Solo 2: The Sequel (November 2018) - Updated 11/6

30 Days until Disney!
29 Days until my Vacation!
26 Days until I find out about that job!

giphy.gif

Day 4: Magic Kingdom / Christmas Party 1 - 11/13 (Tuesday)
  • Probably use Uber to get to Grand Floridian or use a Minnie Van
  • 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
  • Rope Drop MK - If Possible
  • Fast Pass 1: Big Thunder
  • Fast Pass 2: Space Mountain
  • Fast Pass 3: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Protein bars for Snacks to get me to a late lunch / early dinner
  • 3 pm Lunch at CRT
  • Maybe eat something else at Quick Service or rely on protein bars
  • Christmas Party
I've never done one of these Christmas Parties before, but I loved Disney After Hours. Hopefully, it's pretty similar.

giphy.gif

It's also another Ariel Disneybound day! I have some pretty cool green shorts, some green tennis shoes, and a new purple Little Mermaid shirt that I got specifically for the trip. I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm starting my day with an early character breakfast at the Grand Floridian. I've never been to the Grand Floridian, so I think it's a great way to start the day. I'll probably catch an Uber since I don't want to rely on the bus/monorail. From there, I'm going to try to make Roap Drop. I may make it; I may not. We'll have to see what happens. I'd like to see the park opening mini-show. Realistically, it's probably not going to happen since the first breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is at 8 am.

I've scheduled my three fast passes for very early in the day. Big Thunder, Space Mountain, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Hopefully, I'll be able to use that to my advantage and get more fast passes for later in the day. I have a late lunch/early dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. Since I'm only eating two meals today, I may use a few more of my snack credits than usual throughout the day. I'm also going to bring some snacks/protein bars.

My primary goal for today is to relax and have fun. I do want to see Mermaid Ariel and Human Ariel today, but that's about it.

After CRT, it's a few hours until the park closes to the public at 6 pm and the party officially begins at 7 pm. Since I'm doing two parties, I don't have to get everything in tonight. I'd like to see Ariel and Eric together, maybe the Dwarfs (I may line up at 5 pm to meet them), Moana and maybe one or two of the shows. I'm not sure what to expect, so I'm just going to try to enjoy it as best I can. I'm probably going to save shopping until Christmas Party 2.

The party ends at midnight, but I have an early ADR tomorrow, so I'll need to get to bed as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Day 5: Animal Kingdom - 11/14 (Wednesday)
  • Tusker House Breakfast
  • Rope Drop AK
  • Fast Pass 1: Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Fast Pass 2: Festival of the Lion King
  • Lunch at Tiffins - Rivers of Light Package
  • Fast Pass 3: Flight of Passage
  • Dinner at Yak and Yeti
  • Rivers of Light
giphy.gif

I am super excited about Animal Kingdom! It's my favorite park. I start the day with an 8 am character breakfast at Tusker House. I didn't have the greatest experience last time, but it's such a popular destination that I think maybe I just had them on an off day. Hopefully, I'll get there early enough to be the first family. It's kind of fun to be the first one at a restaurant, even as a solo.

I'm hoping that I will be able to eat and meet all of the characters before rope drop. I'm looking to walk very briskly to Flight of Passage and then go catch my Kilimanjaro Safari's Fast Pass after that. I also have a Fast Pass for Festival of the Lion King. I mainly did that so I can remember to get over to see the show. I missed it last time I was at Disney World and I'd really like to see the show. After the show, I have lunch at Tiffins. I got the Rivers of Light Package, but I'm not totally sure if I want to see Rivers of Light. I dunno. Regardless, Tiffins is my favorite restaurant at the Animal Kingdom. I love everything about it.

After Lunch, I have a fast pass to Flight of Passage. Hopefully, after that, I'll be able to get in some more fast passes. The only character that I'd really like to see today is Pochahontas. I wasn't able to see her during my last trip, so hopefully, I'll be able to find her today. I'd also like to ride Expedition Everest a few times.

For dinner, it's Yak and Yeti. I think the sun will be down when I get out, so I'll be ride focused.

Rivers of Light is something I may or may not do. I'd also like to try to sneak in one more ride at Flight of Passage if at all possible. The park closes at 8 pm tonight and I'm planning on turning in early to get ready for Christmas Party 2. If I'm feeling particularly restless I may head over to Disney Springs for some shopping, but I suspect that I'll just get to bed early.

I got my tracking number for my magic bands! So, I guess that means that I'll get them next week.

I went with yellow to match my Briar Rose Disneybound this time.

Since I know that time is going to be at a premium, I'm working on packing. My carry-on is pretty much packed. My daypacks are ready to go, and I'm super excited about everything!

27 Days until Disney!
26 Days until my Vacation!
23 Days until I find out about that job!

giphy.gif

Day 6: Epcot / Magic Kingdom / Christmas Party 2 - 11/15 (Thursday)
  • Red Bull / Protein Drink Breakfast
  • EMH Morning at Epcot. Pictures with Anna/Elsa, Frozen Ever After, Pictures with Mickey at 9 am
  • Hop to Magic Kingdom
  • Fast Pass 1: Meet Mickey Mouse (Magic Kingdom)
  • Fast Pass 2: Buzz Lightyear
  • Fast Pass 3: Space Mountain
  • Lunch at Tony's Town Square - Festival of Fantasy Dining Package
  • Festival of Fantasy VIP Viewing
  • Dinner at Skipper's Canteen
  • Christmas Party 2
giphy.gif

So this day is a little crazy. It's my Mickey Mouse Disneybound day! I have my red Levi's, black short-sleeved dress shirt, yellow shoes and yellow bow tie all ready to go! I'll also be rocking my Mickey Mouse backpack.

I start the day with Early Magic Hours at Epcot and Red Bull for Breakfast. The main goal for Epcot is to get my picture taken with Mickey and Minnie, but they don't open until 9 am. So I'm going to try to get another ride in at either Frozen Ever After or Test Track. After that's all done, it's off to the Magic Kingdom.

My first fast pass is to see Mickey Mouse at 10 am. I also have Buzz Lighyear planned for 11 am. After that, it's lunch at Tony's Town Square. I wasn't impressed with Tony's (like at all) the last time I was there, but I hear they got a new chef and a new menu. Hopefully, it's better, but really I'm here for the VIP Viewing of the parade.

With lunch out of the way, I have last scheduled fast pass for Space Mountain at 1 pm. Then I have to get back to watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade to watch at 2 pm. So that's nice. I'll keep using my fast passes until dinner time.

For dinner, it's off to Skipper's Canteen. This was my favorite meal last trip at the Magic Kingdom. CRT is way more fun, but I liked the food at Skipper's Canteen better.

The park closes to the public at 6 pm and the party officially starts at 7 pm.

giphy.gif

Time for Christmas Party #2! I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Change of plans? Maybe?

So Disney just updated their hours. The Magic Kingdom is scheduled to be open until 1 am on my arrival day. So I may go there after I'm done at Epcot. Honestly, I may just skip it. At this point, I'm not sure.

If I go to Magic Kingdom I may just stay there for a little bit and leave around 11 pm. 1 am is too much for an arrival day.

Day 7: Animal Kingdom 2 - 11/16 (Friday)
  • Rope drop at AK
  • Fast Pass 1: Flight of Passage
  • Fast Pass 2: Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Fast Pass 3: Expedition Everest
  • Lunch at Yak and Yeti
  • Dinner at Tiffins
  • Close out the park
  • Begin packing, watch a Disney Movie
giphy.gif

What's there to do after the Second Christmas Party? Go to the Animal Kingdom!

I suspect that I'll be a little tired, so I may or may not make rope drop. I have my first fast pass at Flight of Passage from 9:10-10:10 am, so as long as I make it between that time I'm still on track. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to make rope drop, go on Flight of Passage through the queue, use the fast pass and then make it to Kilimanjaro Safaris before my second fast pass. My second fast pass is at Kilimanjaro Safaris from 10:15 am - 11:15 am. Then I'll look at some animals and make it over to my final fast pass at Expedition Everest from 11:20 am - 12:20 am. From there it's just a short walk over to Yak and Yeti for Lunch, which should give me a little bit of a break.

What's there to do between lunch and dinner? I don't know. Hopefully, I'll have gotten all of the must-have stuff out of the way by then. There's still plenty of animals to see and rides to ride. I'm a massive fan of Expedition Everest, so I plan on taking advantage of the single rider line. I have dinner at Tiffins at 5:50 pm. I should have enough time to ride Flight of Passage one more time before the park closes at 8 pm. With the closure of the park, I'm planning to get back to the resort and start getting ready for departure. It's early, but I figure that I need to take advantage of the early closure at the Animal Kingdom.

Then it's early to bed. Tomorrow is my Disney Hollywood Studios day, which is also my last full day at Disney World.

Last edited:
Day 8: Disney Hollywood Studios Day - 11/17 (Saturday)
  • Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
  • Rope Drop at DHS, hit Tower of Terror
  • Fast Pass 1: Rock n Roller Coaster
  • Fast Pass 2: Slinky Dog Dash
  • Lunch at 50's Prime Time
  • Fast Pass 3: Star Tours
  • Dinner at Sci-Fi
  • Maybe go to Epcot?
  • Final Packing
tumblr_lrh0w4HOgo1qah7p7o1_500.gif

It's my last full day at Disney World! I need to wake up pretty early to make it to my breakfast. I'm planning on catching an Uber because trying to ride a bus to DHS and then walking over to the Boardwalk seems like it could be a hassle.

I have a 7:30 breakfast reservation with the best Princess. I'm not sure if I really need to go there twice, but there's not a lot of options around DHS. I didn't like my meal when I went to Hollywood and Vine for their breakfast in January. So this one may be subject to change. I'm still hoping that I'll be able to get an Akershus breakfast reservation for my Epcot day so I can cancel my Bon Voyage Breakfast for that day and keep this one. Cape May is an option too if it opens up, but I'm not sure how good it is over there.

From there, I should have no issue making rope drop. I plan to hit Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster before I have to use my fast pass to Rock n Roller Coaster. From there, I'd like to try to get some meet and greets done before I use my fast pass for Slinky Dog Dash. Right after Slinky Dog, I have lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe. I like this restaurant. It's comfort food, but it's delicious. Right after lunch, I have a Star Tours fast pass scheduled. I'd also like to see the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at some point. Given the age of the show, I suspect it's probably on the chopping block at some point. Hopefully, I'm wrong, and they update it with modern technology, but I'd still like to watch it before I the end of the day.

With all of my fast passes done pretty early, hopefully, I'll be able to get more. The main thing I'd like to make sure I do is to ride Slinky Dog Dash when it's dark.

For dinner, it's at the Sci-Fi. I enjoyed the ambiance more so than the food last time, so I'm going to try something different. Last time I had the ribs and didn't care for them. I think they're more known for their burgers, so I'll probably grab a burger. The candy bar last time was incredible!

DHS closes at 8 pm tonight, so I may turn in early. I'd like to see Fantasmic if I'd already ridden Slinky Dog Dash at night.

giphy.gif

Another option is to sneak in a little more time at the Magic Kingdom. They close at 11 pm, and if my luggage is ready to go, it may not be a bad idea.

One last sleep, then it's about time to come home. After I spend another day at Disney World, of course.

Last edited:
Disney Bound and Resort Update

View attachment 323006

Mickey Mouse shoes! I’m really excited about these. They’re not exactly what I was expecting, but they are very comfortable and cool. I’m still 6 months out, so there’s plenty of time to find the rest of the outfit. I also falsely assumed that they were Nikes because of the similar looking logo. I didn't realize that Panam is an independent brand in Mexico.

Also with all the talk of renovations at All-Star Movies, I decided to change my reservations. I’m now in a preferred room at Movies instead of a normal room at Music. Hopefully I’ll get that new room!

Those shoes are perfect!

23 Days until Disney!
22 Days until my Vacation!
19 Days until I find out about that job!

giphy.gif

It's coming up quick! I'm feeling great about everything. I had my last Q&A session type thing last night with the other person I'm going against for this new job. My primary goal at the event, since I'm the favorite, was not to say anything stupid and to look professional. I think I accomplished my goal. My opponent said some pretty dumb things, which kind of shocked me. I guess we'll see what happens.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Day 9: The Last Day - 11/18 (Sunday)
  • Check bags with Airline, check carry-on with Bell Services
  • Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland (Includes Breakfast)
  • Fast Pass 1: Space Mountain
  • Fast Pass 3: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Lunch at CRT
  • Flex - Do whatever, maybe hop or spend the rest of the day at the Animal Kingdom
  • Meet Disney's Magical Express: Probably around 6:30 pm
  • Grab dinner at the airport or maybe something quick before I leave for the airport
  • 9:40 pm flight out
  • Get home around midnight / 1 am
giphy.gif

I planned this out so I can get in a lot of hours at Disney World before I have to go home. I should have everything packed and ready to go, so all I have to do is wake up. I'm going to do the resort check-in with my airline at the resort, so that should save some time for later in the day. Then I have to check my bags with bell services and get on a bus to the Magic Kingdom for Early Morning Magic.

I'm going to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train... So many times. As many times as I can. I guess there's other stuff there too.

After EMM, I'm going to get the included breakfast. Maybe ride something right before since I have that whole first hour after rope drop to get it done. My first fast pass is for Space Mountain. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get something else done in between so I can go straight from there to Buzz Lightyear. I have another fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad before lunch.

For lunch, it's my last meal at Disney World. I'm having lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table to see the Princesses one last time before I have to go home. I couldn't think of a better way to cap off all of the excellent places I'm going to eat.

After lunch, I'm not sure what I want to do. I still have time. Lots of time before I have to meet up with Disney's Magical Express. I think that by this time I should have seen/done everything that I want to do at the Magic Kingdom, so I'm thinking about heading over to my favorite park, Animal Kingdom to end my day. This move will also put me in very close proximity to All-Star Movies for when I have to catch my DME bus. I did this last time when I was at All-Star Sports, and it worked out perfectly.

I have a plane to catch at 9:40 pm, so I suspect that I'll have to meet the bus around 6:30. So I should have to leave the Animal Kingdom around 6 pm. I may grab an Uber to make it easier on me. So I should be in a Disney Park from 7:45 am - 6 pm. All in all, not a bad day.

I catch my bus, grab something to eat at the airport, catch my plane and when I land I'll have an hour and a half drive home. I suspect that I'll get home around Midnight or 1 am. My horses will probably be asleep, but my cats will definitely be all over me when I get home.

So that's my plans for Disney World. Thanks for reading and I hope to have a magical nine days.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
12 Days until Disney!
11 Days until my Vacation!
8 Days until I find out about that job!

giphy.gif

Well, I finished my last report before Disney. Now all I have to do is work my butt off for the next eight days and see what happens.

My itinerary hasn't changed. The only place that I still want to get an ADR for that I haven't been able to get is the Akershus breakfast service. I don't think I'm going to be able to get in for my Epcot day, but that's fine. Two Bon Voyage Breakfasts never hurt anybody. It's arguably the better character meal anyway.

I've also been filling the barn with hay for my horses and making the final preparations.

Here's a recap:

Before the Mouse - 11/9
  • Work
  • Get Dinner
  • Get to the Airport Marriott
  • Sleep ASAP
Day 1: Arrival Day - 11/10 (Saturday)
  • Red Bull & Protein Drink for Breakfast
  • 7:40 am flight
  • 10:55 am arrival at MCO
  • QS Lunch at All-Star Movies - Secret Menu Burger (Out of Pocket)
  • Head to Hollywood Studios
  • Fast Pass 1: Tower of Terror
  • Fast Pass 2: Rock n Roller Coaster
  • Fast Pass 3: Toy Story Mania
  • Head to Boardwalk
  • Dinner @ Flying Fish
  • Go to Epcot
Day 2: Hopper Day / Water Rides - 11/11 (Sunday)
  • Red Bull & Protein Drink for Breakfast
  • Rope Drop at Animal Kingdom
  • Run to Flight of Passage
  • Fast Pass 1: Na'vi River Journey
  • Fast Pass 3: Kali River Rapids
  • Lunch at Sanaa
  • Flex - DVC Tour, check out Epcot or go straight to Magic Kingdom
  • Dinner at Be Our Guest (Out of Pocket)
  • Fireworks
Day 3: Epcot Day - 11/12 (Monday)
  • Uber to Boardwalk
  • Rope Drop Epcot (Try to hit Test Track and Soarin)
  • Fast Pass 1: Spaceship Earth
  • Fast Pass 2: Livin' with the Land
  • Lunch at Garden Grill
  • Meet all the Princesses
  • Fast Pass 3: Frozen Ever After
  • Dinner at Le Cellier
  • Reflections of Earth
Day 4: Magic Kingdom / Christmas Party 1 - 11/13 (Tuesday)
  • Probably use Uber to get to Grand Floridian or use a Minnie Van
  • 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
  • Rope Drop MK - If Possible
  • Fast Pass 1: Big Thunder
  • Fast Pass 2: Space Mountain
  • Fast Pass 3: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Protein bars for Snacks to get me to a late lunch / early dinner
  • 3 pm Lunch at CRT
  • Maybe eat something else at Quick Service or rely on protein bars
  • Christmas Party
Day 5: Animal Kingdom - 11/14 (Wednesday)
  • Tusker House Breakfast
  • Rope Drop AK
  • Fast Pass 1: Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Fast Pass 2: Festival of the Lion King
  • Lunch at Tiffins - Rivers of Light Package
  • Fast Pass 3: Flight of Passage
  • Dinner at Yak and Yeti
  • Rivers of Light
Day 6: Epcot / Magic Kingdom / Christmas Party 2 - 11/15 (Thursday)
  • EMH Morning at Epcot. Pictures with Anna/Elsa, Frozen Ever After, Pictures with Mickey at 9 am
  • Hop to Magic Kingdom
  • Fast Pass 1: Meet Mickey Mouse (Magic Kingdom)
  • Fast Pass 3: Space Mountain
  • Lunch at Tony's Town Square - Festival of Fantasy Dining Package
  • Festival of Fantasy VIP Viewing
  • Dinner at Skipper's Canteen
  • Christmas Party 2
Day 7: Animal Kingdom 2 - 11/16 (Friday)
  • Rope drop at AK
  • Fast Pass 1: Flight of Passage
  • Fast Pass 3: Expedition Everest
  • Lunch at Yak and Yeti
  • Dinner at Tiffins
  • Close out the park
  • Begin packing, watch a Disney Movie
Day 8: Disney Hollywood Studios Day - 11/17 (Saturday)
  • Rope Drop at DHS, hit Tower of Terror
  • Fast Pass 1: Rock n Roller Coaster
  • Fast Pass 2: Slinky Dog Dash
  • Lunch at 50's Prime Time
  • Fast Pass 3: Star Tours
  • Dinner at Sci-Fi
  • Maybe go to Epcot?
  • Final Packing
Day 9: The Last Day - 11/18 (Sunday)
  • Check bags with Airline, check carry-on with Bell Services
  • Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland (Includes Breakfast)
  • Fast Pass 1: Space Mountain
  • Fast Pass 3: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Lunch at CRT
  • Flex - Do whatever, maybe hop or spend the rest of the day at the Animal Kingdom
  • Meet Disney's Magical Express: Probably around 6:30 pm
  • Grab dinner at the airport or maybe something quick before I leave for the airport
  • 9:40 pm flight out
  • Get home around midnight / 1 am

4 Days Until Disney!
3 Days Until my Vacation!
Today's the day I find out about that job!

giphy.gif

...I am so tired. I should find out what happens tonight before I go to bed. Either way, I'm going to Disney World!

2 Days until Disney!
1 Day until my Vacation!

giphy.gif

Oh yeah, I got the job. It’s been a crazy week with meetings and getting ready for my transition.

I am so excited! I need this vacation.

Today is my arrival day! I'm at the airport watching Lady and the Tramp.

I expect to be in Orlando at 11 am. I can't wait!

When I got the text with my room number, it wasn’t for a refurbished room. I went to the front desk and they were able to find me one! Woo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!