So you bought DVC what are you gonna do next?? A September birthday PTR *Updated 8/24

Oh Boy! Family... Got to love em.. And hate them all at the same time.

Truer words have never been spoken, lol!

So, knowing how the last trip turned out, I honestly would plan the trip the way you want it to be. Maybe bend a little here and there where you don't really mind doing so, but if there is something you really want to do, keep it!

You're so right. I'm just such a people pleaser when it comes to this stuff.

All sound great!

:thumbsup2

So, I have never done Publix. How does that work? We have done Garden Grocer many times and have always been happy with the service. No complaints. But I would be interested to hear how Publix works and if you use it how it goes.

So in order to get from Publix we'd have to use a company called Shipt or Shipft to actually deliver the groceries, I have to look into it more. I've seen it suggested on a few DVC sites but I have to actually research a bot myself. It's supposed to be less costly. :confused3

Like I said above, if you are ok going there twice go for it but you also don't need to be together the whole time. Good Luck deciding!

I think I'm just gonna leave it open for now. It doesn't help that I kinda wanna do the Star Wars Dessert party now...o_O

I vote for Incredibles! Then you can go see the new one in the theater. I love incredibles and can't wait for the new one!

I think that is gonna be the plan. DH isn't really interested in the new movie mostly cause movies with Elora can be tough cause she seldom sits, which gives him anxiety. But that means we will likely go see it with my mother and sister when we are in Miami in June!!

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In all of 99 days we will be in Walt Disney World!!

That is all.

Have a nice day!

giphy.gif

I swear I Haven't Forgotten You

What a crazy summer! We've had an interesting time these past few months, some great, some awful, but it's all kept us quite busy.
We've changed doctors for Elora, found her a school for the fall, she started swimming and gymnastics, we are volunteering at our library once a week, I've managed to nab a few new clients for my travel agent work (not just Disney oddly enough), my poo husband has had two dear friends die suddenly and tragically which has sent his anxiety through the roof, our car died mechanic and neighbor said it wasn't worth fixing so we bought a new Jeep, not psyched on monthly payments, but it's nice to have a brand new car! Elora and I were in Florida for two weeks visiting family, and while I was there I was able to do our FP+ selections.

Things
went pretty smoothly, I wasn't able to get a Slinky Dog Coaster for the time we'd planned, so we hope to hit it first thing on our
one HS day. I know, I'm nuts for not doing more days there, but it's just not a favorite park for us. AK is our favorite, second to MK, so we do those more than anything else. BUT DD is actually tall enough to ride ToT, and wants too... We'll see how she feels after being in the line. I showed her some videos on YouTube, but it doesn't really capture the intense feeling of dropping like that. I explained it and she said "it's like when I flip in gym?" I said sort of cause your tummy does the same thing, but it's scary too. I showed her the planning DVD and she saw the spooky CMs and yelled "it's like Haunted Mansion, I wanna go there!" So we're going, for now. LOL!

Rather than bore you with all this, being 50 Days out (woot woot) I figured I'd start posting our Daily Plans!

Side note: I am still waiting for the Frozen Ever after Dessert Party to open up for September... If it doesn't open up, we will likely do the one at MK, but I haven't decided if we'll do the Terrace Party or the Garden View Party, any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

As of now E and I will fly into Miami on Tuesday September 4, just after her birthday that Sunday. We will rent a car and drive up the state visiting my grandparents, parents and finally a girlfriend I've know since High School in Tamps who just had a baby! My mom will take the speed rail up to meet us in Palm Beach before we head to Tampa. Then Friday night, or early Saturday morning, we will head to Orlando. We may do it Friday night and just get a room near the airport, haven't decided yet. Saturday we will drop the car at MCO and take the Magical Express into Walt Disney World!!

I was kinda shocked they'd let us do that! Only difference is that our bags will go under the bus instead of be magically shipped to the resort, but they'll likely end up at Bell Services until our room is ready any how. We have decided to rent a stroller this trip since I'm travelling with E solo on the first leg. DH will fly into MCO at noon on Saturday, so he'll meet us at the resort. My sister will also get there Saturday, and she and my mom plan to go to Publix to grab groceries. We ran the numbers, and since we have access to a car, it's much less costly to just go get them than have them delivered.

DD and I will likely swim, and explore the resort this day and we have a reservation at Hoop-Dee Do Musical review Saturday Night at 6:00 PM! The in laws are trying to join us for that, but since SiL likes to plan herself, she said she'd work it out. I have a feeling we will see very little of them this vacation...

That's all from me for now. I'm working on some daily sheets, taken the idea from @StarWarsMomofGirls! But since I'm not sure about our Epcot and thus our MK plans yet, it's a process.

TTFN friend, I'm slowly lurking and catching up on your TRs and PTRs.:grouphug:

Daily Park Day One!

The weather stinks, Elora is "resting" which is as close to a nap as I get on most days. Goodness me I hope she naps in WDW, we'll have some rough nights if not, lol!

Since we're just hanging around I figured I do another Daily. Day two, Sunday 9/9 will be our first day in the parks! DD and DH need time to settle into new places, so we always take a day before we do anything big on vacations/trips. Here's a look at my cheat sheets:

upload_2018-7-21_14-29-53.png

I need to add the confirmation number to Pirate's League, but that's about it! Not too bad for my first set.

THe plan for this day is to hit PP and 7DMT in the early AM, head to Pirates League, grab lunch at Pecos Bills and then nab a spot for the 2 PM parade in Frontierland. I hope to get to do BTMRR before we do Splash; DD is 41" tall and wants to ride everything she's tall enough to get on! We'll see if she's as brave once we get ready to load into the rides! After the parade we'll mosey to meet Ariel, then cross the hub back into Adventureland for Tiki Room, Carpets, etc until our ADR at 5:55 PM at Skipper's Canteen. This is a party night, and we are sadly skipping it this year. Elora did not do well last year and while DH and I liked it, lugging a sleeping baby around was not the best time. We'll try again as she gets bigger.

That's about it! I'm working on Monday and Tuesday's plans, but the rest of the week is sort of a ?? as The Frozen Dessert Party is still not available. I'll tell y'all what, I'm gonna be legit upset if it's not continued...

TTFN! Happy Saturday!

Your cards are so cute! We are also hoping the Frozen Ever After dessert party opens up! My DF and I are going to over lap you for a couple days! We arrive the 7th (super late) and are leaving the 10th. Very quick "Minnie-Moon" the weekend after our wedding! Your cards with your plans are so cute! I think they are perfect to lay out the days plans!

What a crazy summer! We've had an interesting time these past few months, some great, some awful, but it's all kept us quite busy.
We've changed doctors for Elora, found her a school for the fall, she started swimming and gymnastics, we are volunteering at our library once a week, I've managed to nab a few new clients for my travel agent work (not just Disney oddly enough), my poo husband has had two dear friends die suddenly and tragically which has sent his anxiety through the roof, our car died mechanic and neighbor said it wasn't worth fixing so we bought a new Jeep, not psyched on monthly payments, but it's nice to have a brand new car! Elora and I were in Florida for two weeks visiting family, and while I was there I was able to do our FP+ selections.
OMG! I am tired just reading that paragraph! I am sorry to hear about DH's friends. Having a friend pass away is rough, it really hits home in a whole other way.

My sister will also get there Saturday, and she and my mom plan to go to Publix to grab groceries. We ran the numbers, and since we have access to a car, it's much less costly to just go get them than have them delivered.
Makes sense! My orders have gotten smaller and smaller over the last couple years now that the girls are older.

That's all from me for now. I'm working on some daily sheets, taken the idea from @StarWarsMomofGirls! But since I'm not sure about our Epcot and thus our MK plans yet, it's a process.
YEAH!!!!! I find that making them kind of help me and DH really process the flow of the days when we start to make them!

The weather stinks, Elora is "resting" which is as close to a nap as I get on most days. Goodness me I hope she naps in WDW, we'll have some rough nights if not, lol!
The last couple trips, the girls haven't actually napped. I have had to accept lying down in bed and watching some shows as an acceptable "rest". I know E is younger than the girls but any rest is better than none at all!

upload_2018-7-21_14-29-53-png.338474

I need to add the confirmation number to Pirate's League, but that's about it! Not too bad for my first set.
They look great!!!!!!

THe plan for this day is to hit PP and 7DMT in the early AM, head to Pirates League, grab lunch at Pecos Bills and then nab a spot for the 2 PM parade in Frontierland. I hope to get to do BTMRR before we do Splash; DD is 41" tall and wants to ride everything she's tall enough to get on!
You could rope drop PP and get a Big Thunder FP... I actually really like rope dropping PP, you get to at least see the que. But even if you don't, your plans sound great!

I can't wait to hear how you like Pirate's League. I thought about doing it for the girls. I think they would like the Mermaid option.

I love the Daily Cards!

Thank you!

Your cards are so cute! We are also hoping the Frozen Ever After dessert party opens up! My DF and I are going to over lap you for a couple days! We arrive the 7th (super late) and are leaving the 10th. Very quick "Minnie-Moon" the weekend after our wedding! Your cards with your plans are so cute! I think they are perfect to lay out the days plans!

HOW FUN! I love a Minnie-Moon! I hope you guys have a magical time. Wear your buttons!! They better open that darn party or I'm just gonna lose it; I'm checking every day. I talked to a super cute CM who was like "we want you to set diing at 180 days, but then not all the dining is open!" I felt so understood, lol!

OMG! I am tired just reading that paragraph! I am sorry to hear about DH's friends. Having a friend pass away is rough, it really hits home in a whole other way.

It really does. It was just such a shock, so sudden, that's harder in a way, I feel.

Makes sense! My orders have gotten smaller and smaller over the last couple years now that the girls are older.

I hope that happens for us, but most if the order is booze and stuff for DH, lol! DD does have a few staples that I know she will eat, but we are so fortunate that she's not picky and she will taste anything that looks good to her.

YEAH!!!!! I find that making them kind of help me and DH really process the flow of the days when we start to make them!

It does! It's been such a fun project, but it's also helped me to really visualize this trip.

The last couple trips, the girls haven't actually napped. I have had to accept lying down in bed and watching some shows as an acceptable "rest". I know E is younger than the girls but any rest is better than none at all!

Elora is the worst sleeper, ever. But I may have to accept a "rest"as y'all do. Hopefully I can tire her out enough she'll at least sleep at night.

They look great!!!!!!

Thanks!

You could rope drop PP and get a Big Thunder FP... I actually really like rope dropping PP, you get to at least see the que. But even if you don't, your plans sound great!

That's not a bad idea. I do like the queue at PP. I'd be worried the line for 7DMT would be worse in the AM than BTMRR would be around parade time. Hmmmmm

I can't wait to hear how you like Pirate's League. I thought about doing it for the girls. I think they would like the Mermaid option.

I think I'm more excited than she is! I found the cutest shirt for her to wear and she picked a skirt to go with it. Then my dad bought her this DIY Ariel tail kit from some boutique in Palm Beach, it's gonna be adorable! I kinda wanna do it too...

I agree about those cards ! Super fun.

Thanks!

THe plan for this day is to hit PP and 7DMT in the early AM,
Hmmm. I would def get 7DMT fast passes if you can, or are they already gone? I can't wait for Tron to be done, so that the craziness for 7DMT dies down a bit.

If I remember correctly, we were able to get BTMM fast passes as a 4th fast pass a couple times, as an option as well.

I think I'm more excited than she is! I found the cutest shirt for her to wear and she picked a skirt to go with it. Then my dad bought her this DIY Ariel tail kit from some boutique in Palm Beach, it's gonna be adorable! I kinda wanna do it too...
CUTE!!! I could get the girls those scale patterned leggings for the girls or something... Hmmmm Something to think about..

If you feel up to it, you should try out the Pirate Adventure when she is all dressed up!

Hmmm. I would def get 7DMT fast passes if you can, or are they already gone? I can't wait for Tron to be done, so that the craziness for 7DMT dies down a bit.

Sadly distribution is done, seems like it has been since our FP day came and went. BUT, sis has a few CM friends and we may be given a few special FP tickets, we shall see. Agreed, although I'm dying to ride TRON. I watched a video from Shanghai and man alive does this look like an incredible ride!

If I remember correctly, we were able to get BTMM fast passes as a 4th fast pass a couple times, as an option as well.

The hope is to ride it after the parade passes, but before the Splash FP. I'm not super worried about the wait, other than having to carry DD through the queue. AT this point she'll be tired, for sure.

CUTE!!! I could get the girls those scale patterned leggings for the girls or something... Hmmmm Something to think about..

YES! This was our plan, but E was set on having an actual tail. Explaining to a 3 year old that that's not really possible was not easy. My dad really came through with this apron type thing he found.

If you feel up to it, you should try out the Pirate Adventure when she is all dressed up!

Is that the show or the mystery trail? We have plans for the show, E's attention span is that of a gnat, and I worried the little trail would take too long for her.

Monday, Tuesday and Beyond!

So with Saturday and Sunday in the books, Monday is an early morning for us. AK has EMH and I wanna be there for them! I don't have any FP for AK this morning... Am I nuts? Here's the card for Monday:

upload_2018-7-26_9-1-53.png

I plan to stay in Dinoland, Discovery Island and the front part of Asia. We may do the Nemo show instead of play in the Boneyard this day, cause Elora has suddenly had a new found love for Dori (may have to do with the movie night we just had)

I am planning for a longish break back at the resort on Monday, then we'll hit MK for evening time stuffs. And this is where I have the FP selections. I figured this way if my mom, sis, or anyone else who happens to be with us, would like to they can watch the fireworks while we hit some rides! Hopefully that 7DMT FP will allow us to see some of the show from Fantasyland, we shall see.

Tuesday is another early morning, which DH is not happy about (and I may have to dress DD in her outfit the night before, lol)

upload_2018-7-26_9-4-36.png

Yay for HS! E has never been here, and this is a no break day. I plan to hit a bunch of shows, back to back, in the afternoon, so hopefully the chill touring plans will stop any meltdowns, I hope. I couldn't get any SDD for this morning when we did FP+ the only times available were after 5 PM and it just didn't fit. Plan as of now is to Rope Drop SDD, then TSMM then this FP for ASSaucers (guess they weren't considering the abbreviation when they named that one...)

We want to lunch at Woody's as well. TP has this ridiculous idea that the wait will be 30 minutes, which sounds too short to me, so I have set 6 hours in TSL, if it's too much time, we'll do other stuff.

Elora says she's gonna ride Tower of Terror, and she's tall enough, plus an inch (yes my 3 year old is 42" tall) I'm hesitant to take her on this one, but DH seems to think she'll do fine. She likes thrills, but idk, my sister won't ride it so she's gonna come through the queue with us and bail at the rode so if DD changes her mind she can go with Kat.

Dh and my mom may ride RnR while we watch Beauty and the Beast, but they'll do standby cause the decision is not finalized yet.

This will be a long day for us, so we may Minnie Van back to WL after Fantasmic! so we get back quickly.

That's all for today! TTFN!

Is that the show or the mystery trail? We have plans for the show, E's attention span is that of a gnat, and I worried the little trail would take too long for her.
So, I am honestly not sure what the official name is, but it is the one that is kind of scavenger hunt like. We just walked in and they got us started. Not need to plan ahead or anything. The one map we did only lasted maybe 15-20 minutes...

I don't have any FP for AK this morning... Am I nuts? Here's the card for Monday:
I don't think you are nuts. It is a weird feeling to not have fastnesses for the park you are starting out in. But it makes sense. You won't been FP for any of the things you are looking to do.

We may do the Nemo show instead of play in the Boneyard this day, cause Elora has suddenly had a new found love for Dori (may have to do with the movie night we just had)
If she is still into Dory, you should do the show! It is a great show. And a nice rest from the heat. And any seat is good, so you don't have to worry about getting there super early.

I couldn't get any SDD for this morning when we did FP+ the only times available were after 5 PM and it just didn't fit. Plan as of now is to Rope Drop SDD, then TSMM then this FP for ASSaucers (guess they weren't considering the abbreviation when they named that one...)
I think that is a good plan. And no Disney def DID NOT think about the abbreviation when making the ride. And you know they had to use it sometimes during planning and meetings.

We want to lunch at Woody's as well. TP has this ridiculous idea that the wait will be 30 minutes, which sounds too short to me, so I have set 6 hours in TSL, if it's too much time, we'll do other stuff.
So, it does sound like the waits are going down a bit. They aren't staying SUPER high like FOP or 7DMT. Well, maybe depends on the day. But They seem like they are not uber crazy.

(yes my 3 year old is 42" tall)
I can't even imagine! Gwen was just tall enough at 48" for RnR this past Feb! We are a bunch of shorties.

I'm hesitant to take her on this one, but DH seems to think she'll do fine. She likes thrills, but idk, my sister won't ride it so she's gonna come through the queue with us and bail at the rode so if DD changes her mind she can go with Kat.
What are you worried about? the ride itself or the theming?

So, I am honestly not sure what the official name is, but it is the one that is kind of scavenger hunt like. We just walked in and they got us started. Not need to plan ahead or anything. The one map we did only lasted maybe 15-20 minutes...

That's not too bad! For some reason I figured it'd be a bit longer. I know the big kids in the group would like to do the trail, and it'd be more fun than just watching a show, I think.

I don't think you are nuts. It is a weird feeling to not have fastnesses for the park you are starting out in. But it makes sense. You won't been FP for any of the things you are looking to do.

It does feel odd to go into a park and not have FP+ for it, but it seems to make better sense to use the passes in MK that night. And I agree, with AK especially the FP aren't always as necessary, unless it's Pandora.

If she is still into Dory, you should do the show! It is a great show. And a nice rest from the heat. And any seat is good, so you don't have to worry about getting there super early.

We got to see it last year. sorta ran in as we were finding out the storm was coming right for us. I like the idea of playing it by ear, it's a new/old thing for me at Walt Disney World. lol!

I think that is a good plan. And no Disney def DID NOT think about the abbreviation when making the ride. And you know they had to use it sometimes during planning and meetings.

Right?! Somewhere someone used the abbreviation on some form or document, they knew it was coming. :confused3

So, it does sound like the waits are going down a bit. They aren't staying SUPER high like FOP or 7DMT. Well, maybe depends on the day. But They seem like they are not uber crazy.

I started watching the times in the morning while I'm replying to work emails, and it's surprising how short the lines are. I mean right now even it's only 90 minutes for SDD, long sure, but FoP is at 195! It's 10:30 AM!!

I can't even imagine! Gwen was just tall enough at 48" for RnR this past Feb! We are a bunch of shorties.

It's a curse, I swear. Her height, combined with her speech makes everyone think she's 5-6! Some awful woman scolded her for having a fit in the store the other day, saying she's too old to act like that. When I snapped back "she's 3" all she could say was "oh!" I'm only 5'4 and DH is 5'10, her height has to come from my grandfather's side; he was 6'4. Genetics are weird.

What are you worried about? the ride itself or the theming?

The drops make me nervous. She wasn't sure about the ride when I showed her the drops from inside and outside and tried my best to explain the feeling. But once she saw the costumes and the lobby she said it's like HM, which she loves. She's very brave, and I love that, but she's only 3! DH says I'm trying to keep her a baby, but I guess I feel like we're gonna be back, she can ride again at another time. IDK; I'm a worry wart!:faint:

And so it Begins...

I started packing! LOL!
Mostly just toiletries (the few I'm bringin since we plan to go to PUblix in Florida) and DD's stuff. She and I went to target the other day and I got to experience what life with her as a teenager will be like...

She found this skirt on the cleanrance rack, not on sale of course. Size 6 and too big for her, not by much, but still. I told her for $17 she should find something that fits. Well, she put the skirt on and wore it while we shopped. I made her stay in the cart so she wouldn't walk all over the thing as it dragged on the ground. She find this Elsa shirt and yells "it matches my princess skirt, we have to get it!"

55423705780--F3D710EB-B4D0-4A51-B31D-CBC04A4B6FE7

She is right, they do go, but I still wasn't sure about the skirt. We keep shopping and put together this cute outfit:

55423703065--8321E6E7-D37B-44F7-9E48-A2C6BA6D5412

Why don't they make these my size?

So we go to check out and I ask if the skirt comes in a different size. It doesn't cause it's being discontinued. I chat to Elora about how costly the skirt is and it's too big and it'll get ruined in the parks and I don't think we should buy. She puts her hand on my shoulder and says to "Mommy, I have $30, I'll just buy it!" So we bought it. What can I say, her logic was sound! My neighbor knows a great seamstress in town so she said she'd alter the dress for $5, done and done!

I went into the attic to grab the second big suitcase and when I took it down the stairs I could feel something inside it...

IMG_3092

I totally forgot about these cute shoes!! And they're Elora's exact size now!!! Look at this detail!!

IMG_3093

Too cute.

I also wanted to share the mermaid tail E made. This was such a cool kit, and Disney official too!

IMG_3080 by Mary Freeman, on Flickr
We made a matching hair pin too
IMG_3082 by Mary Freeman, on Flickr

When we visited Florida I took down all the Tinker Belle gifts, and a few b-day things we'd bought along the way:

IMG_2305 by Mary Freeman, on Flickr

I need to get our pins and things all set to be packed as well, and as we get closer I'll put together E's busy bag for the trip down.

IMG_2307 by Mary Freeman, on Flickr
IMG_2306 by Mary Freeman, on Flickr

We decided to roder a cake from Publix and I'm gonna get a topper and decorations from Party City. My mom may actually go on this shopping trip for me since DH has been working 7 days a week. The company is expanding, again,
which is great, but I miss my hubby! We have a date this weekend and a Disney chat scheduled for Sunday while E is in her swim class. So busy and still July is moving at a snails pace and I am SOOOO ready to just go right now! It'll be here soon!

TTFN!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter