Soarin’ around the the world - screen

Screen does not matter...what you want to request is "B"seating section. A and C are the left and right seating sections where the curvature is more prominent. B is the center section with more of a straight on view.

Yep, the closer you are to the middle of the screen, the less curvature you'll have. Either theater is fine, you just need to request section b.

I sure would like to see them bring back California version from time to time.

Agreed! For a while I had completely given up on that ride, because it so desperately needed a refurb, so I just pretended it was in refurb and refused to ride. But once they upgraded the screens and projectors, it was like a brand new ride.

The mechanical stuff still works great, but the new movie itself is fatally flawed. Yet knowing Disney we are stuck with it for at least the next 15 years because they'll refuse to pay to make a new one or fix the existing one. So the least they could do is bring back the old movie for special occasions. But I suspect they won't, because when they do it will become clear that people love the old one and dislike the new one.

Think about how many clueless people there are walking around the park. Then imagine trying to explain to them there are TWO versions of an attraction. What a nightmare. :rolleyes1

Star Tours has several different versions and the general public seems fine with that :yay:

Granted they don't have to worry about anyone requesting a specific screen with that scenario. I'd for sure be requesting the California screen every time if it were an option. I hate World.

Star Tours has several different versions and the general public seems fine with that :yay:

Granted they don't have to worry about anyone requesting a specific screen with that scenario. I'd for sure be requesting the California screen every time if it were an option. I hate World.

Random sequences is totally different in my mind.

Random sequences is totally different in my mind.

Eh, to each their own. Still different versions of the same ride to me. There's also GotG that has six different songs you can hear. And, currently, two different scenarios on the ride (not random) depending if it is ridden prior to 5pm or after 5pm.

Different ride experiences isn't without precedent at DLR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!