SOCAL/CHILD PROMO TICKET DEAL 2020

1. No, you must show So Cal ID at the gate. Reports as recently as yesterday confirm that.
2. No, I ticket per person.

Thanks @Cal-Pie. I just want to be clear we're not trying to circumvent the system. We were just wondering if there was a way we could "officially" use the residence discount.

My understanding is that they used to allow residents to purchase for friends and family, but in recent years they've become much more strict about it.

We were in the parks this weekend, and they were definitely checking every person's DL or ID at the turnstiles on first use, then taking their photo. So they seem to be very strict on making sure you are in the right zip code to use the tickets, and then taking your photos so the tickets can't be shared. This definitely slowed down the (already slow!) entry process for the parks.

We will be visiting family in CA in February. 3 of us, my wife, myself, and our 19 year old daughter. Our relative agreed to purchase resident discount tickets for us.

Questions:
  1. Are we even allowed to use resident tickets? Do we need ID at the gate?
  2. If yes, we are only planning on spending 2 days at the parks. If they purchased 2 of the 3 day discount passes, would we be able to use them for the 3 of us for 2 days, or is each pass "per person"? I hope that makes sense?
Thanks!

no, yes, no (in that order)

Yep! And people posting their experiences so I am too, feel free to lock the thread if you don’t want more discussion ;)
Since this Ticket Offer is still ongoing, there is no point in locking this thread if people can post helpful, updated information to keep others aware of any changes in how Disney is handling this promotion. My point to you was that the person you quoted had already finished his trip and no longer needed answers to his questions. Did you experience anything with this ticket offer that you think would help others reading this thread? Something you haven't already seen posted? If so, please add it to the thread!

Since this Ticket Offer is still ongoing, there is no point in locking this thread if people can post helpful, updated information to keep others aware of any changes in how Disney is handling this promotion. My point to you was that the person you quoted had already finished his trip and no longer needed answers to his questions.

Yep you are correct! If you stick around moderating long enough, you’ll see people read the first post and then jump for the latest info! They are looking for the answers in the OP. Did you see how many people want a SoCal family member to them their family tickets???

I have what I think is a new question! Has anyone used the child tickets for MM entry yet? I know they are supposed to include it (I even screenshot the receipt that said that) but I’d like to hear actual experiences, just because of the appearance of the tickets in my account.

I bought the 3-day hoppers for my kids, and then bought Canadian resident tickets for my mom and I. In the app the adult tickets clearly say “3day park hopper with magic morning early access” whereas the kids tickets just say “3 day park hopper”.

I’m hoping this is just a quirk with how they’re displaying in the app, but would be greatly reassured to hear from others as you use your tickets!

I have what I think is a new question! Has anyone used the child tickets for MM entry yet? I know they are supposed to include it (I even screenshot the receipt that said that) but I’d like to hear actual experiences, just because of the appearance of the tickets in my account.

I bought the 3-day hoppers for my kids, and then bought Canadian resident tickets for my mom and I. In the app the adult tickets clearly say “3day park hopper with magic morning early access” whereas the kids tickets just say “3 day park hopper”.

I’m hoping this is just a quirk with how they’re displaying in the app, but would be greatly reassured to hear from others as you use your tickets!
I hope someone posts with actual, recent experience, but (on the bright side!) I haven't read a single report yet of anyone having trouble with this issue. If the adults in the party have MM, I don't think Disney will stop the children. But let's see if someone posts with their recent experience.

I hope someone posts with actual, recent experience, but (on the bright side!) I haven't read a single report yet of anyone having trouble with this issue. If the adults in the party have MM, I don't think Disney will stop the children. But let's see if someone posts with their recent experience.
Thanks! I figure worst Case scenario, I have the screenshots and can probably persuade someone to let us all in, but of course that might eat up a significant chunk of the morning. Hopefully we will all sail right in!

I'm taking my nephews soon and I'm not from SoCal, but they are. Their mom is buying the 3-day SoCal tickets for them, and I'm buying my own regular tickets. My nephews are over the age of 9 - they don't qualify for the kids ticket price. Obviously being under the age of 16 they do not have DL or other photo ID proving that they live in Southern California, so I'm wondering if there is going to be any issue with me taking them to the parks. Do they have to be with a SoCal adult to enter under these tickets?

I'm taking my nephews soon and I'm not from SoCal, but they are. Their mom is buying the 3-day SoCal tickets for them, and I'm buying my own regular tickets. My nephews are over the age of 9 - they don't qualify for the kids ticket price. Obviously being under the age of 16 they do not have DL or other photo ID proving that they live in Southern California, so I'm wondering if there is going to be any issue with me taking them to the parks. Do they have to be with a SoCal adult to enter under these tickets?

Not sure if it would be worth it to get California IDs (which have an address on them). I got one for my kid at 4. And it was difficult because they didn't have anything for my kid to stand on for the photo.

I suspect that worst case they'll just be asked where they live and that would be the end of it. Trying to prove where a minor lives is a bit difficult. Maybe something mailed to each kid that includes an address?

You might want to give Disney Guest Services a call just to ask about this. I think you'll be fine -- maybe have a copy of the original ticket receipt and your sister's cell phone number handy, just in case someone wants to speak with the person who bought the tickets. Do your nephews have school ID or anything from school (on school letterhead?) that has their address on it? That, at least, would show they are local.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts