• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

soap opera weekend

hannymom

Mouseketeer
i tried to get into the yacht and beach club for the weekend of november 9th and 10th. it was booked which surprised me because of the dates until i found out that was soap opera weekend. has anyone been there during that time before and is it really crowded? i'm used to going in the fall and love the no-crowd atmosphere!
thanks

Avoid MGM is you can. That is were all of the activities take place. We zipped over there last year to pick up some autographs for my sister and it was a mad house. Lines everywhere and screaming fans, wall to wall!

I was there last year, but I wasn't screaming.:rolleyes: Maybe some of the Soap Stars are staying at the Y&B! Thanks for the idea!;)

I called last week to add more people to our growing list of neighbors who will be going on our trip. CR, Poly., and GF were also sold out that weekend. WL only had concierge left. :eek: We are making one day a resort day, and one day at AKL. We will wait til after Veterans day to try MGM or MK.

We blundered into that weekend as the start of our stay and from what I've been told here on these boards, MGM will be crowded with soap fans but the rides will likely be a walk-on. We're sticking to our plan of hitting MGM early on Sat. and we'll play it by ear from there. Remember, the Epcot Wine and Food Festival will be in it's last week, ending 11/17, so that probably adds to the traffic in the Epcot resorts.

Bill From PA

This is our 7th year going up for SSW. We love it! If you are not a soap fan, you can literally walk on most of the rides both Saturday and Sunday. But, yes the crowds are massive and be prepared. We made our reservations at YC back in February in anticipation for that weekend. Y&B has been sold out for months now due to that and the Wine & Food Festival. As a matter of fact, we started out with a AAA rate standard room @ $272.67/night, including tax and ended up with Concierge Lagoon with an AP for $320/night, tax included. Soap stars usually stay at Y&B so we are super exited this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter