So upset with Disney Movie Rewards

chelikay

Earning My Ears
I ordered a Blu-ray compo pack from DMR at the beginning of March and got a notification saying it had shipped. I waited a couple weeks for it and then decided to contact them about it being missing. They gave me the tracking number and told me to contact USPS first and to get back to them. I did and they also told me it was delivered, but I filed a claim with them hoping it would turn up. After a week I contacted DMR again and explaining I did what I was told and that there were still no results.

Today I get an email saying there's nothing they can do and basically it wasn't their problem. They told me it was delivered and that the code associated with that DVD set was even entered into an account. Now I'm mad that someone didn't have the decency to return my package and I'm even more upset that DMR can apparently see that it is not me who redeemed these points and won't even return my points or send me a new one. This is my first experience redeeming my points and is just a bad impression. Has anyone else had any luck with resolving lost packages with them? Is this worth fighting with them more or am I just out of luck? :worried:

Last edited:
Seems you have a bigger issue at hand. If they delivered it to your house than there job is done. Disney nor Fed ex can prove you are telling the truth. What happened is someone stole from you. Time to get a camera out front. Be gald it was only DVDs and not something more expensive.

Has USPS gotten back to you? I believe that's where you are going to have to initiate the fight. As far as Disney is concerned, the package was sent and delivered, what happened to it after delivery (who took final possession) doesn't really matter to them because you may have given it away.

We had a package (not Disney) that was never delivered. It took a LOT of effort with contacting, calling, in-person visit, more calls... but finally got USPS to track it. They CAN do that. They scan every package that gets delivered through them. The mail carriers have a hand-held scanner. Well...they were able to determine that somehow the package was mis-delivered -- to another house 2-3 streets away. They went to that house and asked about it, and of course those people claim to have never seen/received it. USPS did provide written proof that they did not deliver said package to our address, and we were able to get a refund from the original vendor. It took at least a couple months all told.

I don't know if Disney would "refund" your points if you can prove the package was never delivered to your address. But that is likely the only way to get it resolved. If it was in fact delivered to your house and stolen out of the mailbox or off your front porch, you can try making a police report but it likely won't get you very far. So sorry you are dealing with this!

Seems you have a bigger issue at hand. If they delivered it to your house than there job is done. Disney nor Fed ex can prove you are telling the truth. What happened is someone stole from you. Time to get a camera out front. Be gald it was only DVDs and not something more expensive.

I live in an apartment and the tracking number said it was delivered in my mailbox which I need a key to open. So I’m assuming when the postman was delivering all the mail he just put it in the wrong slot. It has happened twice before but the people were kind enough to deliver it to me themselves. But I guess I will try and get more of USPS and just leave Disney alone. Thank you for your reply!

Has USPS gotten back to you? I believe that's where you are going to have to initiate the fight. As far as Disney is concerned, the package was sent and delivered, what happened to it after delivery (who took final possession) doesn't really matter to them because you may have given it away.

We had a package (not Disney) that was never delivered. It took a LOT of effort with contacting, calling, in-person visit, more calls... but finally got USPS to track it. They CAN do that. They scan every package that gets delivered through them. The mail carriers have a hand-held scanner. Well...they were able to determine that somehow the package was mis-delivered -- to another house 2-3 streets away. They went to that house and asked about it, and of course those people claim to have never seen/received it. USPS did provide written proof that they did not deliver said package to our address, and we were able to get a refund from the original vendor. It took at least a couple months all told.

I don't know if Disney would "refund" your points if you can prove the package was never delivered to your address. But that is likely the only way to get it resolved. If it was in fact delivered to your house and stolen out of the mailbox or off your front porch, you can try making a police report but it likely won't get you very far. So sorry you are dealing with this!
I have not heard anything. I think I will go talk to them on my day off on Thursday. I live in an apartment where we have all the mailboxes in one place and we just open it with a key. I’m assuming the mailman just put it in the wrong box and whoever got it just kept it. People make me so mad. It has happened twice before and both times the people were kind enough to give it to me themselves. But at least it is just a DVD and wasn’t something a lot more expensive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!