Social story software

ErinTwinmom

Mouseketeer
64 days to go and I want to start getting things ready for the girls. I would really like to push social stories the last month before we go; I had my sister take me a bunch of situational pictures on her last trip, now I just need to put it all together. I am looking for some sort of digital picture book program or app where the end result can be easily uploaded and viewed on a kindle fire. Anyone know a good program?

I use the Watson Institute website.. I just google Behavior social story Watson Institute and it takes you to their social story page ,they offer free social stories that you can edit with your own text and photos. I use them for the kids in my class, and have used them for my own son who is on the spectrum...
The Watson Institute allows you to print from your home printer and then bind it how ever you want.. I will do the clear plastic covers with the metal

there are a number of apps ... story book.. little story creator .. social story creator(free cant print. $299.99 can print ) Unfold- story creator. Booxie- Photo book. Our Story are Us mobile.. some of the free ones you will find that you can add the photos, write the story and then you cant print it but have to send it to them to print.. added cost !

64 days to go and I want to start getting things ready for the girls. I would really like to push social stories the last month before we go; I had my sister take me a bunch of situational pictures on her last trip, now I just need to put it all together. I am looking for some sort of digital picture book program or app where the end result can be easily uploaded and viewed on a kindle fire. Anyone know a good program?
Amazon released free software called Kid's Book Creator that does an awesome job making picture books. I recommend it.

I use the "Social Stories" app from Touch Autism with some of my students. It has several pre-loaded stories. There is a paid version that lets you create and share stories. It looks like that might be @$30 at this point, though figuring out when you already have an app can be weird. ;) It looks from the company website that it might be available as a program for computer as well as an app for mobile devices. I've been pleased with it so far.

I use the "Social Stories" app from Touch Autism with some of my students. It has several pre-loaded stories. There is a paid version that lets you create and share stories. It looks like that might be @$30 at this point, though figuring out when you already have an app can be weird. ;) It looks from the company website that it might be available as a program for computer as well as an app for mobile devices. I've been pleased with it so far.
I think April is autism awareness month and I think all Autism apps are half off in April So you might want to wait if you think this or another app is good ( and I would also look it up too just what I hard from an ASD dad last year)

I think April is autism awareness month and I think all Autism apps are half off in April So you might want to wait if you think this or another app is good ( and I would also look it up too just what I hard from an ASD dad last year)

Thanks for the reminder! I'll be keeping eyes and ears open. I got a couple of good deals last year, so I hope folks do it again this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter