So what’s your other than Disney Trip!?

0FF TO NEVERLAND

DIS Veteran
So we all plan Disney trips of course, but what’s the trip after Disney ( if your not going right back to Disney as the next one )

I’m looking at a Europe trip. Maybe Spain or Greece. I’d do Disney than another place the next year. Repeat.

Working the numbers it’s hilarious how close it comes out to Disney World pricing lol

So What’s the after Disney trip?!

We continuously mix it up. Disney, but several western US national parks trips, recently Iceland, soon Costa Rica, plus some occasional shorter trips to the beach, nearby amusement parks, or camping. Iceland was more expensive than Disney but Costa Rica will be cheaper .... even with needing plane tickets to get there vs. driving for Disney.

This year - rv trip to Canada & Alaska

Past years - European river cruise; trip to China; basic tent camping.

We usually go to DW twice a year - but this year we did Italy - at Christmas. Our kids had never been and we went with our whole family (20 of us). It was such a great trip.

Northwestern Michigan. It’s about a 3.5 - 4 hour drive for us. Some of the prettiest water and country I’ve ever seen.

I only go to Disney as a side trip if I happen to be in the US. There is no way on earth I would make it the main part of a trip over and over and over and over and over again, but that’s just me.

I’m aiming for Europe next trip. No idea exactly where as yet but we’re talking about Spain or Greece or Italy. Morocco is also on my radar, I have a friend over there now and the photos look awesome.

We don't really have a regular go-to place. For bigger trips we've visited national parks and historical places mostly. We visit the beach and the L.A. area a few times a year because they're pretty close.

I only go to Disney as a side trip if I happen to be in the US. There is no way on earth I would make it the main part of a trip over and over and over and over and over again, but that’s just me.

I’m aiming for Europe next trip. No idea exactly where as yet but we’re talking about Spain or Greece or Italy. Morocco is also on my radar, I have a friend over there now and the photos look awesome.
Us too - we did our big Disney extravaganzas years ago and now it's more just a day trip as part of other itineraries. We had half-intended to have a day at DLR while we were in SoCal last month but other choices prevailed. Have you been to the Med region jevs? We cruised there last May and did a day in Marseille, Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome and Pompeii. We'd started out from Paris and ended up in Barcelona. It was epic!

As to the original question, cruising is our default vacation in a way that Disney never was. If we haven't specifically planned a "bucket-list" type of trip we just assume we'll do a cruise and then find one to suit our vacation schedule and budget. We're sailing out of Galveston in September to some albeit familiar and less-than-amazing ports but we're looking forward to the time together and the break from work none the less.

Disney isn't our #1 destination for vacation. We go every 2-5 years or so usually. Our last trip was February 2015 with DD and her family and her DH's parents. Awesome trip! My next trip to Disney is this coming November with DD, she invited me to go with her. I was thinking about spending 4-5 nights at Disney in February, before our cruise but not sure we're going to do that after all. May just rent a condo for a week instead.

Our main vacations are usually a cruise, our next one is a 7-night Caribbean on Royal's Oasis of the Seas. I've been wanting to go on that ship for a few years now so I'm really looking forward to it. We've done several cruises in the past with Disney, Royal and Carnival and have enjoyed them all. Love cruising!!

We also love the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, have vacationed there 3 times in the past few years and thinking about going again in the spring of 2020. We also love camping in the upper peninsula of Michigan, and plan to take a 2-week trip up there in late summer/early fall this year.

Mackinaw Island is another place we love to go, went last year in September for a few nights but not planning to go this year. Maybe next summer though. We tend to stay a bit longer each time we go. :) I would love to spend a week in a cottage there, but most people seem to rent their cottages for a month at a time instead of weekly. :(

On our "bucket list" is a trip to Alaska. Just not sure if we will take a cruise, or take the camper and go for a few weeks, or fly there and rent a car/cabins for 2-3 weeks. Trying to decide.

Kinda of putting Hawaii off our "bucket list", just not as interested in going there now as we used to be. We'd rather see Alaska.

Disney is our main destination currently. Been to 38 countries, coast to coast and driven route 66 from end to end so by no means am I not well traveled, thanks to my job and Army. Disney is easy for us. We are planning a trip to Hawaii, our current regular outside of Disney is the veach, any beach. Give me a beach and I am a happy girl!

This year our trip other than Disney is a cruise to Bernuda. We tend to cruise every other year. The other year we do a land trip such as national parks. We have been to the Grand Canyon, San Diego, Sedona, Yellowstone, and did an Alaskan cruise in the past 3 years.

Disney hasn't been our groove for several years due to the massive proliferation of the AA program at DLR. WDW is an option, but a whole magnitude more expensive for an experience that doesn't change all that much... once every 5 or so years is enough.

We tend to do cruises, long weekends, or national parks instead now. This year we're doing 8 days in Alaska over Independence day week, and another cruise (7 day) after Gluttony day in November.

We've done Branson, Wisconsin Dells, Park City Utah, Rocky Mountain National Park, and San Diego (with a side of Disneyland).

Well... the only other "vacation" I have planned at the moment is Gen Con, but that is local for me. Hoping to get to Chicago next year, but I don't have anything planned yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter