Solo in September(Meet Ups)

16th to 26th---16th check in at WL, then dinner at Geyser. 17th AK day mostly Pandora and eve at AKL for BOMA dinner. 18th EPCOT F&W with lunch at Rose and Crown. 19th EPCOT F&W with lunch at Le Cellier. 20th HS with lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby and Fantasmic. 21st Free Day probably going monorail circuit hotels with lunch possibly at the Wave. 22nd AK day and dinner at Artist Point WL. 23rd HS with lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby again and afternoon to EPCOT F&W. 24th breakfast at the Wave, then EPCOT F&W. 25th EPCOT F&W with lunch at Chefs de France. 26th leave my WL villa:sad::sad::sad:. Of course, all these plans subject to change at any moment--already have changed a bunch---and this doesn't include all of my FP's. Fun, fun, fun! Once again, tried to convince myself to go to MNSSHP, but couldn't justify paying the extra for basically parade and fireworks--I've ridden those rides so many, many times--special treats look good though and you never know, I may change my mind yet--I still have 3 weeks to make more changes!:-)

16th to 26th---16th check in at WL, then dinner at Geyser. 17th AK day mostly Pandora and eve at AKL for BOMA dinner. 18th EPCOT F&W with lunch at Rose and Crown. 19th EPCOT F&W with lunch at Le Cellier. 20th HS with lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby and Fantasmic. 21st Free Day probably going monorail circuit hotels with lunch possibly at the Wave. 22nd AK day and dinner at Artist Point WL. 23rd HS with lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby again and afternoon to EPCOT F&W. 24th breakfast at the Wave, then EPCOT F&W. 25th EPCOT F&W with lunch at Chefs de France. 26th leave my WL villa:sad::sad::sad:. Of course, all these plans subject to change at any moment--already have changed a bunch---and this doesn't include all of my FP's. Fun, fun, fun!

You and I actually have a bit of overlap. I am doing AK on 22nd, Epcot F&W til 3PM on the 24th(Halloween Party after) and a full day on the 25th.

Was considering 24th along with 17th and 19th for the Halloween Party-- thought Tuesday would be a light day and Sunday nights since most kids have to go to school the next morning. We'll see.

Was considering 24th along with 17th and 19th for the Halloween Party-- thought Tuesday would be a light day and Sunday nights since most kids have to go to school the next morning. We'll see.

Mine just worked out on the 24th simply because of pricing. I have only run into one other DISer with the same night as me for the party.

Still debating if I should visit Orlando in September or October.. Anyone know which month would be less crowded?

I'll be traveling solo btw. Would love to find someone willing to tackle some rides with me. ^^

Still debating if I should visit Orlando in September or October.. Anyone know which month would be less crowded?

I'll be traveling solo btw. Would love to find someone willing to tackle some rides with me. ^^

Pretty much after labor day(I would look starting around 9/10) until mid-October. Keep in mind the Halloween parties and Food and Wine Festival, both of which are going on and crowded on weekends, but MK does close early to the public for the parties. This thread is specifically for solo travelers, hence the name(which is a take off of Sleepless in Seattle...one of my goofy movie references).

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

I am booked for my very first SOLO Disney birthday trip. Will be staying at the Pop from 9/24 to 9/29. I got the 4-park tickets. Don't know what I'm doing yet or where I will be other than on my actual birthday - 9/27 - I will be at MK :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

I've travelled solo overseas but never to Disney by myself. But I've read everything I could find online about the advantages of going solo to Disney, so I'm excited ... and nervous ...:scared:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

I am booked for my very first SOLO Disney birthday trip. Will be staying at the Pop from 9/24 to 9/29. I got the 4-park tickets. Don't know what I'm doing yet or where I will be other than on my actual birthday - 9/27 - I will be at MK :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

I've travelled solo overseas but never to Disney by myself. But I've read everything I could find online about the advantages of going solo to Disney, so I'm excited ... and nervous ...:scared:

You will be fine. I have the four park ticket myself, plus an extra ticket for an extra Epcot day....arriving 9/21, leaving 9/25(11:59PM...straight from Epcot). Happy to meet if you like. Are you doing the Halloween Party?

Everyone, please watch the weather with your upcoming trips. Between Harvey and Irma, the southern United States is getting hit hard. Right now, Orlando is ok, but that can change over the next week or two.

I'm starting to plan a solo trip to Disney. Most likely late Sept - early Oct. I'll most likely be staying on somewhere on International Drive, because it looks like a bit cheaper and more stuff to do. Which parks have haunted houses and stuff for Halloween? And how's the weather during those times? I don't mind the heat but too much can get draining.

I'm starting to plan a solo trip to Disney. Most likely late Sept - early Oct. I'll most likely be staying on somewhere on International Drive, because it looks like a bit cheaper and more stuff to do. Which parks have haunted houses and stuff for Halloween? And how's the weather during those times? I don't mind the heat but too much can get draining.

Haunted Houses you would want Universal, though SeaWorld has a Halloween celebration in October and Disney has their Halloween party. Disney's and Universal's cost extra. Late September you are looking at 80 degree weather, though I am unsure on October.

HHN is the best for haunted houses. I'm going to HHN the weekend of September 23 (before heading to Disney for the week) solo.

It will probably rain in the PM everyday in September. I wouldn't let that stop you from visiting though. It usually only rains for a few hours at most.

You will be fine. I have the four park ticket myself, plus an extra ticket for an extra Epcot day....arriving 9/21, leaving 9/25(11:59PM...straight from Epcot). Happy to meet if you like. Are you doing the Halloween Party?

would love to meet up. tell me when and where :) other than MK on 9/27, my 4-park schedule is pretty open. I definitely plan to do Epcot F&W. I didn't have Halloween Party in mind but I'm open to checking it out. I'll look into it and get ticket.

T - 20 days :)

would love to meet up. tell me when and where :) other than MK on 9/27, my 4-park schedule is pretty open. I definitely plan to do Epcot F&W. I didn't have Halloween Party in mind but I'm open to checking it out. I'll look into it and get ticket.

My party date is 9/24, with Epcot 9/24(morning) and 9/25. Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and MK I have planned from 9/21-9/23, in that order.

My party date is 9/24, with Epcot 9/24(morning) and 9/25. Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and MK I have planned from 9/21-9/23, in that order.

Sounds like you'll be there before me. I don't get in until 9/24. We could possibly meet up at Epcot on 9/25

I found 2 Meetup groups in Orlando that have events during the week I'm there. I'm hoping I can join them for some events.
https://www.meetup.com/Fellowship-of-the-Mouse/
https://www.meetup.com/Walking-for-Fun-at-Disney/

Sounds like you'll be there before me. I don't get in until 9/24. We could possibly meet up at Epcot on 9/25

I found 2 Meetup groups in Orlando that have events during the week I'm there. I'm hoping I can join them for some events.
https://www.meetup.com/Fellowship-of-the-Mouse/
https://www.meetup.com/Walking-for-Fun-at-Disney/

I would appreciate the company. It is possible that I may have to shorten my trip, but 9/24 and 9/25 are definite. I have a few fastpasses, but aside from that and the concert(Sugar Ray), I am pretty much going to be going to the booths all day. I am able to fit in extra time at Epcot only due to having a spare one day ticket beyond my four park ticket.

Hi,
There's a bunch of us meeting up at mnsshp on 26/9 if you are around then and also Epcot 28/9. I have plans to go to MK on the 27th most of the afternoon and evening as there's extra magic hours and I have booked the happily ever after dessert party. I'll be there on my own so if you're needing a pal just let me know :)
Also it's my bday on 23/9 so we can have a birthday week celebration!

Update on the hurricane, for those who may not be following as closely. Irma has been upgraded to a Category 5 and Orlando is currently under an evacuation order. I am not sure if this affects anyone on this thread, or how it will affect those of us going this month. A friend of mine who lives in Orlando(and works for Disney) just gave me this information.

Update on the hurricane, for those who may not be following as closely. Irma has been upgraded to a Category 5 and Orlando is currently under an evacuation order. I am not sure if this affects anyone on this thread, or how it will affect those of us going this month. A friend of mine who lives in Orlando(and works for Disney) just gave me this information.
Been hearing a bit about it here in the U.K. Really hoping it comes and goes quickly! Kind of worried about travelling in hurricane season

Been hearing a bit about it here in the U.K. Really hoping it comes and goes quickly! Kind of worried about travelling in hurricane season

I usually travel in late hurricane season for better rates, but this is an unusually active year as well. It could also run into the remnants of Harvey and cause that one to reform or strengthen because of that. Hard to tell at this point, but I will keep everyone informed based on what I hear from my Florida friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts