So when do you think it will be "safe to go back in the water?"

After looking at TP, i’m Going with January. SWGE will propbably be insane for a year, but I think we’ll return to just "busier than usual" after Christmas.

It will be more or less back to normal around June 2022. Because that's when our next trip is planned! :rotfl: So I hope I'm right! :crazy:

Just reviewing my ADR's for when I am there the first week of September this year, seeing if there was any changes we wanted to make and there are lots of reservations still to be had for all venues at HS at all times including the Fantastic Dinning Package. This includes the first weekend after Labor Day. I am thinking people may be overreacting. Sure it will be busy but 2 years ago the first week of December I had a hard time getting any ADR's 180 days out at any restaurant across all the parks.

We are not going again until 2021 but on the bright side we do each park for 2 days and leave one day open which in this case will be Galaxys Edge

None of us can say for sure....
Mission:SPACE had HUGE lines when it was new. EE also had crazy lines when it was new, and it is still popular, but not like it once was.

The more pertinent question - for now- might be to ask what happens to Pandora and 7D after the new SW opens.

FoP will probably remain popular for a while, but I imagine Na'vi will soon be near walk-on.

I think 7D will also see some drop off when SW opens. I don't mean it will be walk on, but it will probably be moer like EE is now.

None of us can say for sure....
Mission:SPACE had HUGE lines when it was new. EE also had crazy lines when it was new, and it is still popular, but not like it once was.

The more pertinent question - for now- might be to ask what happens to Pandora and 7D after the new SW opens.

FoP will probably remain popular for a while, but I imagine Na'vi will soon be near walk-on.

I think 7D will also see some drop off when SW opens. I don't mean it will be walk on, but it will probably be moer like EE is now.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I don't see it. I think for a significant line drop to occur within a park, something "new and wonderful" will have to be in that park. For example, I don't see SW having much effect on Na'vi, but would have an effect on other HS lines, including Slinky Dog. Not so much with the standby line, as more people will be in HS, but with the fastpass availability, since many will want to use that tiered slot for one of the SW attractions, not Slinky. Similarly, MK is such a popular park that I think 7D lines/fastpasses won't change much, but when Tron opens up, they might.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I don't see it. I think for a significant line drop to occur within a park, something "new and wonderful" will have to be in that park. For example, I don't see SW having much effect on Na'vi, but would have an effect on other HS lines, including Slinky Dog. Not so much with the standby line, as more people will be in HS, but with the fastpass availability, since many will want to use that tiered slot for one of the SW attractions, not Slinky. Similarly, MK is such a popular park that I think 7D lines/fastpasses won't change much, but when Tron opens up, they might.
Oh yes, when Tron opens up - assuming it is any good- then the oldest 3 mountains will most certainly see some drop off. Personally, I could totally see myself completely skipping 7D in favor of a more exciting option. And I might forget completely about Peter Pan, if the Tron ride is any good.

I liken this more to succession than say, extinction. Older e-rides don't go extinct, but they do get overshadowed.

Most e-rides have some staying power, but I remember when folks posted here to say that M:S and TSM would never have a drop off.

TSM and EE are good examples to consider. When EE was the newest ride, AK was packed...then after 7D, not as much...

Of course another BIG factor is how many hours the parks are open. FoP might have a 2hour wait, but only because AK closes fairly early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!