So you bought DVC what are you gonna do next?? A September birthday PTR *Updated 8/24

Hi Mary!
Following along on your PTR...also realized our trips overlap a little! We arrive on Labor Day and leave on Sept 9th. If you're free sometime on 9/8 or 9/9 I'd love to say hi!
I think our plans for that weekend revolve around DHS or Epcot but our afternoon on 9/8 is free before our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. :)

Hi Mary!
Following along on your PTR...also realized our trips overlap a little! We arrive on Labor Day and leave on Sept 9th. If you're free sometime on 9/8 or 9/9 I'd love to say hi!
I think our plans for that weekend revolve around DHS or Epcot but our afternoon on 9/8 is free before our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. :)

Hi! Thanks for following! We are driving up from my friend’s house in Tampa on 9/8 our only plan is dinner at HDDR at 6. When do y’all head to dinner?

Hey! I love all of the clothing E picked out. She has good taste!

The drops make me nervous. She wasn't sure about the ride when I showed her the drops from inside and outside and tried my best to explain the feeling. But once she saw the costumes and the lobby she said it's like HM, which she loves. She's very brave, and I love that, but she's only 3! DH says I'm trying to keep her a baby, but I guess I feel like we're gonna be back, she can ride again at another time. IDK; I'm a worry wart!:faint:
Hmmm... Gwen loved Guardians version in DL, and I do have to say I was surprised at how it was more of a bouncing feeling than a true free fall drop.

Hi! Thanks for following! We are driving up from my friend’s house in Tampa on 9/8 our only plan is dinner at HDDR at 6. When do y’all head to dinner?

Our dinner is at 4:10pm at 1900 park fare and then I didn't plan anything else after but we'll probably head into MK to watch the fireworks. When are you all scheduled to arrive at Disney? I can come meet you before our dinner if you will be there. :)

Hey! I love all of the clothing E picked out. She has good taste!

Right?! Kids gonna be a good dresser!

Hmmm... Gwen loved Guardians version in DL, and I do have to say I was surprised at how it was more of a bouncing feeling than a true free fall drop.

Good to know! DH says I’m being a worry wart, as usual, lol! I’m sure it’ll be ok, and if not I’m sure an ice cream treat will help her forget about it!

Our dinner is at 4:10pm at 1900 park fare and then I didn't plan anything else after but we'll probably head into MK to watch the fireworks. When are you all scheduled to arrive at Disney? I can come meet you before our dinner if you will be there. :)

This is the million dollar question, lol! I wanna get in early, like 10 AM, but we may end up doing b-fast in Tampa, which will likely put us in O-town about 2 PM. I’ll keep you posted as plans develop further.

In other news, I need some help. This dessert party is not looking good, it’s August 2nd and still no September dates. Add on that DD is now asking about seeing the headless horseman again, and I’m thinking of reworking our days... may add MNSSHP onto Sunday, do the AM in MK, rest up, back in the park for our 6 PM dinner, then do the party stuff. Not sure yet, and not sure if I’ll do that AND a dessert party at MK (or Epcot if it opens up) or just one or the other. Thoughts? My worry for the Sunday night party is we’d likely miss EMH at AK on Monday. Idk! I need to add like 5 days to this trip, lol!

Good Morning! I'm back.. I had a though. I wouldn't book the MNSSHP just so E can see the headless Horseman. He isn't garenteed. Our party night he didn't ride. Boo. But It would be so disappointing if that was the main driving factor of doing the party. If there are other reasons to go to, then go for it.

The Dessert party for HEA should be nice. I def want to do it on our next trip. No one in our family likes the sardine waiting game.

Good Morning! I'm back.. I had a though. I wouldn't book the MNSSHP just so E can see the headless Horseman. He isn't garenteed. Our party night he didn't ride. Boo. But It would be so disappointing if that was the main driving factor of doing the party. If there are other reasons to go to, then go for it.

The Dessert party for HEA should be nice. I def want to do it on our next trip. No one in our family likes the sardine waiting game.

That was my thinking, we can go to see the horse at the stables in Fort Wilderness, but then DH caught wind of the situation and we now have tickets to the party on the 9th... that little girl owns my husband and my mother and I’m on a parenting ship alone.

We changed up some plans, and it’ll work fine, better even possibly. And still no word on the FEA party, so we may just book the HEA Garden viewing for that Thursday. We shall see, lol!

That was my thinking, we can go to see the horse at the stables in Fort Wilderness, but then DH caught wind of the situation and we now have tickets to the party on the 9th... that little girl owns my husband and my mother and I’m on a parenting ship alone.
You guys will have a great time! I am sure.

We are debating the Halloween party for the 9th. I have the day kept open incase we decide to go, and by we I mean I, because soon to be DH will go along with me most of the time lol. We are doing Hoop De Doo at 4 on Monday as our final fun before heading out on the tragical express :(

You guys will have a great time! I am sure.

For sure! It is Disney World, I just don’t wanna over plan. I’m really trying to take from your and Renee’s trips and keep things chill.

We are debating the Halloween party for the 9th. I have the day kept open incase we decide to go, and by we I mean I, because soon to be DH will go along with me most of the time lol. We are doing Hoop De Doo at 4 on Monday as our final fun before heading out on the tragical express :(

Oo! Let me know if you! We’re doing a Little Mermaid Disney Bound for the party. Departing from WDW is the worst. We are opting for a taxi to the airport this year, since American will let us check our bags at the resort. Something about that wonderful bus driving away from the parks is just so, tragical!

31 Days!
Y’all tomorrow is our 30 day mark!
upload_2018-8-8_18-25-37.gif

I am beyond excited for this vacation!
In not so exciting news, my in laws emailed me YESTERDAY to say they want to have a dinner at the house they’re renting 40 minutes from WL on Saturday night, you know, the night we arrive.

upload_2018-8-8_18-31-6.gif

Thankfully DH shut that down quick. We want to see them, of course, but for them to suddenly be trying to make plans is ludacris.

In happier news, our plans are set, finally, I hope, lol!

I’ll post the new daily plans this week, but namely we added MNSSHP to Sunday night and we finally scored seats at the FEA Dessert party in Epcot!

In life, I’m dealing with school enrollment BS and seriously considering just keeping E home another year. We got into a school in another district, but then a kid in that district applied late and we got bumped. So now less than a month from the start of school I’m trying to get into something affordable and not a daycare, lol! Wish me luck!

That’s all for now, I’m on the tablet cause DH is working from home so the desktop is not available, boo! But I’ll post the new sheets ASAP.

TTFN! Hope y’all are doing well!

We are following along as well, and wanted to pop in to share our excitement. We are at 27 days now from our Copper Creek trip, and just can’t wait! Your plans look great. We’ll see you around the lodge.

We are following along as well, and wanted to pop in to share our excitement. We are at 27 days now from our Copper Creek trip, and just can’t wait! Your plans look great. We’ll see you around the lodge.

How exciting! I'd be glad to meet you guys at the Lodge. Hope your planning is going well.:goodvibes

YEAH!!!! You are getting so close!

Glad you were able to get FEA Dessert Party Tickets!

Me too! I don't like that waiting game, not when everything else is settled. :faint:

One BIG Update!

Well folks we are 15 days away from Disney
and 11 Days from Florida!
giphy.gif

Things with E starting pre-K have gone poorly. We had a school lined up, but since E is a waiver kid (born after the cut off date) we got bumped into a wait list, then bumped further cause the school is out of our district. I knew we had 1-2 schools in our neighborhood that were decent, so I figured if I worked with E as well she'd stay ahead as she is; we're starting to read and write!

BUT those schools have income requirements, and we don't meet them for one, the other is full.

giphy.gif

Fine. We're on the wait-list for both, but since she's a waiver kid, we won't even know if she can go to school until mid-September. That's the point I said forget this and decided we are home schooling, at least this year. I have the house all set up, and we've already implemented a lot of "school" stuff; schedules, charts, Montessori stations, etc. It's just made things more complicated, especially since I had a job lined up. Oh well, maybe next year!

Enough boring life stuff, we're here for the Disney stuff!

tenor.gif

I'm gonna make this a long, big update with all our new plans. Some haven't been booked yet, lol!

So as of now we fly to Florida on Tuesday 9/4, spend the night at my mom's place, then start north. We will visit everyone; great-grandparents, college friends, my dad and sisters. We'll spend Friday in Tampa and drive to MCO on Saturday morning. DH gets into MCO about 11:40 AM so I'm hoping to get on the same Magical Express he's on. It will depend on how fast we can return the rental car. But the hope is to be at WL by 1:30 PM. Pool time, then Hoop Dee Do Review at 6:15 PM!
upload_2018-8-24_12-32-30.png

Then Sunday is our first park day!! This is the schedule now:
upload_2018-8-24_12-33-1.png

BUT DD might get her hair cut at Harmony Barber shop (if I can get us in). We let her make some decisions about her body, so she's never had a hair cut, which is making me insane. Elora says she wants to get it cut in Disney World, so I thought Harmony, but maybe I'll do it a different day, maybe I'll cut it before we go, just not sure yet. We have MNSSHP this night, so we are really trying to lay low and take the day slow. Plans for the evening:
upload_2018-8-24_12-37-14.png

E is SOOOO excited for this event. She called my mother to thank her for giving us "Halloween" The "plan" is castle show, parade, fireworks, bed. We will do some trick-or-treating as well, and buy some must try snacks. Looking at this I may re-arrange this or that... I can't stop making changes!!

giphy.gif

The next day is our AK day. AK has EMH this morning, and it's possible we will go, but maybe not. I'm not gonna assume we will.

upload_2018-8-24_12-45-42.png

I figure we'll be there from about 10 AM till around 6ish. We will do cake for E at the resort this night, and MAYBE go to MK for HEA, depends on how we are feeling.
Tuesday is a LONG day at HS. I plan to keep us there from open to close. As of now DD will go to sleep in her outfit on Monday night and I will bring her tooth brush to the park, lol! DH asked if I could get him a stroller for this day as well. It's so hard being a morning person in a house full of night owls.

giphy.gif

upload_2018-8-24_12-49-56.png

DH has said he may go back to the resort to work this afternoon, then join us for dinner. Hopefully DD will rest in her wagon, but if not, I scheduled shows almost all afternoon.
Wednesday is a chill morning, we have brunch at 'Ohana, then we'll head to Epcot about 3ish.

upload_2018-8-24_12-52-57.png
I decided to just buy DD one of the passports. With having to plan a curriculum for her I'm out of time to put much else together. This day my in-laws are joining us. Why they chose to use their one park pass on a day we're in the park half a day and have a Dessert Party is beyond me. But that's their choice.
giphy.gif

THursday we are calling the Flex Day. We can head back to AK, HS, MK, whatever we wanna do. I have FP+ for MK just cause that's generally E's favorite park. Then we have plans to do CP for dinner and watch HEA.

upload_2018-8-24_12-59-53.png

Easy peezy. Friday is our last park day. We will hit MK and do all of E's favorite attractions. We may see the parade today, but I'm not sure; originally the plan was to see it on Sunday, but since we're doing MNSSHP I'm not sure it'll happen. We will see it, at some point. After MK, we'll rest a bit, pack up some stuff and we have an evening in AK:

upload_2018-8-24_13-4-23.png

We may be out quite late this night, and that's fine by me. Our flight home on Saturday is at noon and we have decided not to use Tragical Express. We will check our bags at WL since we're flying American and we'll take a Lyft to the airport about 10/10:30 AM. And that's that! A year plus of planning, lol!

I've got everything we'll be taking down, minus groceries and a fan. Kat, my sister, is grabbing groceries and E's cake before she comes to resort. I get free checked bags with American so the plan is to bring all our stuff down when E and I fly. Since DH is flying down on Spirit he'll just bring a back pack. I plan to pack a fold up duffel bag in our bigger bags, cause I guarantee we will have a ton of stuff to bring home with us; I had to buy a bag last year. I think all from me. I'll pop back in to say hi, and link my Instagram in case you all wanna follow along on the trip.

Be well friends, ttfn!

giphy.gif

Things with E starting pre-K have gone poorly. We had a school lined up, but since E is a waiver kid (born after the cut off date) we got bumped into a wait list, then bumped further cause the school is out of our district. I knew we had 1-2 schools in our neighborhood that were decent, so I figured if I worked with E as well she'd stay ahead as she is; we're starting to read and write!

BUT those schools have income requirements, and we don't meet them for one, the other is full.
Is she garenteed school when she gets older?

I love Elora Day!!!!

All your plans sound great! Have a great time. You are so close to your trip.

Is she garenteed school when she gets older?

Sort of. Next fall she can start pre-k 4, but I’m not keen on her being the oldest kid in her class. As it is she’s started basic math, writing and we are working on reading. Once she’s in primary school she can test out and be actually placed in what is now her waiver year. It’s so odd to me, especially since her birthday is a day after the cut off day. The best school in our neighborhood is a charter school so I’ve already requested the application and have started the checklists for her to get in. Being where we are there aren’t a ton of good schools, and since we have choices nothing is a guarantee unless you pay for it. It’s really stressful.

I love Elora Day!!!!

Me too! I think she’ll be excited to do all her favorite stuff and then be able to see Pandora at night. I found this Pandora Passport at the Character outlet that I think she’ll enjoy. I’d post a photo but it’s with my mom in FL.

All your plans sound great! Have a great time. You are so close to your trip.

Thanks! I feel extra excited this year for some reason.

Sounds like you have everything under control with her education, even if it is annoying that she didn't make the cut this year. The whole charter school thing can be stressful! People can say what they want about New Jersey, but even the bad" schools are good to attend. But Philadelphia... it is similar to what you are describing.

I am sure we will see the Pandora Passport in the trip report! Something to look forward to!

I do think, being farther away does make it a tiny bit more exciting, flying, all the planning...

Thanks! I feel extra excited this year for some reason.
It is probably because you are staying in a 2 br villa at Copper Creek, which looks gorgeous, by the way. You DH will probably enjoying the villa when he has to work, too.

We will be at WL from Sept 12 to 16th, so we will overlap by a few days. I'll say hi if I see you around. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter