So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
Thought it would be nice to collect some data.

BWV 9/8-912. Keeping. For now. I’ll wait to see if things change between now and then. If things stay as is? Canceling. How about you??

Do we actually know if the hotels/resorts will open at the same time as the parks to stay in. Currently have a 8/11-8/19 and trying to figure out what to do. If I have no hotel that definitely answers my question.

Campground and DVC resorts open on June 22. We'll find out more about other resorts later, I assume.

keeping Sept 16-25 BWV AKV split stay
Can't get on website to make ADRs
Should have done it sooner!!

have ASSp for 9/18-23. As of now keeping but really debating as we will get closer, mainly because of masks, no fireworks, no characters and no BBB- those are things that really make our trips

I’m interested in all resorts too. I read this but it only mentions DVC resorts. We aren’t going until October but have 2 nights at CBR before we check into BLT.

“Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will also open to members and guests starting on June 15. Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening.”

Mid-September at Pop, keeping mainly because of the Skyliner. Hoping I booked early enough (February) so that if they start cancelling because of capacity I'm safe. Still have not bought a ticket because I don't want to waste my money with a Hopper if it's useless and then have to figure out a refund. I think the hurricane season will unfortunately be the bigger concern.

7/11-7/18 at PVB - Keeping
9/10-9/12 at BLT - Keeping (unless DCL cancels our cruise)
11/19-11/22 at CCV - Keeping (unless RCCL cancels our cruise)

Just realized my 60 day is around opening day for the parks. That will really put a damper on my planning (which is half the fun). I might be canceling earlier than a month out...

We have a split stay in early August - Gran Destino Tower & Kidani. I'm feeling hopeful about Kidani since it looks like DVC resorts are opening in June. Not sure about Destino. If they bump us, hopefully it'll at least be a lateral move, as we booked the Club Level Suite and we were really excited about it :( But as long as resorts and (most) restaurants are open, we will go. We had kind of written off actually going into the parks a while back. I don't think I have the tolerance for 8 hours of August heat in a mask!

We’re out—was gonna be first trip to Disney with two boys, 7 and 4. I just can’t imagine a first trip with no character meets, fireworks, masks all day (including on the kids?), etc. I knew it was coming but I’m sad. This was a rescheduled surprise April trip and I’m at a loss re: when we’ll be able to go. 1 week stay at Poly first week of September. Am i making the right choice! Also coming from NYC so would have to fly...

Tried to change my CR 1 br suite ressie to 2 BC rooms on 7/15-7/19 but looks like I need to await the call from Mouse now.

As of now, I'm keeping August 18-29th. Waiting to hear about resorts, their plans for dining (We made reservations at 180 day mark) and how they decide who goes into the parks. We are staying at POP, have park hopper passes and are night owls. Anyone hear about resorts park hours, or evening entertainment? Universal is closing their parks by 7 pm.

July 19-24th at Pop, keeping.
August 24th-28th at GF, depends on if cruising resumes by then or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter