So what do you eat the night before Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving Eve is more a thing for College kids back home from school. They go out and hang out with their friends that they may not have seen since summer. Bars are CRAZY busy on Thanksgiving Eve.

We are having our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. Dh and dd are headed to Orlando Wednesday for soccer showcase.

I cooked today so that we can eat our big thanksgiving meal at noon tomorrow. I'll have 15 people here for lunch-missing 7 other family members this year. Made dressing, cranberry relish, sweet potato casserole, 2 desserts today. Tomorrow I'l do the turkey, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy and cook the dressing and casserole.

Most families in this region eat the big thanksgiving meal for lunch. So it means there's cooking the day before.

Tonight it was 'fend for yourself' for dinner. I opened a can of soup, dh had hummus on tortillas, 1 ds had frozen chicken tenders.

No room in the fridge to make a night meal tonight and I have planned enough for tomorrow's meal.

Thanksgiving Eve is more a thing for College kids back home from school. They go out and hang out with their friends that they may not have seen since summer. Bars are CRAZY busy on Thanksgiving Eve.

Ive gone out on thanksgiving eve for years and never notice a big number of college kids. Maybe I’m at the wrong bars. Lol

If there are any leftovers from Monday and Tuesday, we eat them up on Wednesday to make room in the fridge for the inevitable Turkey Day leftovers. If not, maybe something like omelets, or a can of soup, or fast food takeout.

Nothing special. Christmas eve we usually end up at the in-laws for dinner but the night before Thanksgiving nothing planned. My mom hosts Thankgiving for the whole family (and has been for quite a while now) so no need to make room in my fridge lol

We grab something quick and out since I've been prepping all day. Our Thanksgiving is tomorrow so we had Taco Bell tonight.

I have no idea! I am so busy cooking that I assume that if my DH or kids asked me for food I would just tell them to get it themselves. They probably eat sandwiches or pop tarts, who knows.

Anyone have special traditions or just whatever comes to mind or whatever is in the fridge/freezer/or nearby restaurant? :teeth:

We used to make it simple when the kids were younger....usually take out pizza.

Now it's just DH and I the night before so probably whatever is leftover from Monday or Tuesday's dinner which possibly this year is chili. :)

Just regular dinner. I have to make cornbread and pumpkin pies that day, so something simple is good.
Probably either a steak (easy to cook, with steamed veggies on the side) or hamburgers, probably.

DH and I have to work and DS has school on Wednesday then I will be doing final cleaning and some cooking as well as going to Church for a Thanksgiving service so it will probably be Chinese for us. I don't want any dishes or any extra mess that night! We are also having pot pies Monday b/c I am off from work and will be doing the major cleaning then. I am not about to spend all day cleaning and then have to cook dinner or clean up from it!

Anyone have special traditions or just whatever comes to mind or whatever is in the fridge/freezer/or nearby restaurant? :teeth:

We used to make it simple when the kids were younger....usually take out pizza.

Now it's just DH and I the night before so probably whatever is leftover from Monday or Tuesday's dinner which possibly this year is chili. :)

Pizza. I'm too busy getting ready for Thanksgiving to want to cook and clean up a meal.

I think the idea of establishing an actual tradition is a GREAT idea. Every year, I suddenly realize "oh, yeah, we have to eat tonight too!" as I'm rolling out pie dough or chopping the veggies for the stuffing. Even a simple tradition like ordering a pizza would become something to look forward to rather than an afterthought. I'm going to give this one some thought.

We'll be on the road this year, so it'll be fast food somewhere. I need to decide what we'll eat on Tuesday though because that is pie baking, packing, etc. night so we'll be ready to leave immediately after leaving work early on Wednesday.

Okay - here's my nomination for a new Thanksgiving eve tradition. Tomato soup (store bought) and cheese quesadillas. (I'll need tortillas for turkey enchiladas later in the weekend anyway!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter