So Much to Celebrate. . a Disney Wedding, 30th Anniversary & Easter 2015 Updated 3/29

I wish I could respond to all of you. IM SO FAR BEHIND.

So, as mom said, I'm adjusting to getting back into the groove of work. And now we're back to school. The baby starts daycare after Labor Day. It's just been all-around, hectic. I'm REALLY proud of my mom for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying something new. They're lucky to have her! I'm also REALLY surprised by my baby sister for helping me out with the baby. I think it's shocked us all. Can't believe she's starting college next week. When the heck did that happen?

Mom and I have also been working really hard at planning our NEXT trip. Jimmy and I are taking both kids to Disney in February, over Mardi Gras. Mom's coming to lend a helping hand with the baby. He will be 9 months old the day before we fly out. We did our dining reservations yesterday WHOOP WHOOP! Gia's dance stuido is performing at downtown disney that week (I'm on strike... I will not call it Disney Springs. Just ain't happenin. okay, maybe once i see it all new.). So her mom is meeting us there and our trips will overlap by about 2 days so we can all be there for Gia's performance, but still get our alone disney time with her, each. We are really excited about it, and Gia loves having everyone there for her!

I'm trying to plan a lot of "special" things while we are there. Just little things to make the magic really pop. Things we haven't done before, etc. Mom and I booked the dessert party as a surprise to Jimmy and Gia. I want to get the kids some cute jammies and slippers to wear to do the movies on the lawn our first night after a campfire on d'bayou.

small sidenote: d'bayou means "of bayou"... just because it SOUNDS like we say "on da bayou" when we mean "on THE bayou" does not mean you can slap "d'bayou" on something and call it cajun. sorry. that bothered me. Kinda like that Disney gumbo receipe that was going around facebook. Disney, I love you, stick to what you know. And that's not gumbo. :P

I'm back at work now, the baby just turned 3 months old and is AWESOME! I'm selling AVON on the side, Jimmy wa promoted at work just before we had the baby, and it's just a lot. BUT I PROMISE I am trying to find the time, the right words, and quite frankly the memory to finish out this trip report before we go on the next one, FOR SURE! Telling our stories make me happy and get me excited for the next trip. When I'm not actively working, I'm outfit planning and typing out our itinerary.

And just to put into perspective my accounting brain and love for Disney. We've moved our trip plans a few times to get closer to the hotel Gia's mom and dance team will be at and also get my BFF's discount. And each time we move it, I have the numbers available for what it costs, broken down, with our trip and mom's part separated. So when we moved it again the other night before making dining reservation, I was able to tell mom within a minute what her trip costs changed to. She says, "What, do you have a spreadsheet or something?"

... So I turned my laptop to her with my spreadsheet and associating formulas. :rolleyes1 I'm just THAT COOL.

So that's MY LIFE right now and my GOAL to update the thread by the end of this week! Also, if anyone has any magical things they like or do in the parks with kids. Tips, WHATEVER for our Mardi Gras trip.... please, do tell! We plan to pass our valentines on Valentine's Day for fun. To cast members and what not.

I know I wanted to get a post in by the end of last week, but work and LIFE has just been crazy. To fill the void, here's some of the 3 month pictures I took of JP. I'm doing a Mickey theme as he grows. His newborn pictures were in the mickey outfit and I'm trying to keep that theme. Plus, we are just a Disney family.

JP Newborn Pics 040.jpg

One of his newborn pics!

047.JPG
Three months. Boy is CHEWING EVERYTHING!
059.JPG 061.JPG
My handsome litle man in his onesie his Minnie (my mom) brought him home from Disneyworld.

So mom is right, we did a lot of separating and getting back together. Honestly, that's the only way to do Disney with a large group. My dad's idea of Disney, and what had always been my idea as well, was that you have to get there and GET MOVING! But as we've mentioned before… my husband doesn't do rides. And learning to do Disney with him was an experience in itself. So once we got into the park, Jimmy needed caffeine. The Massey in me was thinking ARE YOU CRAZY THIS IS PRIME RIDE TIME. I mean, that's what extra magic hours are for, right?! AND HE WAS KILLING THE MAGIC. But we just got married, so I was on a romantic high AND compromise is key to marriage, right? So if we could find him a good pick-me-up (since it was barely 6am our time), then we could go take cute married pictures in front of the castle :)

MK_MSCASEYS_7262590360.jpeg
Oh! This was one Mom missed earlier. The trolly was coming so he got a picture of us. It looks like a Postcard! And by the way, the Beauty and the Beast shirts were funny on many levels for us. First of all ITS MY FAV! And we were working out a ton at the time. Thus, I was ENTIRELY TOO SKINNY. My post baby self could snap my wedding self in half and eat her like a twix!

Mom and I are in disagreement on what exactly we did next. Here's a good guess at what MIGHT have happened. LOL

I know we did Buzz at some point that morning. You’ve seen those pictures. Pure concentration and competition, if you ask me. Chelsea and Tyler went to ride stuff and I want to say mom, dad, and Danielle rode the mine train? Definitely wasn't going to be able to get my husband on that. So we got some Starbucks, took our pictures in front of the castle, and made our way to the new Fantasy Land. It was under construction last time I was there, so I was super pumped to see it! IT WAS GORGEOUS! Especially that early in the morning. We found another photopass guy while we were waiting on mom and them. He told us where to stand and he took a picture. Then he turned us 90 degrees and took another. Another 90 degrees and another picture. Then one more. Apparently, it's like the 4 corners in Fantasy Land at the butt-crack of dawn. But they made for some amazing pictures! Plus, we had on our super cute newlywed stuff, so I wanted a million pictures (give or take

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7262612920.jpeg MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7262612926.jpeg MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7262612933.jpeg

to be continued...

Attachments

• 099.JPG
    099.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 7

After that, I guess (according to pictures), we started heading back towards the front of the park to meet up with my in-laws and G. Not without stopping for pictures, of course. I remember all of this because we walked through the castle and some random old guy saw us posing for a selfie and asked to take a picture for us. It was nice. He got all photographer mode on me and was posing us and moving further down the castle walkway to get the right shot. It was kind of weird, but I think it just struck his heart because we just got married. My husband would totally be that creepy guy to do that if it touched him to see someone else married in Disney or something like that. My husband STAYS love drunk, yall.

099.JPG 110.JPG Image 53.jpg Image 55.jpg

These are the pictures from the sweet (and minimally creepy) guy:
Image 59.jpg Image 61.jpg

now that i'm learning to use my camera, I kinda want these same pictures next trip.

Have you ever seen the Avengers? They keep asking Dr. Banner how he can get angry so quickly to become The Hulk. He says, "IM ALWAYS ANGRY" as he rips off his shirt and becomes the Hulk. We joke that that's TOTALLY my husband. Babe, how are you always so love drunk? IM ALWAYS LOVE DRUNK. Hahahah!!

Image 62.jpg

I guess we walked through Frontier/Adventure Land as well because we got this picture of our shadows that I just love for whatever reason. I know we did Pirates together. I got a nice jab in the ribs and glare for that. You know, one of those "you didn't tell me about that" kind of moments from my husband. But really, he didn't have a big problem with it. And it gave us more opportunities for cute pictures..

Image 64.jpg Image 66.jpg Image 67.jpg
get it?! ball and chain?!

We met with my in laws somewhere near main street, because I remember grabbing an early snack at Casey’s. My mom may disagree, but I’m fairly certain I’ve never actually been in Casey’s except maybe to avoid a parade crowd.

...to be continued again (only allows ten pics at a time)...

It’s so funny. The night before was the big debacle with Gia about the costume. Well we DEFINITELY GOT OUR MONEY’S WORTH! She showed up that morning wearing it again. Girl wore that thing all day. Stopped to go swimming, and put it back on again. This coming trip she wants to dress up as Moana. So we’ve got a blonde hair, blue eyed Moana. I’ve been killing myself laughing about that for a while, but now I remember her Jasmine phase and how stinkin cute it was.

Image 70.jpg
cutest Princess Jasmine I've ever seen!

MK_ROVERFANTASY1_7262739126.jpeg MK_ROVERFANTASY1_7262740070.jpeg

So we hung out at Casey’s for a while before heading back towards Fantasy Land. We had lunch reservations at Be Our Guest and I WAS SO EXCITED. Belle is kinda my thing. But we had a few minutes. So we got some photopass pictures at the Sword in the Stone. Then, I believe Gia needed to potty… but that could wait because we found out THAT IS WHERE GASTON WAS ABOUT TO BE! It was a short line, but we got in it. That was probably the ONLY character we wanted to see this trip. When you’re married to a high-maintenance man, you live in a house where Belle DOES end up with Gaston. We joke about that at home: how my husband is charming, but not Prince Charming. He always has the best response (a line from Into the Woods) “I was raised to be charming, not sincere”.

Image 71.jpg Image 72.jpg

We waited to meet Gaston. It was getting hot, but there were pockets of shade in the line. We probably only waited about ten minutes before he came out, thank goodness. Then a cast member came up behind us and made us the last people in line. Holy Crap! We barely made it. How perfect. We had been talking about this moment since we told G we were going to Disney. We decided we would take a funny picture with Gaston or make him have a push up contest with Dad. We settled for telling him he needs to make his own sandwiches! Even that is a pretty gutsy thing for a shy 5 year old to get out. But we did take a silly picture.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7262822495.jpeg MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7262822502.jpeg MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7262822498.jpeg

This one is also huge in my house; it’s one of our favorites.

MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_7291406341 (1).jpeg
Then there's that genie in a bottle pose again. Not the last time we'll see that!

After that it was perfect timing and location to hop on in to Be Our Guest for lunch. I’ve never been for dinner, but I hear the transformation of the way you get in/order is quite fascinating. I loved the set up. First of all, the entire restaurant is GORGEOUS. You walk in and, it’s just like any other counter service. Except you order on the little ipad thingy-ma-bob. I hear a lot of them are moving to a sort of “online ordeR” system. Pretty excited about that! Those lines can get horrific. Luckily, you can’t get into Be Our Guest without a reservation. I’m sure a dinner is amazing, but it’s a steal to get in as the counter service lunch, in my opinion.

I’m going to leave off here because this is when we all re-joined, Gia was cranky, and we tried the grey stuff. Spoiler Alert: it was delicious. So I’ll let mom take over next.

My handsome litle man in his onesie his Minnie (my mom) brought him home from Disneyworld.
Cute pictures!

So mom is right, we did a lot of separating and getting back together. Honestly, that's the only way to do Disney with a large group.
::yes:: It does make it easier when you split up.

I mean, that's what extra magic hours are for, right?! AND HE WAS KILLING THE MAGIC. But we just got married, so I was on a romantic high AND compromise is key to marriage, right?
Well, I guess you have to make sacrifices...

get it?! ball and chain?!
::yes:: :rotfl:

I’m sure a dinner is amazing, but it’s a steal to get in as the counter service lunch, in my opinion.
I totally agree with this. I love the lunch there, it's a great value.

Honestly, that's the only way to do Disney with a large group.

Absolutely FO' SHO!

So once we got into the park, Jimmy needed caffeine. The Massey in me was thinking ARE YOU CRAZY THIS IS PRIME RIDE TIME.

I know this internal tug of war very intimately. I have it with myself everytime I walk through the gates. I like to stroll with coffee in hand!
mk_bellevillagebridgeiconnc_7262612933-jpeg.264248

Love this one!

ANd this one even more! You guys are so perfectly cute!

Then a cast member came up behind us and made us the last people in line. Holy Crap! We barely made it. How perfect.

:banana::banana::banana:

I totally agree with this. I love the lunch there, it's a great value.

Thank you! It give you the chance to eat in (what I think might be) one of the COOLEST places they have to offer, but not give up a table service credit. This upcoming trip we are doing it the same way. In fact we have a BIG day planned for our first MK day. We're doing breakfast at Crystal Palace (this is a first for us), lunch at Be our Guest, and grabbing a snack before our DESSSERT PARTY!!! That's a big surprise for hubs and kid(s). So I'm super excited. BIGGGGGG day of eating.

I know this internal tug of war very intimately. I have it with myself everytime I walk through the gates. I like to stroll with coffee in hand!

I'm curious how I'll handle the struggle this next trip. Part of me wants to enjoy the moments and stroll, part of me wants to go crazy and ride all the rides with G, and part of me is just terrified of bringing a 9 month old. It'll end up being a nice mix of it all, I'm sure.

You guys are so perfectly cute!

Thank you! He's a mess and I'm a ham. We work well together.

::yes:: It does make it easier when you split up.

I hope ya'll got the chance to split up some on your big summer trip.

With the way MK opens now you get a chance to do this. They open Main Street about an hour before the rest of the park. We used this opportunity to grab some breakfast and coffee from Starbucks before lining up for the land of our choice.

ANd this one even more! You guys are so perfectly cute!

They do take some great pictures together.

I'm curious how I'll handle the struggle this next trip. Part of me wants to enjoy the moments and stroll, part of me wants to go crazy and ride all the rides with G, and part of me is just terrified of bringing a 9 month old. It'll end up being a nice mix of it all, I'm sure.

It will definitely be a learning curve as you adjust to this new dynamic. You guys will get it; just be flexible and keep your sense of humor. It's Disney, even if you sat on a bench all day, how could it not be delightful?!

Thank you! He's a mess and I'm a ham. We work well together.

Sounds like a great combo to me!

I had too much catching up to do after a month away to quote everything, but I love all your pictures!! Little JP is incredibly precious and I love his Mickey Mouse look <3 <3 I'll do my best to stay more up to date from now on!

It will definitely be a learning curve as you adjust to this new dynamic. You guys will get it; just be flexible and keep your sense of humor. It's Disney, even if you sat on a bench all day, how could it not be delightful?!

We will be moving around a lot slower. I'm hoping to catch more of the entertainment.

Sounds like a great combo to me!

They most definitely are.

I had too much catching up to do after a month away to quote everything, but I love all your pictures!! Little JP is incredibly precious and I love his Mickey Mouse look <3 <3 I'll do my best to stay more up to date from now on!

Thank you! You have a great excuse for being behind. It's not everyday a girl gets married and honeymoons in Disney.

April 8th- Magic Kingdom Celebrating the Newlyweds continued

I'm going to try to fill in some gaps leading up to our lunch. When I last left off we had ridden Buzz all together. We made our way to Fantasyland from Tomorrowland.

IMG_6669.JPG IMG_6670.JPG
About this time Michelle, Jimmy, Tyler and Chelsea took the lovely pictures around Gaston's Tavern. I think we caught a ride on Under the Sea. I know for sure that Tyler and Chelsea rode it with us. This was when we separated from Michelle and Jimmy and headed for a thrill ride.

IMG_6673.JPG

It was time for BTMRR. Another new ride for Tyler.

IMG_6674.JPG IMG_6675.JPG IMG_6677.JPG

After our thrilling ride we headed into Adventureland the back way.

IMG_6678.JPG
We met back up with Michelle & Jimmy. This was when we did Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Michelle posted her pictures of Pirates but I have a few of the Cruise. IMG_6679.JPG IMG_6680.JPG IMG_6681.JPG

continued in next post. . . .

More Jungle Cruise. . .

IMG_6682.JPG IMG_6683.JPG IMG_6684.JPG IMG_6685.JPG

I know these are all pictures everyone has already seen but humor me. I wish I had notes to tell you if we had a good skipper or not, but I don't. We did all enjoy just being together.
After our ride it was time to split up again. We had another thrill ride to catch and the newlyweds were going to meet Carolyn, Wayne and Gia.

We headed back through Fantasyland again.

IMG_6686.JPG IMG_6687.JPG IMG_6688.JPG

It was time for our first FP. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Chelsea tried to take a selfie of us, but it was a little dark.

IMG_6690.JPG

Everyone had a great time on the ride but me. For some reason I just don't look real thrilled this time.

MK_MINETRAIN_7262729155.jpeg MK_MINETRAIN_7262729740.jpeg

I'm going to stop here because it's time for American Horror Story. I do have a few more pictures from the ride.

Last edited:
Well, thankfully you righted that wrong! Everybody needs to ride BTMRR!!!!

Totally agree! One of my favorites.

Yay?
That's just 7DMT... fun ride but it just doesn't quite stack up in the thrill department!

No, it doesn't. But it's still a cute ride. We did it at dusk in May and it was a little more thrilling.

I love this picture!

Thank you!

Ooh! One of my favourites!

Me too!

Fun updates from both of you guys! Happy to hear you were able to accomplish your Must Do of the trip - meet Gaston!

Big Thunder, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise? Yep, sounds like the perfect MK morning. But I'm sorry to hear Mine Train was a little lackluster. Four years later, and I've still yet to ride it.:rotfl2:

Big Thunder, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise? Yep, sounds like the perfect MK morning. But I'm sorry to hear Mine Train was a little lackluster. Four years later, and I've still yet to ride it.:rotfl2:

It was a great morning. I like Mine Train, this was just my second ride of the trip and wasn't as thrilling as the first ride. I do plan on riding it again in the future. Keep trying to get on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!