So the plans for developing the new hotel have been abandoned ...

felice

Mouseketeer
It'll be interesting to see what happens from now on.

My wife and I are at the DL Resort now for the next couple of weeks, having flown in from the UK on Thursday.

Yesterday (Friday) we took a walk along to Downtown Disney. Quite a lot of changes there. Went into World of Disney to find that even though the store was still very impressive inside, only half of the store was open due to the works ongoing in the rest of the building. Guess if people are wanting to buy more Disney related stuff then the parks may be a better bet, as not all stock was available in WOD as yet.

We took a look at the menu at the recently reopened Earl of Sandwich establishment and were very surprised - the prices were cheaper than we thought they would have been. Haven't eaten there yet in any of our trips so far to DL but am reasonably confident that this will change this time :)

So with the plans for the hotel now being cancelled, I wonder if Alamo, Rainforest Cafe and other stores that were located there will make a comeback ? We're hoping to get a hire car later during our trip here but I understand there's another Alamo location not too far away on Katella.

Mods / Admins, if this has already been discussed in an existing thread then please feel free to merge this post if required.

Cheers :)

WOD's grand re-opening is scheduled for 10/19. The full store should be stocked and open then. Until then, there are kiosks with WOD items outside in DTD, as well as the eastern half of the store that is now open.
Give EOS a try (as well as the food trucks that are stationed on that end of DTD) -- lots of variety and fun things to try. And there are live bands scheduled at the Main Stage, too!
Alamo has been moved to the PPH, so you can rent a car there. And, yes, there is another Alamo office on Katella, just west of Harbor, next door to the Alpine Inn. No current news on RFC or ESPN Zone.
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!