Solo dining plan

it all depends on where you want to eat and if you will be going to a lot of table service places alone or if you will just be going to quick service

for the $78+ per day some people will take full advantage of it and eat at table services places alone and go to character meal, I know one meal at the Tusker house will pretty much cover the cost of the plan for that day at $54/ person

it all depends on where you want to eat and if you will be going to a lot of table service places alone or if you will just be going to quick service

for the $78+ per day some people will take full advantage of it and eat at table services places alone and go to character meal, I know one meal at the Tusker house will pretty much cover the cost of the plan for that day at $54/ person
I plan on doing a combo of table and counter service

look at the menus. Think about where you want to eat. Do those places accept the plan? Would you spend more than £78 per day getting your favourite choices from those places?
if yes, it's worth it. If no, pay OOP.

Is it a good idea as a solo traveler to get the disney dining plan

FIRST, decide where you WANT to eat each day, TS and QS. Decide what you might eat, maybe give yourself a couple options at the a la carte. THEN, do the math! You're really the only one who can make this decision. If you still want our thoughts, list where you'll eat and whether you'll have an alcoholic drink with each meal, and we'll be happy to give our opinions.

FIRST, decide where you WANT to eat each day, TS and QS. Decide what you might eat, maybe give yourself a couple options at the a la carte. THEN, do the math! You're really the only one who can make this decision. If you still want our thoughts, list where you'll eat and whether you'll have an alcoholic drink with each meal, and we'll be happy to give our opinions.
Oddly even tho I am of legal age to drink I don't drink I cant handle alcohol

Is it a good idea as a solo traveler to get the disney dining plan
It's not necessarily a bad idea. It's harder to break even without the expensive alcohol costs though it could still be worthwhile. If you're roughly expecting to spend close to that much out-of-pocket anyway and having the plan sounds fun to you... I'd say "Go for it." It can be a very enjoyable adventure.

I would most likely just pay out of pocket if I was taking a trip, mainly for the flexibility of just ordering an appetizer or dining in a lounge if the mood strikes. (I love Nomad.) I don't think I would hit up a character meal if I was on my own, but that is just me.

I'm going solo for 3.5 days in April. I looked at the menus of where I wanted to eat and picked the dishes I thought I might enjoy. I came out $78 ahead by purchasing the dining plan. (Ironic, no? :smooth:)

If I wasn't drinking alcohol, I would not have purchased the dining plan. If you aren't drinking, it probably doesn't make sense. But like others have said, do the math based on what you would order.

Enjoy your solo trip!!!!

I'm going solo for 3.5 days in April. I looked at the menus of where I wanted to eat and picked the dishes I thought I might enjoy. I came out $78 ahead by purchasing the dining plan. (Ironic, no? :smooth:)

If I wasn't drinking alcohol, I would not have purchased the dining plan. If you aren't drinking, it probably doesn't make sense. But like others have said, do the math based on what you would order.

Enjoy your solo trip!!!!
Oh cool. I will do that

I am adding the Deluxe plan for my one night stay at Coronado before moving to Shades of Green. I am staying post DCL cruise so will be getting to the resort very early in the day. There are a few one table credit restaurants I want to try out. Being able to stretch it over the two days really helps maximize the value. I will be getting alcoholic drinks with my meals too. Although not able to use the refillable mug at Shades, I can use it at the resorts. I love to resort hop so will get use out of it for the rest of my stay.

I'm usually all over the place when I go solo, some days I eat small meals, some days I might eat at a TS but I'll probably get a couple of appetizers and a dessert and a refreshing adult beverage or two. For example: Let's say I'm doing AK all day and I eat at Nomad Lounge and have a refreshing adult beverage. Say I got sliders $16 and a charcuterie board $16 and a drink Annapurina Zing $13.25 for supper. That is $45.25 right there. Let's say I was in AK for breakfast too just to make it easy. I'd go to Kusafiri Coffee Shop and get muffin $3.49 and a cup of coffee $3.29. That is 7.49. For lunch I'll go to Yak and Yet QS and get Chicken Fried Rice side $4.29 and an egg roll side $3.99 and probably just a glass of water cause you know I'm having that refreshing adult beverage later. That is $8.28. So my day at AK was $45.25 + $7.49 + $8.28 = $61.02. My breakfast and lunch were snack credits but it would have taken 4 of them for just one day. My supper wasn't covered at all. Some days I might go to LaCava and get chips,guac and cheese dip and a drink for lunch, maybe I had a pastry from France for breakfast and let's say I'm going to sit down at a TS for supper so I go to Spice Road Tables and I get an appetizer and an entre and a glass of wine. My breakfast would be covered on a snack credit, nothing on my lunch and part of my supper since appetizers aren't covered. So I've used 5 snack credits in 2 days and one TS. Just doesn't work for me but I'm a small meal eater, don't drink soft drinks and rarely eat between meals unless I'm just snacking all day and rarely eat sweets.

I know when I travel solo I generally prefer to eat on the go or sit outside (looks like I favour the $10-15 options, esp as I go for the vegan options), with the occasional sit down meal. I don’t think the dining plan would be good value for me or I’d just be eating for the sake of using it up.

As others have said, it really does depend on how you eat and what you’d typically spend without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!