• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So what's actually the name of this resort???

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
This weekend we received a large postcard entitled "We just can't wait." It tells how the entire Disney ganig is "real excited" about our upcoming visit. It really reads like a "please don't cancel."

What strikes me as odd about this post card is that 3 times it refers to "Disney's All Star Movie Resort. "Movie", as in singular. Even the signature reads, "Djuan Rivers, General Manager, Disney's All Star Movie Resort."

Can it be that the guy doesn't even know the name of the resort he manages? I've never once seen the name in the singular. I checked the WDW website and everywhere it is plural. Heck, the giant letters across the side of main building by the bus stops spell out the name of the resort and there is definitely an "s" there.

Am I making something out of nothing? I'm not sure why this bothers me so much.

That's even "worse" (however insignificant) than the EPCOT Center signs they still have in some places (International Gateway and either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon).

They just changed polynesian to "THE POLY"

I just got a postcard
"thnx cnt wait 2 c u here n dsny for mvmcdp"

Now there calling ANIMAL KINGDOM "da ZOO"

The "correction" to Movie could have been made by a grammar checker, Microsoft Word suggests dropping the s if you use the standard grammar options. Not really an excuse only a possible explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter