Sold out activities

uchi

Mouseketeer
I'm Silver and I've been told (via the cruise's FB group) that Platinum and Gold guests booked up every Star Wars meet and greet, Palo brunch and Disney Jr character breakfast. Is this possible? Shouldn't DCL try to accommodate all guests with these experiences? Especially for strategic reasons with new cruisers. I know some things are available once one boards the ship, but seeing everything sold out at check in may be stressful for some guests.

Last edited:
If you're gold, your window would have been between Platinum and Silver.

Is is possible. But they usually hold some back for booking on board. You'll just need to go to the places listed in the Navigator to check and see if there are any left.

It is possible, but if the FB gold/platinum folks booked those activities, how would they know? DCL does not let you view other available times after you've booked your activities.

It's also possible DCL may have held back some spots and will release them on the silver or first-time-cruiser dates. Or, since gold/platinum can book activities before PIF, maybe some will cancel before PIF. You never know--just check when it is your turn to do so and see what is there.

I'm silver and had no problem booking all of the above things that you mentioned for our upcoming SWDAS cruise, Jan. 12. The only thing that was more limited was the SW Jedi training and character meets, only openings were on SW day but there were still 4-5 time slots for the Jedi thing and all of the characters. I booked everything at midnight, but then went to change some things the following day and there were still plenty of times left for each. I've never had a problem getting a ressie for the character breakfast (upcoming cruise will be our 5th). Perhaps your cruise has a really high number of plat/gold and concierge guests?

I think it depends on the sailing. If there are a lot of platinum sailing it'll be harder for others to get into things. Disney does hold back reservations for many things so if things are sold out, when you get on the ship you should be able to still book some things. There is also possibility of people cancelling and changing plans, so periodically check back to see if anything opens up. Don't give up hope.

We're Silver and had the same concerns for our trip last month. Keep checking online. Get the earliest PAT you can get. The Navigator you receive when you embark will have information regarding where to go to schedule Palo Brunch and other activities. Go there.

We were third in line to schedule Palo Brunch and were able to get one scheduled. We were also able to schedule a champagne tasting. There were plenty of other beverage seminars available at the time. It was our first time for Palo Brunch and we liked it enough to schedule a dinner for several nights later on our way out after brunch.

Good Luck

Our first cruise was a Marvel Day at Sea so there were also lots of special things to sign up for and of course we were last in line. They filled up fast initially but slots kept coming open again over the following weeks. People in our FB group were good about alerting others to new openings. And we were able to get Palo brunch after boarding.

I'm gold and find it hard to book online as well. I was lucky this time and got everything but princess. They will have characters out all day so not to worried.

We're Silver and our booking window opened up over the weekend. We were able to get just about everything we wanted at the times we liked for SWDAS, Palo Brunch, Princes and Frozen gatherings, Disney Jr breakfast and beverage tastings. I don't know what the site looked like before Silver opened up, but I did wonder if they released more times/events for the Silver booking window because there seemed to be a lot to choose from.

I am gold now, but when I was silver, I never had any trouble as long as I booked right when the booking window opened. I think a few times we were not able to get our desired times, but we were able to find / make a schedule that worked.

I’m silver.
I was disappointed at midnight to find only 1 mixology class (and sold out of course) for our 7 night cruise. Is this usually how little it’s offered?

We are silver. For our last cruise in August I had the same issues/concerns. I called DCL and they told me that because there is no charge to book and then cancel - many people over book themselves (more than one tasting class). Then 3-7 days before their cruise they cancel a bunch only keep the ones they really want.

Once on board we were able to get into almost everything that we had wanted. Don’t give up hope!

I’m silver.
I was disappointed at midnight to find only 1 mixology class (and sold out of course) for our 7 night cruise. Is this usually how little it’s offered?

They have never had all the tastings they offer listed for pre-booking.

I am silver and just booked last night (today) for SWDAS. All there was for SW activities was on actual SW Day. My issue is I talk a friend into coming with us and now she might not get anything for her son once her window opens. Here is to hoping I can get him 1 or 2 things. I do plan on getting her to get on the ship as early as possible to try to book if I don't have any luck getting him SW characters and Jedi Training.

I am silver and just booked last night (today) for SWDAS. All there was for SW activities was on actual SW Day. My issue is I talk a friend into coming with us and now she might not get anything for her son once her window opens. Here is to hoping I can get him 1 or 2 things. I do plan on getting her to get on the ship as early as possible to try to book if I don't have any luck getting him SW characters and Jedi Training.

I thought the SW activities were only on the SW day anyway.

Have they bled into other days now?? If they are spread, that is even more reason for me to avoid those cruises like the plague - one day of having to stay in my cabin to avoid that was bad enough to make me look at other options...more than one? I'd DEFINITELY look at other options.

I thought the SW activities were only on the SW day anyway.

Have they bled into other days now?? If they are spread, that is even more reason for me to avoid those cruises like the plague - one day of having to stay in my cabin to avoid that was bad enough to make me look at other options...more than one? I'd DEFINITELY look at other options.
It is just character greetings that you wouldn't see.

It is just character greetings that you wouldn't see.

From what I understand, the ship is taken over with music, the white things marching all over, the menu, the movie theater, etc.

That's fine...I'll stick with the Dream or Wonder. Or even the Magic - which I have booked for 2020. I can at least stomach Marvel though I'm not a huge fan. The Fantasy is probably my least favorite Disney ship overall - other than Skyline and one bartender.

From what I understand, the ship is taken over with music, the white things marching all over, the menu, the movie theater, etc.

There are ticketed character meetings on some of the other days as well. But nothing else SWDAS on those other days. The Marvel cruises do the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter