So we are already planning our 2020 trip...where do you...

Melanie230

DIS Veteran
stay offsite? We NEVER stay offsite but I am considering it for our January 2020 trip. It will be

Me, DH, DD (30), DS (20), DD (17), our grandson that is autistic (non verbal) he will be almost 10, and our grand daughter 18 months. I have been looking at VRBO locations but I wondered do you guys have any VRBO places you love, or off site resorts that will give us the space we need for the little ones, and enough space for DH and I to hide...lol!

We are dedicated offsite people, have made at least 15 trips offsite. There are a few concentrated pockets of townhouse/condos, which run around the area of Rt. 192. Rt. 192 goes east/west along the south side of WDW. There's a heavy pocket of areas to the east side of WDW and one to the west. If you stay on the west side, Rt. 192 will hit Rt. 27 and there's a bunch there on 27 as well. Honestly, both sides are great. You'll have easy access to restaurants, shops, etc... We slightly prefer the east side, but like the west side just fine too. There are tons of places, too many to name. We've stayed in everything from 3 bedroom condos (about 800 sq ft) to 4 bedroom/3 bath townhouses (1300sq ft) to single family homes. They all offer plenty of space to spread out and all the conveniences of home. They've all been "safe" communities, most of them are gated. Commute time to WDW isn't bad at all...from front door of our condo to actually stepping foot in the park (i.e. park, security, tap point) is 25-50 minutes depending on day, park, etc....

Sorry to be generic, but I'd focus on staying around Rt 192 and you'll have endless options.

stay offsite? We NEVER stay offsite but I am considering it for our January 2020 trip. It will be

Me, DH, DD (30), DS (20), DD (17), our grandson that is autistic (non verbal) he will be almost 10, and our grand daughter 18 months. I have been looking at VRBO locations but I wondered do you guys have any VRBO places you love, or off site resorts that will give us the space we need for the little ones, and enough space for DH and I to hide...lol!

I've stayed in Lake Berkley several times - nice, quiet community with a mix of townhomes and pool homes. My best friends also stay there or in Terra Verde (they are actually there right now!) This is also a mix of townhomes and pool homes but the communal area is a bit more active. This past May we decided to try staying on the west side - literally - we stayed in a townhome in Windsor at Westside. It was fine but I wouldn't stay there again. It attracted us because of the pool area (lazy river, splash area, etc) but it also seemed to attract a bit of a party crowd...it got very noisy late at night several times. We also didn't love the west side area as much.

Others on the board LOVE Windsor Hills - it is very popular and is close to Disney property. I am also intrigued to try Storey Lake some day.

We stay at Windsor Hills as well and love it. The house we rent when we go is www.villaparklane.net. It's perfect for our family and the owners are great to work with. We have booked this house again this December for Mickey's Christmas Party.

We stay at Windsor Hills as well and love it. The house we rent when we go is www.villaparklane.net. It's perfect for our family and the owners are great to work with. We have booked this house again this December for Mickey's Christmas Party.

That one is super cute! I have saved that listing. I am going to check out Windsor Hills.

Good luck to you! Just a quick note about Windsor Hills.. The nicer houses do book well in advance because it's a popular community.

We trade our timeshare for either Wyndham Bonnet Creek (a more expensive trade) or Vacation Village at Parkway (a more economical trade). Both resorts are similar in size and decor and are super close to WDW. WBC is slightly more resort-ish due to a restaurant and lazy river.

I always stay offsite and stay at Orange Lake Country Club. It is right on W192 and about a mile and a half from Disney.

We have stayed many times in Windsor Palms. They have 2 and 3 bedroom condos, 3 bedroom townhomes, and 3 to 6 bedroom single homes. We've rented a variety of places there and will be there again in October in a 3BR condo. It is a very nice gated community about 10 minutes away. Nice community pool (most single homes have their own pool, some townhomes have a small splash pool). The clubhouse has a fitness center, small movie theater, game room, and convenience store. We love it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!