So. Many. People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m scared for our first December trip! We’ve gone in the summer eight times and are used to riding everything several times back to back with no waits so I’m nervous!

The only times we were able to do this kind of thing this last week was during EMHs. Luckily we did one EMH each day. Loved them!

I'm confused. Am I here in November or june???? This place is PACKED! This trip has been very disappointing. Even the staff seem overwhelmed and understaffed. Most of our encounters have been with cranky cast members that are as confused as I am. So sad.

Breaking news: Most popular vacation spot on the planet is crowded. In other news, grocery stores are also crowded as people get ready for Thanksgiving.

Do you have any suggestions on how to handle the violence? I experienced that on my trip last year and am nervous to go back in December.

Assume that it was accidental and ignore it, because more than likely, it was accidental. A lot of people are just not good at walking around in crowds, especially when there are lots of strollers, ECVs and families holding hands and acting as a moving brick wall. Sure there are a few rude people in every crowd, but why let one jerk ruin your fun?

Assume that it was accidental and ignore it, because more than likely, it was accidental. A lot of people are just not good at walking around in crowds, especially when there are lots of strollers, ECVs and families holding hands and acting as a moving brick wall. Sure there are a few rude people in every crowd, but why let one jerk ruin your fun?
Oh, I try. But when you fall or are slammed into a trashcan it's difficult to just overlook it. I have also expressly addressed the behavior and been met with defiance. So any input on successful circumnavigation helps. Believe me, I do everything in my power to avoid any conflict/crowding/precarious situations.

The one time I expressly confronted someone it was one of the stroller brigade. After being hit by the same person multiple times I finally turned to her and said "could you please stop doing that if for no other reason than the fact that I assume that is your child you're battering me with..." She looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head but she stopped smacking me with her child.

Just witnessed something I think is amazing, a line at Carousel of Progress.

The theater filled and there were 15-20 left standing outside.

I don't doubt it. We didn't see a line, but we were on PeopleMover on Saturday night. As it passed CoP, there were a lot more people near it than we usually see.

We were there last year the week before Thanksgiving and it was very bipolar. There were periods and parks that were very busy (9-10 type crowds), and there were times that were very low (3-4 type crowds). Park Hopper was our friend and we were able to have a good week by planning and staying away from the crowds. I remember one day in particular was silly busy at MK, but we hopped on a monorail to a largely empty Epcot. IIRC we went from debating a 30 minute wait for Prince Charming Carousel or hour wait for Merrida to a 12 minute wait for Anna and Elsa and 2-3 people lines for food and wine booths.
We experienced that last year, too. This year wasn't much different...maybe just a hair more crowded.

We were there Saturday night and had little trouble moving through the hub. Yes, it was packed with people, but there are clear walking paths all around and it's no problem getting through. It's moving pretty slowly at times, but never at a complete stop for extended periods. Sure, I suppose if we tried to cut through the middle of the crowd, that's an issue, but there are many options to navigate through the hub.

This was only a problem for us right after a show or fireworks. Otherwise, we just walked around the hub - loose crowds. This was on Friday Nov. 17th at Magic Kingdom.

We rode Peter Pan with a 35 minute wait time. You read that right - 35 minutes. Thunder Mountain was 25 minutes. Around 11am.

This was only a problem for us right after a show or fireworks. Otherwise, we just walked around the hub - loose crowds. This was on Friday Nov. 17th at Magic Kingdom.

We rode Peter Pan with a 35 minute wait time. You read that right - 35 minutes. Thunder Mountain was 25 minutes. Around 11am.
I don't doubt it. That's why the party days can be so nice.

Less than 10 years ago you could go Thanksgiving week and the crowd would gradually increase till Wed before Thanksgiving and then forget it. Unless you have been going for many years you do not realize how wonderful it was to visit during Thanksgiving week. The Thanksgiving week we went was great until Wed, then it was tour a park for 3 hours very early, get as many paper fastpasses as possible and extra magic hours at night. I have been going to WDW since they opened in 1971 and no longer visit as often due to the excessive crowds and greed of Disney, last two day visit was in 2015. One more trip in my lifetime maybe, after the new lands open and 50th Anniversary, unless the cost and crowds are so excessive maybe never again and I'm only 53!

Walked in at around 12:30. Rode the railroad around the park, shopped at Emporium, stepped outside to see some marching bands march. Heard an announcement that FoF will be running early, so we are waiting for it. It’s lightly raining now. Haven’t ventured past Main St yet, but it’s not crowded in this area.

Walked in at around 12:30. Rode the railroad around the park, shopped at Emporium, stepped outside to see some marching bands march. Heard an announcement that FoF will be running early, so we are waiting for it. It’s lightly raining now. Haven’t ventured past Main St yet, but it’s not crowded in this area.

Good to hear...working until 3:30pm and then heading right to AK. Hoping for a low key night.

We will be arriving on Nov 30th. I wonder what the crowds will be like then. I'm so glad that we are attending two MVMCPs so we will have a lot of time to ride many rides as much as we can.

Those were my students!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!