So question about Costco Travel Deal ... is this good value?

cmmc

Earning My Ears
So, I guess Costco is running a promotion "Daily Holiday Deals" and I was wondering if this would be a considered a good deal? You have to book it by Nov 29 2018. They have quite a few available date ranges including before Christmas this year. I would also get 2% back because I have an executive membership. Anyway, I will go away and do the research for myself but just wanted to post this right away in case anyone else would be interested, given the book it deadline of tomorrow.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort

compassRating_04.0.png

Check-in: Jan. 19, 2019
Check-out: Jan. 24, 2019
Room 1: Dolphin Balcony Resort-View Room
Non-Refundable Non-Changeable Rate - Days of Holiday Deals Promotion
Included Extras:
  • USD 100 resort credit
  • Complimentary upgrade from Traditional Room
  • Kids ages 3-9 eat free
  • Extra Magic Hours Benefit
  • Disney FastPass+ service available 60 days in advance
  • Complimentary transportation to all Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, Disney's Water Parks and Disney Springs
  • Complimentary parking at Disney Theme Parks with a resort room key
arrow-black-dwn.gif

Theme Parks

WALT DISNEY WORLD®
  • Traveler 1: Adult - 5 Day Canadian Resident Theme Park Ticket with PARK HOPPER Option
Total Package Price: $2,646.00 CAD

Just clicked on Hotel Advisory - and found out there is a new Hotel tower being constructed across the street from the Swan so - possible noise and secondly, the water taxis aren't available because the Gondola construction.

We stayed at the Dolphin a few years ago for a "sanity Break" i booked it during Cyber Monday thru Expedia and I can honestly say it was a great vacay, wonderful hotel, terrific staff and a WONDERFUL room with comfy beds and a perfect view! They were in the middle of massive renovations then as well, on the DOLPHIN and we didn't hear a thing even though it was in the same building we were staying in so i doubt the construction at the Swan would bother you much. Honestly the only noise that bothered me (not hubby, he can sleep thru ANYTHING) was the blaring of the horns from the water taxis :P

We ended up with a resort view room on the end of the floor which gave us a wrap-around balcony (that we didn't discover until the 3rd day d'uh!) that we could stand on and watch the fireworks from EPCOT and then swivel over to see the Star Wars ones from The Studios and then Fantasmic. It was PERFECT!

Now is this a good price? Since it includes a 5 day park-hopper pass, a $100 resort credit (there are some seriously good restaurants there!) and your 2% back i would be leaning towards, yes. The way we worked around not having access to airport transportation was booking a rental car with our Airmiles for 2 one-days, once to get there and once to get back, total out of pocket cost for that as (get this!) $15 plus whatever the booking fee was. OH yeah, if you have a CAA membership you also get a discount at all the restaurants in both hotels (i forget the exact amount)

If you want anymore info i have some great pictures i could share with you :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter