So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

If you've not been to Downtown Disney in awhile you may not be aware of the parking problem that's developed out there due to the closure of 4 lots to build a new parking garage. While there is plenty of parking back behind Cirque and House of Blues during off-peak times, parking in the remaining lots can become next to impossible at peak times leading to gridlock. Well apparently some of the 3rd party businesses out there are quite upset about it:

http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2013/12/pi-update-dtd-vendors-upset-about.html

BobK/Orlando

Fans of the Adventurers Club may be interested to hear that the Jekyll and Hyde Club (from NYC) is rumoured to be coming to Universal Citywalk.

Supposedly construction is already well underway.

Fans of the Adventurers Club may be interested to hear that the Jekyll and Hyde Club (from NYC) is rumoured to be coming to Universal Citywalk.

Supposedly construction is already well underway.

I can't find anything about this, even as a rumor...and if construction is under way, I would expect something about it...

Although interesting, their overall record with the places seems to be poor. The first Club closed in 2012, as well as several other attempts to open in other locations.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.htm#Citywalk here ya go for link.

I agree its always has sounded like a very poor copy of the Adventurers Club, but maybe with a little help from Universal they'll get it right this time.

Still only a rumour, but screamscape seems to think something will be announced in this coming week.

Keep in mind that Screamscape is an aggregator of rumors. They post rumors that they come across or that are provided to them. Just because they post something does not mean it's for real.

BobK/Orlando

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.htm#Citywalk here ya go for link.

I agree its always has sounded like a very poor copy of the Adventurers Club, but maybe with a little help from Universal they'll get it right this time.

Still only a rumour, but screamscape seems to think something will be announced in this coming week.

From how it reads it sounds like someone making a leap of logic based on the supposed exterior and no other info.

Fans of the Adventurers Club may be interested to hear that the Jekyll and Hyde Club (from NYC) is rumoured to be coming to Universal Citywalk. Supposedly construction is already well underway.

Well this rumor quickly died when the building in CityWalk opened as a Mexican restaurant, just as it had been advertised.

BobK/Orlando

I would have been excited to go to a Jekyl and Hyde Club. We had one in the DFW area for a while and it was a hoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!