So...when do you think you will get back?

I'm hoping to cruise early 2022 and Disney in late 2022 or early 2023. Debating between going Oct/Nov to get to see Halloween and Christmas or waiting until the new year and getting better prices. Normally, we'd go next summer but I am doubtful that will happen. We went last year at the end of August and I know facebook is going to be showing me pictures from that trip soon... it will make me sad :(

Kiddo has asked for Disneyland Paris, he also wants to see the "war stuff" in France but that is a trip that will require a lot more research on my part.

A little humour from a Canadian Internet star - he refers to himself as The internet's Favourite Dad * (*unproven) You might recognize him from his Canada Day KFC Ad I'm currently lost down the rabbit hole of his Youtube channel and shared one on the mask thread as well!

I know I’ll be canceling our November/Dec Universal trip, it just doesn’t look like things will be any different. But no rush. Wether I cancel now or October makes no difference. I’ll still be able to bank airfare I booked months ago. But still holding out hope for Aug 2021 to happen. A lot can change in a year right?

We were supposed to do Paris Disneyland (as part of 2 weeks in Europe) in May. I had been hoping to do the same trip May 2021, but I'm losing hope on that. For WDW, the plan is to renew our vows there for our 20th anniversary in April 2022.

I think at the very best it will be this time next year. However, I'm realistic that even next August might not happen.

It makes me super sad to think about skipping Disney this year and maybe next. We have gone to WDW 2-3 times a year for the last 16 years. There was only 1 year with a single visit. My last visit was this past December....it was really tough to rearrange work/staff to free up the time for myself but now I'm really glad I made it happen.

I really should remove the flights I have on Google flights... they are showing round trip in December for $420 for two people... not that I'll be going anywhere but that's some really nice prices! :(

Not soon enough for me.
For many people... When is it that the time availability works, the moneys there, and Getting the resort location/reservations you want all aligns.....yet, canceled the AP and (Impatiently) waiting... like I said.. not soon enough for me but Spring ‘21 ...

I really should remove the flights I have on Google flights... they are showing round trip in December for $420 for two people... not that I'll be going anywhere but that's some really nice prices! :(
I keep getting those notifications too on my phone.. ugh lol

Not soon enough for me.
For many people... When is it that the time availability works, the moneys there, and Getting the resort location/reservations you want all aligns.....yet, canceled the AP and (Impatiently) waiting... like I said.. not soon enough for me but Spring ‘21 ...

I just cancelled Spring 2021 as well. I've already banked as many points as I could, and now I'll have to try and rent all of the already banked points that will be expiring early next year.

That's what I don't understand. Obviously, there are very few air travels these days. They need to sell the tickets at a loss to attract customers. Yet, they are trying to squeeze more people in each aircraft... they want people to sit shoulder-to-shoulder, sharing the seat armrests with elbows and hands rubbing each other?!

https://blog.westjet.com/westjet-statement-on-seat-distancing/
So why not keep the airfare at the same pre-pandemic level, block the middle seat, and make it safer for those who need/want to travel? They will still make the same amount of money and the travelers will be happier.

That's what I don't understand. Obviously, there are very few air travels these days. They need to sell the tickets at a loss to attract customers. Yet, they are trying to squeeze more people in each aircraft... they want people to sit shoulder-to-shoulder, sharing the seat armrests with elbows and hands rubbing each other?!

So why not keep the airfare at the same pre-pandemic level, block the middle seat, and make it safer for those who need/want to travel? They will still make the same amount of money and the travelers will be happier.
I agree. I’ve also wondering it’s possible to buy that middle seat to gain a space buffer. I think I’d have trouble at check in. No one to fill the seat. Pricing is so low that it’s financially a reasonable possibility.

I agree. I’ve also wondering it’s possible to buy that middle seat to gain a space buffer. I think I’d have trouble at check in. No one to fill the seat. Pricing is so low that it’s financially a reasonable possibility.
You can buy an extra seat if you want...you need to call in to do it. No issues at check in...they link the seats together. They do this for the person of size policy as well as those that purchase a seat for an infant.

The issue is that Canadian airlines have VERY small profit margins. I know people like to complain about the cost of airfare in Canada but they fail to realize that the US has 10x the population to support their airline business. The second and biggest reason our airfares are so high is that our government charges more tax on our flights and airports than almost any other country . At this point in time our airlines are struggling to remain viable. It’s not even about profit at this point, it’s about not completely going under.

I know I’ll be canceling our November/Dec Universal trip, it just doesn’t look like things will be any different. But no rush. Wether I cancel now or October makes no difference. I’ll still be able to bank airfare I booked months ago. But still holding out hope for Aug 2021 to happen. A lot can change in a year right?

This is what I'm hoping for but mine was September (Labour day week) and now I'm hoping the same week September 2021. We'll see.

Cancelled our Dec 2020 trip and we are now looking at Christmas 2021. Everything is so uncertain right now

I don't know if I am just being pessimistic, but I don't think it'll be months before the world goes back to normal, I am thinking years out from being able to travel without being masked and without having to worry about quarantining when returning. I just can't see things getting back to normal for a very very long time. We are still saving money for when we CAN travel, but we are planning for 2 years, maybe longer before we will attempt Disney again. We aren't interested in shelling out a fortune to have to be stressing the entire time about social distancing and masking up all day. No thanks. Until Disney looks like Disney again we will be saving our money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter