Soft opening for passholder

Bheart13

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any insight on what the soft opening for passholders will mean for crowds at HS (or other parks) 8/17 - 8/21?

Odds are it will mean nothing. Those going are going for GE and GE alone. While it's possible they'll hang around and go to other parks you are talking about pass holders who generally get all the park time they want so there's not much of a reason to trek to other parks in droves. Most coming in are coming on pretty short trips.

It could affect crowds, especially at HS. I know I switched my fp’s from Epcot to HS on preview day. Since it’s not just locals going, I’d imagine many who flew in would make fp’s somewhere. I’m not sure you’d notice a crowd increase at other parks though.

If it follows the same script as Disneyland's GE opening, there may be more of a crowd since a lot of the merchandise will also be available at the Launch Bay at their gift shop. Not the sabers, droids, or any of the items you customize, but pins, creatures, and clothing were available outside of GE at DL. So, for those just after merch, even non-AP guests can get in on it.

Yes I took fast passes for our preview day and booked the dessert party all in HS seeing going to be there anyway for GE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!