Solo in September(Meet Ups)

What's good about Animal Kingdom? I've never been there before and keep hearing that it's mostly a zoo.

What's good about Animal Kingdom? I've never been there before and keep hearing that it's mostly a zoo.

More a safari park and reserve/theme park hybrid. It houses the new Pandora area, and there are also African and Asian themed restaurants available to try in addition. While the animals are the main attraction, there are some rides and shows. The most popular ride now is Flights of Passage, but there is also Expedition Everest in the way of thrill rides. I would consider doing a day there, maybe including Tusker House or Tiffins(the two table service restaurants usually recommended in that park), and find out if it is your thing or not first hand.

Hi,
There's a bunch of us meeting up at mnsshp on 26/9 if you are around then and also Epcot 28/9. I have plans to go to MK on the 27th most of the afternoon and evening as there's extra magic hours and I have booked the happily ever after dessert party. I'll be there on my own so if you're needing a pal just let me know :)
Also it's my bday on 23/9 so we can have a birthday week celebration!

YES I would love to have a Disney pal and we're almost birthday twins. Let's hang ;)

I fly in on Sun 9/25 staying at the Pop
Other than being at MK on 9/27 my birthday, my 4-park schedule is pretty flexible. I haven't booked any dining plans. I actually don't have any set plans. Over planning is just not my forte. Just gonna show up at each park on any particular day and see where the wind will take me ;)

How do we exchange contact details off board?

What is the happily ever after dessert party? I need to look into that also.

YES I would love to have a Disney pal and we're almost birthday twins. Let's hang ;)

Other than being at MK on 9/27 my birthday, my 4-park schedule is pretty flexible. I haven't booked any dining plans. I actually don't have any set plans. Over planning is just not my forte. Just gonna show up at each park on any particular day and see where the wind will take me ;)

You can do that by inbox on here once you reach your 10th post/reply.

Yeh you need to post 10 messages like Brad said! So just get joining in some random conversations Then give me a shout!
The dessert party is where you go to a location in mk (tomorrowland I think) and they give you lots of sweet things to eat and then they move you to a good viewing spot reserved for the fireworks so you can see it straight on. I've booked the gardens plaza one. I think it was about $60 so depends on your budget. It's on the Disney website if you just search for it and see what you think! I'm happy to meet before/after if it's not your thing x

I have bought ticket for MNSSHP on 9/26 :)
Do I need to wear a costume? Not a costume person but if it's required maybe I'll just get a princess headband or mouse ears then

I also bought the dessert party for evening of 9/27.

This trip is just going to be so amazing :D

I have bought ticket for MNSSHP on 9/26 :)
Do I need to wear a costume? Not a costume person but if it's required maybe I'll just get a princess headband or mouse ears then

I also bought the dessert party for evening of 9/27.

This trip is just going to be so amazing :D

It's optional. For me though, what people call costumes I just call work clothes.

Just booked my flights.

Decided to stay an extra day until 9/30. Flight is actually cheaper if I leave a day later than originally planned. With an extra day I can check out Universal or re-visit one of the Disney parks. We shall see.
Due to Irma, I haven't been able to get though to Disney reservation to add an extra day. I'm just going to book a night at off-site hotel.

All set for this trip :D

T - 16 days!!!

Has anyone done any of the following "backstage" tours?

World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered tour
Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour
The Undiscovered Future World
Keys to the Kingdom Tour

I'm considering signing up for 1 or 2 tours while I'm there. Would I be able to sign up when I get there? Or advance reservation only? I'm considering but don't want to overbook for events and then not go when I get there.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Has anyone done any of the following "backstage" tours?

World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered tour
Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour
The Undiscovered Future World
Keys to the Kingdom Tour

I'm considering signing up for 1 or 2 tours while I'm there. Would I be able to sign up when I get there? Or advance reservation only? I'm considering but don't want to overbook for events and then not go when I get there.

Thanks in advance for any info.
That's brilliant you're all booked up! If you have a look on the thread - when are you going? post your dates.. then you'll see everyone talking about the party on the 26th and who's all on board. My costume (hasn't arrived so assuming it fits and isn't horrible) is just a sort of mild version of snow white, not full blown and was going to put a red ribbon in my hair. Otherwise may just do ears!
I haven't booked any tours - I did think about it and i'm sure at some point in life I will do several but this week has just filled up so fast I don't have time! I heard the keys to the kingdom one is great.

That's brilliant you're all booked up! If you have a look on the thread - when are you going? post your dates.. then you'll see everyone talking about the party on the 26th and who's all on board. My costume (hasn't arrived so assuming it fits and isn't horrible) is just a sort of mild version of snow white, not full blown and was going to put a red ribbon in my hair. Otherwise may just do ears!
I haven't booked any tours - I did think about it and i'm sure at some point in life I will do several but this week has just filled up so fast I don't have time! I heard the keys to the kingdom one is great.

I'm just gonna miss that meetup. I leave Orlando on 9/25, so doing my party 9/24.

Anyone want to meet up at Epcot on 9/24 or 9/25? I am doing a half day at Epcot on 9/24, 9am-3pm, and a full day on 9/25. If anyone would like to do F&W with me either day, let me know.

I'm coming into town at the end of September with some family but they are only buying 2 day park hoppers due to cost. I will be there from 9/29 to 10/6. So I'm debating on what ticket I should buy to visit the parks. The rest of the family doesn't want to do Epcot and I cant wait to visit Epcot so I know I'm at least buying a 3 day pass. They intend to visit the following:

9/30: HS and AK
10/1: no parks
10/2: Sea World (have a little nephew obsessed with sea animals!)
10/3: no parks
10/4: MK
10/5: nothing

So I know I definitely want to visit Epcot in there somewhere....

Anyone else gonna be around then??

I'd been exploring the different tours and would love to do one but I'm sure no one else in my traveling party wants to do one.

I'm coming into town at the end of September with some family but they are only buying 2 day park hoppers due to cost. I will be there from 9/29 to 10/6. So I'm debating on what ticket I should buy to visit the parks. The rest of the family doesn't want to do Epcot and I cant wait to visit Epcot so I know I'm at least buying a 3 day pass. They intend to visit the following:

9/30: HS and AK
10/1: no parks
10/2: Sea World (have a little nephew obsessed with sea animals!)
10/3: no parks
10/4: MK
10/5: nothing

So I know I definitely want to visit Epcot in there somewhere....

Anyone else gonna be around then??

I'd been exploring the different tours and would love to do one but I'm sure no one else in my traveling party wants to do one.

I'll be there 9/28-10/05 with some family. We're still kinda working out where we will be when. Definitely MNSSHP on 10/01 and AK on 10/03.

Hi,
There's a bunch of us meeting up at mnsshp on 26/9 if you are around then and also Epcot 28/9. I have plans to go to MK on the 27th most of the afternoon and evening as there's extra magic hours and I have booked the happily ever after dessert party. I'll be there on my own so if you're needing a pal just let me know :)
Also it's my bday on 23/9 so we can have a birthday week celebration!
What time and where are you meeting at the party? I'll be there that night.

What time and where are you meeting at the party? I'll be there that night.
I see you have found the thread with all the information on this already. Looking forward to meeting you! Enjoy skipper canteen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!