So what do you eat the night before Thanksgiving?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Anyone have special traditions or just whatever comes to mind or whatever is in the fridge/freezer/or nearby restaurant? :teeth:

We used to make it simple when the kids were younger....usually take out pizza.

Now it's just DH and I the night before so probably whatever is leftover from Monday or Tuesday's dinner which possibly this year is chili. :)

This year it will be the big meal with my kids. Usually though it's pizza or take out fried chicken. I cook that whole day and many times don't have a empty anything to cook supper in.

My mom and dad had the sweetest tradition both the night before Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Whichever pie he asked for for the "big meal", she always made an extra and that was supper. It was always a nice night for them on both those nights. They were alone since we were all busy and the work for the holiday was done and they just put their feet up, watched a movie and ate pie! After dad died, those two nights were the hardest for mom and nothing we did made it really any easier.

When I do a lot of kitchen time just looking at all that food dulls my appetite, LOL. I send the man and DGD to watch the Macy's balloon blow up a few blocks from the house (well I used to...just sold the apartment but maybe a nabe will invite them in) and they come back with some kind of Asian takeout. I tended to nibble on salad greens and whatever I was chopping/cooking.

I didn't know T-day Eve was a "thing". Aren't most people at work and school on the Wednesday?

For us T-day is a Monday but lots of people have their dinners on Sunday.

It's not really a "thing" but here most kids are out of school the whole week and anyone working in education are off that week.

Since a lot of people have their Thanksgiving meal at noon or shortly after, a lot of cooking is done that day. Especially those off work and/or retired. Mom always did her pies and yeast rolls that day (rolls heated up or last portion of cooking done just before serving) and had her dressing and casseroles ready to put in the oven. I do it mostly the same way.

I didn't know T-day Eve was a "thing". Aren't most people at work and school on the Wednesday?

It’s not really a “thing” but for most people, myself included, if you’re going to have a big/huge meal and will be cooking most of the next day you want something simple, preferably something that doesn’t leave leftovers or mess up the kitchen.

We usually get a pizza.

I wasn't insunuating that the night before is a "thing". For my sons when they were home they use to go next door to help grandma make pies and other goodies for the next day. That's why we usually just had pizza to keep it kind of simple. And yes, we worked all day on Wednesday......thus the pizza! ;)

Tuesday I will be making spaghetti with roasted red pepper sauce, broccoli, and garlic bread. I will eat the leftovers from that on Wednesday night.

I’ve heard this is true, which surprises me. I would have thought St.Patrick’s Day would be the busiest day.

I think it’s because everyone is off for thanksgiving. No one wants to cook. And St. Patrick’s Day can land on a weeknight with work the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter