Solo at Liberty Tree

srpresto

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done a solo meal at Liberty Tree Tavern? I was thinking about maybe trying it for my next fall trip but wasn't sure if it would be strange.

I've done it twice.

"Strange" depends on the person. Reading through the posts in this section I see people who are uncomfortable being solo in the parks all the way to those gregarious folks who chat with everyone they see. It wasn't strange to me and I fall in the middle - love being solo but not very outgoing. I was treated well by the CM's and really enjoyed the experience. And I love the food. My ONLY issue was so much food. They do bring a smaller platter for solo diners but it's still a lot of food.

What is your concern? What might make you feel strange?

Has anyone done a solo meal at Liberty Tree Tavern? I was thinking about maybe trying it for my next fall trip but wasn't sure if it would be strange.

I have, several times. I can't comment on ordering the AYCE meal, since I always just get the Colony Salad and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake (yes, I'm VERY predictable-don't even look at the menu anymore). As far as it being strange, I've been to WDW solo at least a dozen times, that's a lot of solo TS meals so for me, it's not strange at all. However, I will admit that the first few TS meals anywhere on my first couple solo trips felt a little strange.

LTT is almost a "must-do lunch" for me - I go every time I can get an ADR for lunch at a time I want. I don't need the menu either - it's the pot roast for me. They do have few tables for 2 in this restaurant - so you will probably get one of them.

ONE time I felt awkward here because I was next to a large group who had pretty much spread out into my space. Even when the server clearly had to to ask them to move to take my order, bring my food, etc - that group just didn't seem to care. Beyond that one incident - it's been fine. I think they would have crowded a couple at the table, too - they just were not observant. I've noticed other solo diners at LTT at lunch more than once.

I haven't been to DINNER solo - and I have not ordered the AYCTE lunch choice. Frankly - I don't love the food on that option (I have done that meal for dinner with the family) - so that's why I don't order it.

It was the family style ayce aspect that I was worried would feel strange. I have done several solo trips to Disney and some table service meals (not many because I am not on the dining plan and I am sometimes cheap). I will be fine chatting with the server, people watching and playing on my phone. I just worry about all that food. :)

I was curious about this restaurant solo as well. When I went with family last month when our table was ready they made a loud announcement saying “now serving the Smith family”. What do they do when you are solo?

I want to eat ther but I feel like I would waste a ton of food... it is family style
Only dinner is required family style. At lunch - you can order regular entree selections off the menu - or the same AYCTE meal they offer at dinner. As a solo - I go there for lunch because they happen to have some great entrees for a reasonable price.

I was curious about this restaurant solo as well. When I went with family last month when our table was ready they made a loud announcement saying “now serving the Smith family”. What do they do when you are solo?
One time they announced "The Smith family from the territory of California." One time they announced, "The Honorable Mr. Smith from the territory of California."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!