So, wheres everyone staying? Why? 2020

November - Split stay SSR and RIV both times in a 1 bedroom. Just DH and I this trip, using up some points. I can’t wait!

Next August we are planning a family trip.

We're heading home to OKW the last week of October!

We had two different attempts to head to WDW cancelled earlier this year so I'm getting very excited.

Our last trip to Disney was in January 2017!!! Far too long. (We share our membership with my brother's family - we inherited it from our parents.)

That trip in January 2017 was a stay at Kidani, so this is our first time back to OKW since mid 2015.

We honeymooned there in 1994 on the first trip by anyone on my parents' membership.

For this trip, the spread out feel, outdoor access and easy parking/use of your own car all seem to be best in lieu of the pandemic. We'll drive to the parks ourselves most of the time.

We originally had Riviera booked for the Destination D23 Nov 20-22. We debated keeping it, but decided ultimately to cancel.

We also had a BRV Studio booked 12/18-12/23 for a trip to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. They decided to postpone their celebration to December 2021, but we decided we'd keep the trip for a family getaway. With Covid still ongoing, we decided to upgrade it to a CCV Cabin - better for isolation and a nice getaway for us to enjoy the space. We're coming down now on 12/17 and doing 1 night at the Polynesian Studios, mostly to see what we think of the studios there (but also to take advantage of $26 airfare on the 17th!), and then spending the 5 nights at the cabins.

We are still not 100% certain we are going in December, mind you. It really depends on whether we feel safe flying down or not. But if we do, we're looking forward to a stay in the cabins as a nice resort stay in our favorite place.

We are hoping to be there from the week before Thanksgiving to the day after Thanksgiving (10 nights in all). We’ve booked a two bedroom lake view at BLT for 5 nights and then a 2 bedroom at OKW for 5 nights. We shifted and changed a few times for this trip but decided that, for us, 2 bedrooms were the way to go since we aren’t really comfortable eating anywhere indoors or around a lot of people.
We opted for BLT because the kids have always wanted to be able to walk to MK from there and then we picked OKW because we wanted a break from being around crowds closer to Thanksgiving.

We did an 11 night triple resort tour in July. 1 night at Jambo in a value studio, because I had 6 points left on my UY, and with buying enough points for 2 rooms, we still saved money on our flights, as flights the next day were much higher. Then we did 5 nights at BCV as we had originally planned. We then switched the last 5 nights of our trip, which were supposed to be BCV, to BLT because this was right as the parks were reopening, and we wanted to have the option to walk to MK and take the monorail to Epcot (little did we know the Epcot monorail was going to be closed). So there you have it!

Oh, I just realized that out Kidani stay is standard view. Initially it was 4 nights, but was able to add a 5th..i KNOW there are many places to see animals, but i wish I had the points for savannah. :o

We had 2019 points to burn. We just got back from 3 nights at a Riviera STD 1 Bedroom. 3 nights at Vero beach 1 Bedroom. 2 nights at Fort Wilderness lodge in our camper. And 2 nights in a 1 bedroom at Cooper Creek(free upgrade from studio!).

We were suppose to go on a non Disney cruise at the end of December after staying at WDW for a couple of nights but decided to move the cruise to next June. We knew we wanted to still head to Disney since we still had our airline tickets and we wanted to spend Christmas and New Years there (will be going to US/IOA a couple days too). And since this is technically a last minute trip, we are going to be moving around to different resorts. Luckily we are renting a car when we are there which will make moving to the different resorts much easier. Our trip consists of this....
- 12/24 Pop Century...First timers here
- 12/25-12/27 AKL Jambo House Studio Savannah View, first time staying here and even though nothing is open, we are excited to be in a Savannah View
- 12/27-12/31 SSR Studio
- 12/31-1/1 Art of Animation Resort...Another first for us
- 1/1-1/4 OKW 1-Bedroom

We never vacation this way, but desperate times calls for desperate measures, and we are definitely up for the challenge :goodvibes :banana:

We were suppose to go on a non Disney cruise at the end of December after staying at WDW for a couple of nights but decided to move the cruise to next June. We knew we wanted to still head to Disney since we still had our airline tickets and we wanted to spend Christmas and New Years there (will be going to US/IOA a couple days too). And since this is technically a last minute trip, we are going to be moving around to different resorts. Luckily we are renting a car when we are there which will make moving to the different resorts much easier. Our trip consists of this....
- 12/24 Pop Century...First timers here
- 12/25-12/27 AKL Jambo House Studio Savannah View, first time staying here and even though nothing is open, we are excited to be in a Savannah View
- 12/27-12/31 SSR Studio
- 12/31-1/1 Art of Animation Resort...Another first for us
- 1/1-1/4 OKW 1-Bedroom

We never vacation this way, but desperate times calls for desperate measures, and we are definitely up for the challenge :goodvibes :banana:

OK. You're making me feel much better. We have an early Jan 6 day trip split between BCV/CCV and are considering adding on 2 nights at the beginning which would probably be @ SSR. I've been wondering if I'm crazy for staying only 2-3 nights per resort, and now here you are to inspire me! LOL

OK. You're making me feel much better. We have an early Jan 6 day trip split between BCV/CCV and are considering adding on 2 nights at the beginning which would probably be @ SSR. I've been wondering if I'm crazy for staying only 2-3 nights per resort, and now here you are to inspire me! LOL

So happy I can help :goodvibes

Oct 22-28 at our home resort (AKL) 1 BR.
Feb... don't remember dates. Currently at Poly. Maybe move it with the construction. Why? Haven't stayed there in 20 years. It's past due.

Oct 31-Nov 4th: 2BR Villa at Copper Creek to celebrate DH turning the big 5-0 on Halloween! (This is a far cry for the big Greek and Italy cruise and Europe trip we booked for June/July of 2020 to celebrate initially...obviously that's been cancelled and hoping to reschedule one day).

DH and I did an adults-only trip to Disney in mid August on a whim, stayed in a CC Studio, loved it. Geyser Point is a new favorite for us. I liked hopping a boat over the MK and then hitting the monorail to visit the other MK resorts.

We originally had a family trip planned for March...but only to do several WDW Signature dining restaurants AND to actually visit BG Tampa and SeaWorld. I still have those 2-day BG/SW tickets and a 1-day park hopper for WDW as our plan was to just do Disney parks on one day. We'll hang onto that I guess. I hope the BG/SW tickets are still able to be used in the future.

If I wasn't having to shell out for park tickets each and every time I'd plan a few more trips. We felt quite safe back in August, but I know the crowds are a bit different now. With the price of my park tickets for August and now I could have had an AP.

Since we could only borrow 50% of our points for this trip, I had to book 2 nights with our DVC account and find a kind DVC owner willing to rent points and book a reservation for me for the last two nights for the same accomodations. Hoping I can get them linked. I emailed DVC earlier this week but have heard nothing back yet. I'll call if I don't hear as we get closer.

My daughter was hoping to do a high school graduation girls trip in May/June of next year but we'll see if we can make that happen. Other than that, our next plans were to visit in March of 2022 for my big 5-0 celebration.

Our next trip is at AKV-K in a two-bedroom for a week. We love AK. While we prefer Jambo over Kidani both buildings are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!