So now doing DDXD. Where should we go

Juliette58

Earning My Ears
This is a special adult trip with my BFF celebrating 45 years of friendship! We will be staying at the Contemporary Atrium Club for 4 nights. Unlike when we have gone with our kids, we won’t be spending tons of times on rides. Neither of us like Roller Coasters. We will hit the mellow ride highlights but we want to enjoy Disney dining and don’t mind spending a significant portion of the day eating!

Neither of us are big breakfast eaters and will just plan to grab a roll or muffin from the lounge. That gives us 3 credit each per day for lunch and dinner. We’ve done counter service and don’t really want that for any meals this time. But we don’t care about leaving some credits “On the table” ( though if we have some left we’d love to be able to gift them to a random family if that were somehow possible like as a type of pixie dust,but don’t know if it is )

Anyway any thoughts about a plan for yummy/ grown up means for lunch and dinner for our time there?

I’m not a big breakfast person either but I cannot recommend the brunch at California Grill highly enough. It’s only offered on Sundays so may not fit but, if it does, it’s so, so good. Great atmosphere, amazing view, tons of food, bottomless mimosas. Perfect for lingering and catching up with a friend.

Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios is one of my favorite lunch spots. I like Chefs de France (Epcot) as well for lunch. Flying Fish (Boardwalk) is probably my favorite dinner spot on the dining plan. Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge is another favorite and the resort is fun to explore - be sure to check out the night vision goggles - easy to make a night of it. Disney Springs has a ton of great options.

Doesn’t fit with dining plan but a monorail “crawl” of various lounges at the different resorts is a fun afternoon/evening.

Have fun! Sounds like a great trip!!

I am especially interested in TS lunches. Great suggestions for Chef de France and Brown Derby. What do you all suggest for TS lunch at MK (we hope to do BoG for dinner so something else) and AK?

For lunch at AK, I'd recommend Yak and Yeti. For dinner, many people recommend Tiffins, but I'm not a fan of the menu, so have not tried it.

For lunch at MK, I'd recommend Liberty Tree Tavern. The Ooey-Gooey Toffee Cake dessert is worth the price of admission there.

For dinners, I'm going to suggest you visit the various resort hotels to partake of their signature restaurants: California Grille, Narcoossee's, Citrico's, Jiko, and Yachtsman. In addition, Monsieur Paul in Epcot, and Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS.

I’m not a big breakfast person either but I cannot recommend the brunch at California Grill highly enough. It’s only offered on Sundays so may not fit but, if it does, it’s so, so good. Great atmosphere, amazing view, tons of food, bottomless mimosas. Perfect for lingering and catching up with a friend.

This... especially if you're staying at Contemporary! I'm not a breakfast person either but the CG brunch is by far the best meal I've ever had at WDW (I've never been to V&A)!!!! We're doing DxDP next week and this is the meal we are looking forward to the most- the daytime views, the ambiance, the music and the delicious food cannot be beat! We booked our brunch for 12:30pm, so that way its like lunch

I am doing dlxdp on my next trip and my ADRs are:

California Grill Brunch, Yachtsman, Monsieur Paul, Boathouse, Jiko, Narcoosees, Tiffins, Yak & Yeti, Frontera Concina, Hollywood Brown Derby, Coral Reef, Boma breakfast and Sanaa lunch.

Yup my trip is slightly focused on food too! I am okay with that!

We do the DXDP every trip just for ease. I usually leave a meal or two on the table, but normally we eat two meals a day - one TS and one Signature TS. I have children, so we do character meals, etc. that you may not be interested. Disney Springs has some great options - if Jaleo is open when you go, I would go there for sure (I've been to the Las Vegas one numerous times). As someone else mentioned, don't overlook the restaurants in all of the different hotels.

We love Tiffins at AK a lot better than Yak & Yeti - to me Yak & Yeti is typical Landry's - not bad, but not unique. Skippers Canteen is a good option at the MK. Epcot is full of fun places depending on the type of cuisine you like.

The new storybook dining is getting great reviews! But otherwise I'd be hitting all the signatures

For sure California Grill, we just went there last month for the first time. It is well worth the 2 credits it will cost you. Brown Derby would be my next sugguestion. Sanaa would be a good break if you are at AK park for the day or trying Jiko (I have never eaten there but it tends to get good reviews. CRT - we tried for the first time and were actually really surprised with how good the meal was. It isn't just for kids. We actually saw a couple get engaged there -- so romantic! I think the new menu on BOG for dinner is better than it previously was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter