John should apologize to their agents and their customers for the content of that podcast. They went way too political.

This wasn’t them being advocates for LGBT community. Anyone listening likely supports the gay community and LGBT owned businesses, so why are you talking to us like that?

IMO, this was them making it abundantly clear they greatly dislike anyone for being part of the conservative part of this country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter