So.... That Latest Dining Video...

DB7. Yikes.

I don't think I've ever seen the comments that bad before!

I watched the video AFTER reading the comments. I must say, I really don't think Pete was terrible to the stormtrooper. He leaned in and quietly let him know they were doing a Vlog. He didn't yell or push anyone aside. The eye rolls during Steve's final review I think were for the screaming child in the background, with Pete worrying that the voices were going to get drowned out. The world is so sensitive these days, it's so easy to pile on someone from behind your computer screen.

Keep in mind people, without Pete, there is no DIS.

Love you Pete!

I'm curious to see how Pete handles this on the next podcast.

To Pete's credit, he has stood by his team when the YouTube audience attacked them. Pete should also be granted the same leeway. Having said that, a lot of the comments I read (or at least took seriously) were from regular viewers who noted some hypocrisy (eg. Pete often reciting at length "Respect the cast members". "Park etiquette". "You're not the only one in the park").

This seems to be something common among YouTube celebrities. Specifically, YouTubers become known for something borderline controversial or obnoxious. They push that further and further until one step too far. At first, they refuse to apologize because it's (again) what they are known for, but will eventually relent (whether the mean it or not) due to public opinion.

I enjoy Pete's rants and opinions but you do need a history with the show to 'get' them. I hope Pete sees he could have handled this better and sincerely apologizes.

I don't think this video would even be talked about at all on here if it wasn't for the reddit thread. The fact it showed up on there has people watching the video already believing what they are going to see is bad. So stuff will stand out to people as bad that normally wouldn't cause them to raise an eyebrow.

Steve's announcement today that he is leaving The Dis makes the video perhaps even more cringe-worthy. Obviously he made the decision before the video was filmed, but I'd imagine how frequently he has been ill-treated / mocked by various Dis employees in the past played into his decision to seek other employment.

I don't think this video would even be talked about at all on here if it wasn't for the reddit thread. The fact it showed up on there has people watching the video already believing what they are going to see is bad. So stuff will stand out to people as bad that normally wouldn't cause them to raise an eyebrow.

I think it would, we talk about mispronunciation of food, why wouldn't we talk about that.

Steve's announcement today that he is leaving The Dis makes the video perhaps even more cringe-worthy. Obviously he made the decision before the video was filmed, but I'd imagine how frequently he has been ill-treated / mocked by various Dis employees in the past played into his decision to seek other employment.

That’s a huge conclusion you’re jumping to. Pete said Steve and his wife will continue to work for Dreams.

Historically, when a member of The DIS team leaves under less-than-ideal circumstances, it isn't discussed on the show and they don't continue working for the company in another role. Steve was on the show today, he announced his departure, he and his wife are both staying on as Dreams agents, and everyone's mood seemed good. Say what you want about the dining show vlog, but I don't believe Steve is leaving because of ill treatment.

He wasn't rude to the storm trooper, just basically said he didn't want to play along.

"I can't record a Vlog without this going on. Really?!?!? Really?!?! Right in the middle?
<Condescending "Shhhhh">
Remember what I said on the show about what annoyed me about Galaxy's Edge?
<gestures towards cast member> This!
Remember what I said annoyed the hell out of me about this place? Well there you go.
Trying to record a vlog. Move along."

Kinda pretty rude...

I thought the vlog was cute and silly and informative. I look at Reddit the same as a tabloid. All about sensationalism for drama queens. You’ll be hard pressed to find common sense there.
And I have to add that Deni is a class act who thinks fast, is relatable, eloquent, and fun.

"I can't record a Vlog without this going on. Really?!?!? Really?!?! Right in the middle?
<Condescending "Shhhhh">
Remember what I said on the show about what annoyed me about Galaxy's Edge?
<gestures towards cast member> This!
Remember what I said annoyed the hell out of me about this place? Well there you go.
Trying to record a vlog. Move along."

Kinda pretty rude...
Yeah, in text, since I had the ability to see the body language, hear the inflection, and know the past context I found it to be more playful than anything.

Things I find to be funny given this video:

1) It’s almost unanimously agreed by both SWGE lovers, haters, and those in between that the place needs more roaming characters and interaction.

2) These boards, owned by Pete, apparently have a no sarcasm rule.

I watched it once, thought nothing about it, then saw this thread watched it again and read the comments. Maybe he was a bit snarky, but the comments were clearly people just trolling. I didn't even notice the first time I watched the video the faces he was making when Steve was giving his closing comments, I could see how people could take that the wrong way if they were not fans of the show, and unfamiliar with the "Dis team" and how they kid each other all in good fun.

It was definitely hypocritical and a tad pompous given you are on the ST's turf at that moment......

However, and I am by no means an apologist in these parts, it has definitely been overblown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!