Solo(ish) trip Jan 27-Feb 2

patrokls

Mouseketeer
Me: Scott. 45. Single.
Background: This was my 6th trip to Disney World and the first trip that was spent 90% solo.

This thing will probably be an incoherent stream of conscience ramble but here it goes.
Also, I did not take any pictures this trip. I wanted to just experience everything with my own eyes and not through the screen of my phone.

For about a year I was planning a solo trip to WDW for the second week of Sept 2016. I was going to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time (my first time at a deluxe in general). I had a ticket for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. My Dining Reservations were made 180 days out, my Fast Pass+ selections were made 60 days out, and my Touring Plans were solid. This was going to be a more laid back trip. I had resort time planned and everything. This was to be my first trip in the oppressive summer heat/humidity and I figured taking it easy was the better option. And then... a disturbance formed in the Atlantic and I watched the disturbance grow into a hurricane. And I watched it makes its way across the Atlantic. And i hoped for a week that thing would take a hard turn and head away from Florida but all of the models showed differently. Finally, the stress got to me and I canceled the trip. Got a full refund for everything and was able to change the MNSSHP ticket into a one day park ticket but, needless to say I was a little bit down after that. Very sad to unpack an unused suitcase.

A few days later I got back on the horse and moved the trip to Jan 27- Feb 2. It wasn't what I wanted but I was going to make the best of it. I just had another 5 months to wait.

The first thing to fall away was the laid back trip. I decided I was going to do all of the attractions that I haven't done before on top of my favorites. These were going to be full days with little time at the resort. With little time planned at the resort i couldn't justify the expense of the AKL (which was going to be $400 or so more than Sept). I decided to go with Pop Century. I had never been there and the price was right.

Dining reservations were made. Fast Pass+ selections were made. Touring Plans were solid. This time I was going for sure. And I did.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter