Solo in the summer, 2nd edition!! An August 2017 PTR updated with changes to day 3 and 4. Aug/14

Hi Susan! I'm just joining in now. I saw you pop up a few times on other TRs I was reading. We're going to be at WDW for a lot of the time you're there, and we're also going to MNSSHP on the 25th, so maybe we'll see you there! Or possibly if we do EMH at MK on the 23rd...(we will have been at Busch Gardens most of that day, so it's still up in the air at this point.) Your plans look like so much fun! I'd love to try a solo trip someday and see how I like it, but ever since I took my fiance a year ago he's become a big Disney fan and makes a good partner in crime for the time being. :) I'm anxious to hear (very soon now!) what you end up securing for FP+.

Hi, I love your dining choices and FP+, I am working on sorting the FP's for us as well. I think I have our plans figured out for the most part. I do the FP reservations on 6/26/17. I love your 4 park day, I will join you for a carrot cake cookie yum! Are you excited for Pandora? I sure am!
Hi Caroline!

Yes, I am super excited for Pandora! One of the staff at my school was recently at Disney and was able to experience FoP. He said it was the most amazing ride he had ever been on and like nothing he had ever experienced. It sure looks like you and Andi will have a great time.... so fun to have those trips together! I am hoping that I get all my FP's tomorrow. Good luck to you doing yours on Monday! :) I will hop over to your report and check out your latest plans. Hope to connect with you this summer!

Hi Susan! I'm just joining in now. I saw you pop up a few times on other TRs I was reading. We're going to be at WDW for a lot of the time you're there, and we're also going to MNSSHP on the 25th, so maybe we'll see you there! Or possibly if we do EMH at MK on the 23rd...(we will have been at Busch Gardens most of that day, so it's still up in the air at this point.) Your plans look like so much fun! I'd love to try a solo trip someday and see how I like it, but ever since I took my fiance a year ago he's become a big Disney fan and makes a good partner in crime for the time being. :) I'm anxious to hear (very soon now!) what you end up securing for FP+.

:welcome:Glad to have another fellow Canadian joining in! I grew up in PEI and went to university in Halifax so know your neck of the woods pretty well. My oldest son is hoping to go to Dal for university in 2018.....I'm sure he'll love it! You must be getting excited for your wedding and Disneymoon! I can only imagine how amazing it would be to get married at Disney. :)!I am hoping all my FP plans come to fruition tomorrow....just worried about getting the dates and times I want for Pandora especially. My DH also loves Disney but our three are not quite at the age to be left on their own when their parents are in another country! Soon we will be able to travel to Disney together again. I love our family trips too but there is something really nice about having the time to do just what you want in your happy place! I'll be sure to pop over to your PTR and see how plans are coming together for you!

Yes, Disneymoon plans are getting very exciting! It's the only thing getting me through the long days at work at the moment! Both our trips will be here before we know it.

My oldest son is hoping to go to Dal for university in 2018.....I'm sure he'll love it!

I'm heading back to Dal for my masters this fall, so if he does end up coming here and needs anything at all you can get him to look us up. :)

I am hoping all my FP plans come to fruition tomorrow....just worried about getting the dates and times I want for Pandora especially.

Hope it went well for you!

Soon we will be able to travel to Disney together again. I love our family trips too but there is something really nice about having the time to do just what you want in your happy place!

Absolutely! I'm so psyched to be able to share some Disney time with our families this summer when they come to the wedding, but we will have much more flexibility when it's just the two of us and we can do whatever we please. :)

Looks like you have some great plans shaping up. Smart moves skipping the morning FP's and then getting them elsewhere later in the day. We had great luck get 4th (and 5th, 6th....) fast passes on our last trip so hopefully you have the same luck.

On the last day, will food and wine be opening at all by then???? If so I'd definitely do a last day in Epcot. Or maybe rope drop in MK again and then head to Epcot. We typically do Epcot or AK as our last parks, but largely because we almost always leave on a Saturday and after 1 time I refuse to go into MK on a Saturday

Fast Passes are finalized!!!! Yikes, it was SO stressful and I had to move a lot of plans around BUT I finally got everything I wanted. :)

This is how things are looking now;

Aug 22: MK in the morning (no FP), lunch at BOG, EP evening ~~~ FP for Spaceship Earth at 4:20 followed by a FP for FEA at 5:30, Jeweled Dragon Acrobats at 6:10, drinks at Rose & Crown, British Revolution show, dinner at Spice Road Table (hopefully with an Illuminations view) and EMH for Future World (Soarin') :)

Aug 23: Revised 4 parks plans ~ Start at HS for RRC at rope drop, carrot cake cookie and Citizens of Hollywood. Hop to AK a FP for Festival of the Lion King at 11:00, FP for Na'vi River Journey at 12:00, lunch at Satu'li, FP for photos with Minnie and Mickey at Adventurer's Outpost, hop to Epcot for World Showcase (macaron ice cream sandwich, Grey Goose slushie etc). Dinner at Via Napoli OR Tutto Wine Cellar OR Geyser Point (still have to figure this out). Hop to MK for evening EMH. :)

Aug 24: This is the same as before ~~ Frozen Sing along followed by a FP for Great Movie Ride at 5:00, dinner at 50's Prime Time, FP for Music of Pixar Live, FP for Tower of Terror and Star Wars Fireworks.

Aug 25: MNSSHP!!

Aug 26th: Relaxing morning followed by MK afternoon. I know, I know, I am nuts to go to MK on a Saturday BUT it was the only thing that worked. So, Festival of Fantasy Parade followed by FP for SDMT at 3:00, FP for BTMR at 4:00,
FP for Haunted Mansion at 5:00. Dinner at Kona Island sushi bar, dessert at Tambu Lounge, Canadian Disney Addicts meet at the Poly, watch HEA from the beach at the Poly.

Aug 27th: EP morning ???? Dinner at Tiffins with ROL package, FP for FoP!!!!!!!! at 7:00. Rivers of Light at 8:45 , FP for EE at 9:00, Tree of Life awakening etc

Aug 28: Departure day :(

On the last day, will food and wine be opening at all by then????
Don't I wish!!!! Sadly, food&wine won't be open until the 31st and by that time I'll be back at school getting my classroom ready for September. I will just have to console myself with tickets to MNSSHP on the 25th. :)
Excellent plans! Good to see you got those sought-after AK FPs! Your 4 parks day sounds like a ball! :)
Thanks Meghan! I am so excited!!

Great plans!! And though MK will be packed on a Saturday if you have FP for what you want I don't think it matters all that much. Also great plans for Epcot and Illuminations :)

Looks like you've got everything shaping up nicely. Is there room for me? :-) So glad to see you went with Tiffins. Can't wait to see what you think of it

Great plans!! And though MK will be packed on a Saturday if you have FP for what you want I don't think it matters all that much. Also great plans for Epcot and Illuminations :)
Thanks Kathy! How are your plans coming along? I love Illuminations so am psyched to have a patio view for it. As well, I am happy to finally have a chance to check out FEA as my boys would never go for it.
Looks like you've got everything shaping up nicely. Is there room for me? :-) So glad to see you went with Tiffins. Can't wait to see what you think of it
Thanks Kari! You know, there IS an extra bed in my room at AKL if Jason and Casey could ever let you go the world without them....... just saying! Yes, I am super excited about Tiffins. I am looking at the watermelon salad and at this moment it is still a toss up between the scallops and the swordfish. So many decisions! The chocolate ganache dessert looks heavenly as well although I think it might be brought back to the resort with me and enjoyed for breakfast. My lovely SIL gave me a generous Disney gift card for my bday which will more than cover my culinary adventures at Tiffins and Jiko so I am feeling ready to enjoy all the yumminess coming my way.

Nice plans! Your 4 park day plan really sounds great :thumbsup2 I loved when Steve and I did it and I'd love to try it with the boys but I think Chris would start complaining as soon as I said it was time to leave park # 2 lol.

We've done MK on a Saturday before and never found it terrible. Especially since you're solo I think you'll be fine.

Canadian Disney Addicts meet! Love it!

Nice plans! Your 4 park day plan really sounds great
Thanks Ariane! I am super excited about it. I don't know if my boys would be up for it either as once they've logged 4-5 hours, they are ready to hang at the pool and enjoy the resort. I know DH would love it though. Thanks for the encouragement about MK.....hopefully the crowds won't be TOO insane. :)
Awesome! I'm so jealous! This is the day I leave... and the first opportunity for MNSSHP
Why do people have to leave Disney....shouldn't we just all be able to stay as long as we like??? I am super excited for MNSSHP though as I have never been to one before.

I thought the FP booking was stressful too, your plans look great. We will be in MK on 8/26 and have almost the same times of FP as you, funny! Are you planning to use the express bus this trip? I am thinking we might try it.

I thought the FP booking was stressful too, your plans look great. We will be in MK on 8/26 and have almost the same times of FP as you, funny! Are you planning to use the express bus this trip? I am thinking we might try it.
Awesome! I just noticed our matching FPs too.......that is hilarious! I start with SDMT, then BTMR and HM. So we may run into each other at MK too. :) There is a Canadian Disney Addicts meet that night at the Poly too. Do you and Andi like the O'hana bread pudding? It's my fave but I promised my DH and boys I would not go to O'hana without them SO I thought getting it at Tambu would be the perfect compromise! Plus a Lapu Lapu might go down really well! Looking forward to meeting up!

PS. Yes, definitely planning on the Express bus transport......so perfect for park hopping!

On to Day 5 plans!!! I have breakfast booked at Boma this morning which I am super excited about after reading recent fabulous reviews from other Disers. After breakfast I plan on heading to the pool with a book and a beverage to while away a few hours before I get ready for my first ever Halloween party!

I am going to MNSSHP!!!!!!!! I really think this is going to be the highlight of my trip. I was so excited that the first party aligned with my trip dates. I am looking forward to the character meets, seeing the Cadaver Dans, the Boo to you parade and of course, Haunted Mansion in all it's glory!!!

I am planning on bounding as the Blue Fairy as Pinocchio was one of my favourite Disney movies as a child and of course I love the nod towards to my beloved Wishes. I am doing a cap sleeved, a-line, knee length, blue dress with all silver accessories. I have a thin silver belt, a silver clutch, flat sparkly silver sandals, a sparkly silver headband and am debating if I should wear my hair down or in an updo. I just need my wand to make it complete! I am still debating on whether or not I'll go for fairy wings. What do you think?

This is the general idea.......
IMG_0298.PNG

Last edited:
On to Day 5 plans!!! I have breakfast booked at Boma this morning which I am super excited about after reading recent fabulous reviews from other Disers. After breakfast I plan on heading to the pool with a book and a beverage to while away a few hours before I get ready for my first ever Halloween party!

Yay, Boma! I love Boma breakfast to an unhealthy degree. Great choice!

I am going to MNSSHP!!!!!!!! I really think this is going to be the highlight of my trip.

I am planning on bounding as the Blue Fairy as Pinocchio was one of my favourite Disney movies as a child and of course I love the nod towards to my beloved Wishes.

Fabulous! We're also so excited for the first MNSSHP! I love your costume :)

Sounds like a wonderful day, I haven't tried Boma breakfast yet, sounds like a good choice.

I love Ohana bread pudding and I just found out you can get it at the Tambu lounge, that is awesome!

The blue Fairy outfit sounds really cute for the party. You will love the parade, it is my favorite parade at Disney. The cadaver Dans are so good. They keep people entertained before the parade. Just to let you know, last year Jack and Sally came out at 5pm and I got in line at 4:00 and we were the third party to see them, it was so great.

Yay, Boma! I love Boma breakfast to an unhealthy degree. Great choice!
Thanks! I am so excited for this breakfast!
Fabulous! We're also so excited for the first MNSSHP! I love your costume
What are you two planning on going as? Maybe we will have a chance to meet up there to say hello if the stars align. :)
I love Ohana bread pudding and I just found out you can get it at the Tambu lounge, that is awesome!
Isn't that great! The best part of staying at the Poly is unlimited access to that yummy bread pudding!

You will love the parade, it is my favorite parade at Disney. The cadaver Dans are so good.
Simply cannot wait for this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter