Soft openings???

Shellyred8

I'd rather be at Disney
Has anyone heard any rumors about soft openings before July11th?
We might do a July 4th weekend trip and it would be awesome if they did a soft opening while we were there! :)

Far too early to know. If anything it likely will be AP and or DVC and VERY limited.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if it starts AFTER July 4th. I don’t think Disney is going to want to do any soft openings during the holiday weekend.
I could see CM previews during the holiday weekend. I don’t see soft openings beyond the AP/CM previews though...

I could see CM previews during the holiday weekend. I don’t see soft openings beyond the AP/CM previews though...
I would think DVC also since the resorts will be open. But I’m guessing a day for each type of preview. So really it could be July 8, 9, 10 (CM, DVC, AP).

Don't forget Club33 and Golden Oak. They got a preview day for SWGE so guessing they'll be included (though perhaps not a full day to themselves - they could be lumped in with CMs).

We were originally scheduled to be there May 12 - May 18, which, of course, was cancelled. I immediately rebooked for VGF July 10 - July 16, guessing that the parks could be open by then.

Maxwell Smart voice: "Missed it by that much."

I'm hoping for a MK or AK soft opening opportunity on July 10. HS or Epcot soft opening prior to July 15 would also be nice. We are DVC and have APs.

Of course, I'm not expecting any of those, just hoping.

If it's anything like Universal, where they did TM for 2 days, then AP for 2 days prior to the public reopening then I would say Disney could start soft openings July 4 or 5 with CMs for 2 days, DVC/Club33 for 2 days, APs for 2 days then public reopening. Disney is much more massive as we've all come to realize in this and they will want guinea pigs to test their new protocols before opening to the masses.

If you have heard anything about the Universal soft openings they have to do them SMALL. Universal they have had alot of issues with the ride line que scheduling not working and crashing. Lot's of things to work out. Riding cleaning time seems to slow down rides too much also, disney will face the same issues and need the soft openings to be pretty small to work out solutions.

I would definitely guess a day for cast members maybe first, then maybe DVC and AP lottery has to be limited.

You should not anticipate anything resembling a soft opening. Anything before the published opening date will be a reservation only preview.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if it starts AFTER July 4th. I don’t think Disney is going to want to do any soft openings during the holiday weekend.
Agreed. Any soft openings likely in July 6-10 window.

They could just skip the 4th of July. If they’re doing soft openings, they’re not obligated to have it open every day once they start it. But if the crowds are limited, and I’d assume cast/DVC/AP that would know they wouldn’t be shooting off fireworks.

Or if there’s only, say 1,000 guests allowed in on The 4th of July they could easily space those people out with plenty of room to shoot off holiday fireworks. Not sure they’d do that as it would set false expectations for guests coming on July 11th and beyond.

They could just skip the 4th of July. If they’re doing soft openings, they’re not obligated to have it open every day once they start it. But if the crowds are limited, and I’d assume cast/DVC/AP that would know they wouldn’t be shooting off fireworks.

Or if there’s only, say 1,000 guests allowed in on The 4th of July they could easily space those people out with plenty of room to shoot off holiday fireworks. Not sure they’d do that as it would set false expectations for guests coming on July 11th and beyond.

How many days of soft openings do you think they need? I expect 5 days would be plenty. Universal had 4.

Anyone considered whether they’re going to allow those with vouchers to do the AP previews? We’re not going, but all of my family has activated AP’s while I have a voucher I haven’t been able to activate. So just curious how that would work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!