"So this is what makes life divine!"PTR Jan 2010* NEW 1/17 TR Link UP!!!

Katie,
It looks like your questions have all been answered already but I wanted to say I am so happy for you! Five more days, that is very exciting!!! :goodvibes

I have to ask....

WWMDFD (What Would My Dis Friends Do)?

(sorry, no pics in this post, just a mommy problem).

I am afraid that I suffered from a little pre-trip anxiety this morning. I had a FULL day of shopping planned. My son was to start MDO (Pre-school "Mother's Day Out" from 9am-1pm) again and I was going to take advantage of the time. Walmart, Target, Disney Store...you know the drill.

Well, I got into his room and noticed there was a little boy in his class who was screaming crying. He had NO jacket on (I mean, it was literally 25 degrees out this morning), sorry for TMI but TONS of gunk coming out of his nose. His neighbor was dropping him off and I overheard her tell the teacher that "His mother would be there in two hours to take him to the doctor" and that....get this..."He had a hard Christmas break because he had the flu AND RSV!!!"

The teacher just smiled and said ok. I was so torn. I did not want to leave him with the sick child. Not only because our big trip is coming up, but because RSV is very dangerous for a young child. My DS is 2.

I left and called my husband. He was concerned as well. He looked up how long RSV is contagious and it said up to 10 days. I called my kid's doctor and she said more like 5-7 days. I was half way to Walmart when I just could not take it anymore. I kept picturing us giving my son breathing treatments in the Wilderness Lodge :eek: and him missing out on any fun.

So...I did what any good Disney addict would do...I made up a story and picked him up!! :rotfl2: We ran right to Walgreens and got antibacterial gel. I know that most of it is airborne, but you do what you can, right?

The doctor did tell me that the kids can show symtoms, like runny nose, for weeks even though they are not contagious anymore. I guess I feel like having my son sick is not worth the 4 hours of kid free shopping. My MIL has offered to watch him tomorrow so I can get my shopping done.

So I ask...WWMDFD :confused3 Am I being crazy?

Katie,
It looks like your questions have all been answered already but I wanted to say I am so happy for you! Five more days, that is very exciting!!! :goodvibes

You are so sweet for writing me! :lovestruc I am in a little bit of shock that, after 6 months of planning, it is here!!! It really is like a dream. My last trip was October 2008 with my immediate family and the in-laws. I am looking forward to spending quality time with my DH and kids alone at WDW ;)

Hi Katie! You are so close!!! Your trip is almost here!! :banana: :banana:

I am not a mommy, but I could have done just what you did - if I saw a clearly sick child, and I had a young one, I wouldn't hesitate removing them from the situation. Not only because you are going on vacation - but I just hate to see kids get sick in general. That brings me a pet peeve of mine - people who are sick/kids are sick and they still are at school, day care, work, etc - ick!! :headache: OK, off my soap box now. :goodvibes

I can't wait for you to go on your trip!!! You are almost there!!!

Hi Katie! You are so close!!! Your trip is almost here!! :banana: :banana:

I am not a mommy, but I could have done just what you did - if I saw a clearly sick child, and I had a young one, I wouldn't hesitate removing them from the situation. Not only because you are going on vacation - but I just hate to see kids get sick in general. That brings me a pet peeve of mine - people who are sick/kids are sick and they still are at school, day care, work, etc - ick!! :headache: OK, off my soap box now. :goodvibes

I can't wait for you to go on your trip!!! You are almost there!!!

Your back!!! :hug: I am so anxious to hear about your trip!!

I know, I simply was floored about the sick kid. The funny thing is that his mom is a Disney freak like me and we always talk about their trips, etc. Some people are just selfish...I think she was WORKING OUT!! :sad2:

Thanks for writing!!

Hi! .. I have read all 18 pages just this evening, thank you for giving me the link to you PTR! :goodvibes

and you go sooo soon to WDW.. i am so jealous!! it looks pretty cool weather in Orlando this week :santa:

Few things I noticed we kinda had in common...

I LOVED Princess & the Frog.. instant Disney classic! It was phenomenal.. I saw it with my sister while in WDW in December (it's not out in the UK until February!).. I bought the soundtrack straight away and haven't stopped listening to it! :cloud9:

DBF (or now.. DF!!) is a Saints fan too... they actually show a few NFL games on the sports channels over here so I end up watching it with him on a Sunday (although I can't really say I understand what is going on ;))

and.. I am currently planning our Disneymoon (DBF proposed on xmas morning!!!) for June 2011 and we're hoping to go on the Disney Dream & then 1 week at the Grand Floridian :cool1: (I get so excited about it, I forget there's a wedding to plan beforehand!)

Anyway... have a fantastic vacation!! :yay:

Emma princess: x x

ps - just started my TR for December 2009, we went 9th-14th, if you'd like to see what it's like that time of year! x

Hi! .. I have read all 18 pages just this evening, thank you for giving me the link to you PTR! :goodvibes

and you go sooo soon to WDW.. i am so jealous!! it looks pretty cool weather in Orlando this week :santa:

Few things I noticed we kinda had in common...

I LOVED Princess & the Frog.. instant Disney classic! It was phenomenal.. I saw it with my sister while in WDW in December (it's not out in the UK until February!).. I bought the soundtrack straight away and haven't stopped listening to it! :cloud9:

DBF (or now.. DF!!) is a Saints fan too... they actually show a few NFL games on the sports channels over here so I end up watching it with him on a Sunday (although I can't really say I understand what is going on ;))

and.. I am currently planning our Disneymoon (DBF proposed on xmas morning!!!) for June 2011 and we're hoping to go on the Disney Dream & then 1 week at the Grand Floridian :cool1: (I get so excited about it, I forget there's a wedding to plan beforehand!)

Anyway... have a fantastic vacation!! :yay:

Emma princess: x x

ps - just started my TR for December 2009, we went 9th-14th, if you'd like to see what it's like that time of year! x

YAY!! I was wondering if you had the link! I appreciate you reading it all--wow!:lovestruc

CONGRATS on the engagement!!! I am sure you are SO excited. And to add a Disneymoon to that...wow!! We will probably JUST be getting of the Dream (we may go end of may 2011). I can not wait for it...it looks amazing. And, the GF is the best resort for a honeymoon (in my opinion). It is so nice and the rooms are huge!

Princess and the Frog was just amazing. The soundtrack is addictive, isnt it?! I am sooo happy that they made it. Top 3 best Disney movies if you ask me and my family :goodvibes

I am off to read your TR!! I am so happy you let me know about it. Me and a friend of mine (ladybugmom) were looking for a good one around that time. Take care!

Katie - sorry you couldn't get your errands done today, but I think you totally made the right call. Imagine how inconsequential the errands would seem if you and your son were holed up at the resort because he was sick on the trip, even if it was just a minor cold.

Definitely better safe than sorry on this one!:goodvibes

Uggh!! I probably would have done the same thing, Katie! What mom in their right mind would send their child to MDO still sick?!?! If it makes you feel any better, when I had strep right before Christmas neither of my girls got it from me--and we were in VERY close quarters before I knew I was sick. Praying Aiden will be just fine!! :goodvibes

Katie - sorry you couldn't get your errands done today, but I think you totally made the right call. Imagine how inconsequential the errands would seem if you and your son were holed up at the resort because he was sick on the trip, even if it was just a minor cold.

Definitely better safe than sorry on this one!:goodvibes

Uggh!! I probably would have done the same thing, Katie! What mom in their right mind would send their child to MDO still sick?!?! If it makes you feel any better, when I had strep right before Christmas neither of my girls got it from me--and we were in VERY close quarters before I knew I was sick. Praying Aiden will be just fine!! :goodvibes

Thanks guys!! I knew that you would agree :goodvibes I def. feel MUCH better about it today. I know that I made the right decision. I have gotten my mother-in-law to agree to watch my son tomorrow while I get the errands done. I am going to bring him with me today to get some things accomplished!

I would have done the same thing! I know I get all outdone when the little girl I watch is brought here sick. I remember last May when we went the other little girl that I was watching at the time was broght here the week before our trip with a stomach virus! I had to call her mom to come pick her up and told her I would see her after I returned from our vacation...than I disinfected everything...luckily we did not catch it.

You have to be super duper excited by now...only days to go!!!!:mickeyjum:

:wave2: Connie

That is awful Katie. I so can't believe the daycare let the child stay. You were so right to take Aiden out. And you will shop today. What fun. You are so unbelievable close. And I bet you have everything all lined up. Lucky. Can't wait for your trip for you.

I would have done the same thing! I know I get all outdone when the little girl I watch is brought here sick. I remember last May when we went the other little girl that I was watching at the time was broght here the week before our trip with a stomach virus! I had to call her mom to come pick her up and told her I would see her after I returned from our vacation...than I disinfected everything...luckily we did not catch it.

You have to be super duper excited by now...only days to go!!!!:mickeyjum:

:wave2: Connie

That is awful Katie. I so can't believe the daycare let the child stay. You were so right to take Aiden out. And you will shop today. What fun. You are so unbelievable close. And I bet you have everything all lined up. Lucky. Can't wait for your trip for you.

Thanks guys :goodvibes Aiden and I had a WONDERFUL day of shopping today. He was such a sweet boy and I can tell that he has grown up so much since I last went shopping with him before Christmas (yes, he has matured lots since then :) ) He really wanted to walk by himself and not be held. He talked up a storm. We went to get his hair cut, to the dry cleaners, to pick up Abby's new tennis shoes, to Target (he got popcorn and juice..that kept him busy!), to pay fees at school and then we came home. He was having a great time and we were listening to Disney music in the car! His favorite is Lion King. I am getting really excited to see if he likes Disney as much as I think he will!! I will try to keep ya updated through facebook. We leave soooo soon :woohoo:

I don't blame you one little bit for getting Aiden out of there! I can't believe a parent would bring a child who is so obviously sick and expose all of the other children. :headache:

Yay on the shopping! You are almost there!! :banana::banana:

Sara

:laundy::cheer2::flower3::rotfl2::cool1::grouphug:
(Emily's smilies)

Hey Katie! Sorry I'm SOOO far behind again. It's been super, super busy at work!! I'm so excited that you're leaving in just a few days--WOO-HOO!!! :dance3: I can't wait for your family to go and have the most wonderful time in the World! I'll try to remember everything I wanted to comment on...

HAHA Staci!!!! I am laughing SO hard right now. I LOVED my clear "candy" bows with confetti!! My fave was a clear one filled with bubble gum. haha what were we thinking?!

Having a little girl is sooo much fun!! I love every minute of it. The rest of my customs should be here by the end of the week! Cant wait to post about it. Also, thanks so much about the info on CHH. I just updated a cool ap. on my iPhone I want to post about. It shows wait time of all the rides, right on your phone! Thanks for reading girl!! Off to catch up on yours :)

AH! Why didn't I have one with bubble gum?!?! :rotfl: The worst was when we put actual M&Ms inside and they started melting in the heat... :sad2: Oh, those were the days. I'm so glad we've moved past that!

Those Aps are INCREDIBLE!!! :eek: I can't believe they have such awesome stuff out there...It gets cooler and cooler by the day. Those will come in SO handy during your trip! I'm glad you found them all.

Hi guys... I have some questions. Can you answer them please :worship:

1) What is the website that you can put a start and end location and get ETAs for buses, boats, etc?

2) Can you fastpass something first thing in the morning, or do you have to wait until a cetrain amnt of people have gone through. For example, if you are first to ride, can you fastpass for later on that day?

3) Do most counter service restaurants (like Electric Umbrella) allow you to use a snack credit to get sides like sliced apples, grapes, cookies, drinks, etc. instead of a meal? Trying to plan snacks in Epcot.

Thank you!

1) I don't know what the website is, but if you find out, will you let me know? :)

2) YES YES YES! It's so smart to get a FP first thing in the morning, THEN get on the ride. Because you'll still probably only have a minimal wait time--it won't change that much in 5 minutes. But if you get a FP after you ride it, your time will be pushed WAY back for when you can get another FP. Make sense? :thumbsup2

3) Yes! I think they all should... Like someone else said, they'll have a symbol as to what it is. Also, you can substitute fruit for dessert at almost all restaurants. Michael and I did this at Pizzafari and loved it!

And lastly, no. You're not crazy at all! I would have done the same thing in your situation! You just can't take the risk of having a sick little boy on vacation. I'm glad your MIL is going to let you go shopping though!

Good luck with all of the finishing details!!! You'll be there before you know it! :woohoo:

I don't blame you one little bit for getting Aiden out of there! I can't believe a parent would bring a child who is so obviously sick and expose all of the other children. :headache:

Yay on the shopping! You are almost there!! :banana::banana:

Sara

:laundy::cheer2::flower3::rotfl2::cool1::grouphug:
(Emily's smilies)

Thank you soooo much Sara!! You are pretty close yourself! I appreciate your Mommy support :)

You go girl! :cheer2:

Are you packed and ready to go???

Umm.....check out my new update I am about to write! WE are all ready..the weather has a different idea :sad2:

Hey Katie! Sorry I'm SOOO far behind again. It's been super, super busy at work!! I'm so excited that you're leaving in just a few days--WOO-HOO!!! :dance3: I can't wait for your family to go and have the most wonderful time in the World! I'll try to remember everything I wanted to comment on...

AH! Why didn't I have one with bubble gum?!?! :rotfl: The worst was when we put actual M&Ms inside and they started melting in the heat... :sad2: Oh, those were the days. I'm so glad we've moved past that!

Those Aps are INCREDIBLE!!! :eek: I can't believe they have such awesome stuff out there...It gets cooler and cooler by the day. Those will come in SO handy during your trip! I'm glad you found them all.

1) I don't know what the website is, but if you find out, will you let me know? :)

2) YES YES YES! It's so smart to get a FP first thing in the morning, THEN get on the ride. Because you'll still probably only have a minimal wait time--it won't change that much in 5 minutes. But if you get a FP after you ride it, your time will be pushed WAY back for when you can get another FP. Make sense? :thumbsup2

3) Yes! I think they all should... Like someone else said, they'll have a symbol as to what it is. Also, you can substitute fruit for dessert at almost all restaurants. Michael and I did this at Pizzafari and loved it!

And lastly, no. You're not crazy at all! I would have done the same thing in your situation! You just can't take the risk of having a sick little boy on vacation. I'm glad your MIL is going to let you go shopping though!

Good luck with all of the finishing details!!! You'll be there before you know it! :woohoo:

Thank you for ALL of your comments!!!! Check out my new update I am about to write. Things are getting crazy around here :sad2: I appreciate you reading and cant wait for you to share in the trip with us!!

Minniesnow.jpg

I am freaking out!!! :scared1:

Our bags are packed, we are ready to go...except....

1) My custom tshirts for the MK are NOT here. The sweet lady that makes them for me sent them priority mail on Monday. They are about 30 minutes away at the "distribution" USPS office. They say that they will be here tomorrow....which leads me to problem #2.

2) Our weather is HORRIBLE. It rained all day today, hard. The freezing temps have just gotten here and they are predicting "black ice" tomorrow. If you dont know what that is, it is ice that is not easy to see and when you are driving, you could crash. The schools are closed tomorrow, which is great because my DD (6) gets an extra day of rest before the trip :banana: BAD, because my mail man MAY not make it tomorrow with the customs:guilty: And BAD because we may not be able to leave Saturday morning unless to ice goes away. Again, I am freaking out.

The "black ice" advisory should be lifted for Saturday morning when we are leaving. But it will be coooolllddd Saturday morning. Record lows. Good thing I have my kid's snuggies ready for the ride:car:

OK, so there are some positive things to report :thumbsup2

My Travel Agent sent all of my documents in earlier this week. She is so amazing! There was SO much info in the package. Maps and guides to the parks, Ressie and ADR info, numbers, dates and times. There was also a guide as to what rides to FP and when. She knows that we want to take a cruise, so she sent me the cruise book for 2010. If that is not enough, she included personal tips for parade watching, rides, etc. She had some really good ones that I will share in my TR!! Here are a few of the goodies....

TravelAgent010-1.jpg

Best yet, she sent my kids treats. They got a GREAT Disney World color book!!! It has Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, etc. color pages. Really cool. Also, my DD got Princess lipstick and an Ariel notepad. My DS got Pooh crayons. She has been such a lifesaver!

TravelAgent012.jpg

Anyway, that is all for now. I will have a large update tomorrow with my customs (keep your fingers crossed). I will put on my Ugg boots and WALK to the post office if I need to :lmao:

If it is being delievered by USPS--you should be fine!!!

pixiedust: Have a magical trip!!! great TA you and Becky really scored with her! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter