So what's the deal with the new ice rule?

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
Rookie here. I was planning on bringing in bottles of water, and a Yeti type bottle filled with ice. Is this no longer allowed, or is just ice in larger containers that is not allowed?

Loose Ice - people would dump it out of coolers and create a walking hazard. As long as it is in a sealed container it is fine

I believe there were also security issues, having to check stuff and deal with the ice. Or so I've heard.

I have only driven with them. I am flying in September, and did not even think of that being a potential problem.
I think the blue stuff is considered a gel. Was wondering if you’d found a specific one that was ok. I was amazed to see someone post some that freeze at like 50F, so I didn’t know if there was something else that I’d never seen too.

If you check luggage it will be fine but carry on luggage it would be a no go. Anything that is a liquid and gel is a liquid according to TSA so they would have to be 3.1 oz or less

Having loose ice in a cooler creates an issue when you go through a security checkpoint and they have to dig through it all. Having ice cubes in a water bottle isn't going to be a problem.

Regarding loose ice--can we have loose ice in quart-size ziplock bags? Hoping to be able to bring ice from our camper each morning, then just pouring it down a drain (or drinking it) when it melts.
Also, if my yeti tumbler is filled with ice, will they allow that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter