So Travelers, Where to Stay in London?

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
I haven't been to London since 1986. We stayed in Kensington, and that seemed fine.

I'm taking my DD after she graduates in May and I'm wondering where the best place is to stay to see all of the touristy things and be conveniently located to tube stations. We also plan to do day trips to Windsor and Bath.

TIA!

We stayed at the Royal Horseguards Hotel -- very nice and conveniently located.

I haven't been to London since 1986. We stayed in Kensington, and that seemed fine.

I'm taking my DD after she graduates in May and I'm wondering where the best place is to stay to see all of the touristy things and be conveniently located to tube stations. We also plan to do day trips to Windsor and Bath.

TIA!

What is your budget? London is expensive so staying a little further out can save money while still having access to good public transport. If you have an expansive budget, stay at the Savoy in a river view room.

Kensington is a fine place to stay and close to many things.

You might also consider the Paddington area as that would most likely be the station you would use for the trips to Windsor and Bath

We stayed at the Royal Horseguards Hotel -- very nice and conveniently located.

Love Horseguards!

I like the look of Horsegards!

The Savoy is beautiful and reminds me of the hotel we stayed at in Rome. That, however, was done with Hilton Honors points and so it was free for 5-stars. I LOVE deals like that.

I don't have enough points to stay for free in London. I don't want to pay the Savoy rates... though, if I was traveling alone with my DH... that's another story.

I highly recommend a day trip to Hampton Court Palace. We’ve been to London many times, and we rank this outing very high on the list. It’s quite close and would give you plenty of time to see London sites that afternoon,

I highly recommend a day trip to Hampton Court Palace. We’ve been to London many times, and we rank this outing very high on the list. It’s quite close and would give you plenty of time to see London sites that afternoon,
That sounds wonderful!

How was I NOT thinking of Henry VIII's home!?! I love British history and know a lot about it.

I wonder if we should try to include Hever Castle, too. Hmm...

I've stayed at both hotels and home rentals in London and prefer the latter. The last time I was there I stayed in a flat in the Sloane Square area. Loved it there!!! I was a two minute walk to the tube and found the whole vibe there very nice.

We stayed at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. Very convenient to the tube and walking distance to may tourist attractions.

I've stayed at both hotels and home rentals in London and prefer the latter. The last time I was there I stayed in a flat in the Sloane Square area. Loved it there!!! I was a two minute walk to the tube and found the whole vibe there very nice.

This is a good suggestion, there are many nice flats available. Even if you don't want to cook on your trip, having a kitchen is handy.

We are doing a London and Paris trip with a few days at DL the end of June. It will be a first for us in those cities and we are so excited!

We are doing London for DD16’s HS graduation. I was looking into renting a flat. We are spoiled with DVC , so separate bedrooms and bathrooms from the kids is a must.

I've stayed a ton of places in London, my favorite and most frequent is the Intercontinental around Hyde Park - GREAT location.

We are doing London for DD16’s HS graduation. I was looking into renting a flat. We are spoiled with DVC , so separate bedrooms and bathrooms from the kids is a must.

You may find that not sharing a bathroom with your kids would cost you more than the convenience is worth. Very few affordable 2 BDR short-let flats will have 2 bathrooms; an extra bathroom just isn't all that common in any but the most expensive recently-renovated buildings.

We stayed at the City Apex London hotel near the Tower of London when we were there last summer. It was excellent. Not terribly expensive and included breakfast each day. Close to the tube station too.

Going in two days staying at the hub by premier Westminster Abby . It’s a fairly new hotel , smaller rooms but all touchscreen or app controlled. I paid 550.00 for 8 nights with a two minute walk to the Abby :) . This wouldn’t be good for a family given the size but great for solo travelers or couples .

Going in two days staying at the hub by premier Westminster Abby . It’s a fairly new hotel , smaller rooms but all touchscreen or app controlled. I paid 550.00 for 8 nights with a two minute walk to the Abby :) . This wouldn’t be good for a family given the size but great for solo travelers or couples .

That's an understatement. I've looked at that one before and couldn't get over the room size.

Fantastic price though, hard to go wrong with that.

That's an understatement. I've looked at that one before and couldn't get over the room size.

Fantastic price though, hard to go wrong with that.

Yeh that’s why it’s better with solo or couples . It’s small but they have plenty of storage kind of like the Japanese hotels . I’m fine with that given I won’t be spending time stuck in the room . I definitely wouldn’t try it if I spent time at the hotel . Lol
They have a great interactive map on the wall that if you hold your camera up to it will show you were attractions are .

We stayed in an Air BnB about a block away from Victoria Station and it was perfect. Within easy walking distance of Westminster/Buckingham Palace/etc, and so close to the tube to get to anywhere farther out. Plus Victoria is a major station so lots of lines go through there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter