Soft openings???

How many days of soft openings do you think they need? I expect 5 days would be plenty. Universal had 4.

Sounded like they were going to do plenty of them. Idk. We’ll have to see. But I could see them doing a few a week from late June to the opening date. I would think they’d want to incentivize DVC members staying on site with no parks with a couple of soft opening days

Sounded like they were going to do plenty of them. Idk. We’ll have to see. But I could see them doing a few a week from late June to the opening date. I would think they’d want to incentivize DVC members staying on site with no parks with a couple of soft opening days

I don't see 2 weeks of soft opening just to be an incentive to DVC people. First, soft openings are not about incentives but about testing and two, DVC is locked in and they don't have to be given incentives.

I still stand by my thought we'll have one week of soft openings July 6-10th.

I didnt say “they will”, I said they might, and we’ll have to see what they actually do. But Jim MacPhee emphasized his wording when he talked of a number of soft openings. That sounds like more that 4 days to me. I also didnt say DVC had to be given incentives, but they’re there on property, CMs will be trained/training, so it would be easy to use them as testing subjects on the parks. You could easily do 3-4 days of SO’s from the week of 6/22-6/28, another 3-4 days between 6/29-7/5 and then 7/6-7/10.

Unless they want to give CMs the 4th of July off, which would be understandable, I dont see why it would otherwise be a big issue opening the parks for a soft opening on 7/4. Its not like they’d open the parks to anyone and everyone and creating mayhem. They’d be opening the parks up to a limited amount of people as with any other soft opening.

Just to get a bit technical here. Soft opening refers to the practice of opening a land/attraction, in this case it would be parks, before the scheduled opening dates, for everyone that shows up
Previews are the ones that are targeted to a specific audience. What we will see are CM and AP previews (not sure if there's wording on the DVC side on previews haven't checked)
So, no I don't think we will see soft openings at all

Possible they might do previews of DHS & EPCOT July 11-14 when MK & AK are planned to be open (to those with APRs - my new acronym for "advanced Park reservations," lol)? Could help to see how 4-park transportation works before the 15th and also maybe pull a few folks away from those first few days at MK/AK if they want to be among the very first back to DHS & EPCOT?
Just a thought....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter