Solo time for Parents

I'd probably go to one of the Senses Spas or just go to the hot tub at the resort. :)

I would head to Epcot no question and stroll around WS shopping and checking out the countries in as much (or as little) detail as I like. Catch a show of British Invasion and any other live entertainment that may be happening, grab a drink and maybe some snacks and then catch the fireworks.
I thought I would do Epcot - but my hubbie and I got married there, so it feels weird to be there without him. We also don't have park hoppers (we didn't think it was worth it with a almost 3 year old) and the days we have scheduled for Epcot are already an afternoon and her bday (and I cannot leave her on her bday!).

Is there anything you like to do that you're family doesn't? That would be my first priority!

I got my first opportunity for a Disney alone evening last May, when my mom stayed back with the kids. I went to Epcot because I enjoy the food and drinks there best, and the atmosphere is more my vibe than the nightlife at Disney Springs. It was great getting to enjoy good food and people watch without being rushed through the countries, and I rode Test Track several times in the single rider line!

I think this is why I ultimately have decided on MK. Our daughter is too young (and this is her first trip) to have her major preferences, and she cannot stay up late enough for the fireworks. I haven't seen the new fireworks (I haven't been to WDW since 2015). I love all the shows in MK (philar, country bears, CoP) which hubbie can skip. I also like the stores there, whereas DH prefers Hollywood Studios to look around stores.

So MK it is for me!!

This is a great idea, I am going to suggest it to DH when we visit Disneyland. This will be our first family trip to Disneyland and will be great to take some time to do the things we want to do. Nearer the time I will put it to miss 4 (turns 5 on last day of Disney trip) that she will be spending some time with Daddy by herself and Mummy by herself.

Be nice not to have a cling on (said with love) for a little while.

Last year I ran off to AK after my kids went to bed (my husband was at the rental home with them.) I parked at the very front of the parking lot, rode FOP, got on the last nighttime safari, picked up a soft serve and then saw Rivers of Light. I loved every minute of it!

No judgement here either. I have been taking solo trips for years now to get away from honey and my now grown kid but while he was a teenager. I'm one of those people that has to have alone time. Now that it's just honey and me, I still take an occasional solo trip (not so many since we bought the RV) and even have a woman cave upstairs in our house that is just my room, I go there during college football season.

When I do solo trips to WDW, Epcot is my favorite place to hang out. When my adult son and I go (my honey doesn't like WDW so he stays home) there are nights when he and I will split up and he tends to end up at Epcot because he likes walking around with a drink and watching the street performers, I go to MK on those nights and watch shows, ride CoP or go to AK and watch shows.

My daughter was just over a year old when we first took her. On that first trip, my husband and I each did a morning alone to rope drop whichever park we wanted as well as an evening alone to see our favorite fireworks show. My night I did the MK fireworks because they are my favorite (anyone else cry every single time Tink flies out of the castle?). As soon as we finish our three FPs earlier in the day I always grab an MK FP for right before or after the fireworks. I always get a dole whip and eat it in the tiki room. I like to leisurely shop in the stores on main st without a little one to chase around haha. I may also take the monorail to the Poly for a lapu lapu and a viewing of the electric water pageant if the timing works out.

Our second and third trips with our daughter (18 months then just over 2 years old), we hired the Kid's Nite Out babysitting service that is promoted by the Disney website. Each of these two trips we did three nights out as a couple while the babysitter watched our daughter at the resort and put her to bed. I highly recommend this service! We were able to get the same sitter all the nights on both trips (yes the same sitter on both trips). I felt a little guilty at first, but we ended up absolutely loving this. My daughter was only awake for 1 to 1.5 hours before the sitter put her to bed because she goes to bed around 7pm and we usually left at 6. My daughter actually loved it because the sitter brought a literally suitcase of toys for her to play with. Anyway, I know that's not what you're asking about but I definitely am not judging you and had to work through a lot of mom guilt myself to hire the sitter, and ended up loving it. You do what works for your family!! Edited to add that we love doing Epcot as a couple while the little one is with the sitter, so we can enjoy a drink or two together while strolling world showcase!

We decided that each parent will have one late afternoon/evening "off" to get a break but also be able to do a night thing (our daughter goes to bed at 6:30pm). I'm assuming my hubbie will choose HS for the star wars stuff. I'm stuck between Epcot (for a drink and fireworks), MK (for fireworks) and Disney Springs (shopping, food and drink). What would other mama's (or dads) do with their one night?

We are staying at Kidani.

Please no judgement for the break. It is what works best for our family :)

I LOVE THIS! and I would have hard time choosing.

Never handled it this way but when DH goes to Disney he always wants at least one day to relax by the pool. I'm at Disney/Universal to enjoy the parks so I would leave DS1 (who can use downtime) with him and I go with DS2 to parks. Have never gone alone, but I would.

My daughter was just over a year old when we first took her. On that first trip, my husband and I each did a morning alone to rope drop whichever park we wanted as well as an evening alone to see our favorite fireworks show. My night I did the MK fireworks because they are my favorite (anyone else cry every single time Tink flies out of the castle?). As soon as we finish our three FPs earlier in the day I always grab an MK FP for right before or after the fireworks. I always get a dole whip and eat it in the tiki room. I like to leisurely shop in the stores on main st without a little one to chase around haha. I may also take the monorail to the Poly for a lapu lapu and a viewing of the electric water pageant if the timing works out.

Our second and third trips with our daughter (18 months then just over 2 years old), we hired the Kid's Nite Out babysitting service that is promoted by the Disney website. Each of these two trips we did three nights out as a couple while the babysitter watched our daughter at the resort and put her to bed. I highly recommend this service! We were able to get the same sitter all the nights on both trips (yes the same sitter on both trips). I felt a little guilty at first, but we ended up absolutely loving this. My daughter was only awake for 1 to 1.5 hours before the sitter put her to bed because she goes to bed around 7pm and we usually left at 6. My daughter actually loved it because the sitter brought a literally suitcase of toys for her to play with. Anyway, I know that's not what you're asking about but I definitely am not judging you and had to work through a lot of mom guilt myself to hire the sitter, and ended up loving it. You do what works for your family!! Edited to add that we love doing Epcot as a couple while the little one is with the sitter, so we can enjoy a drink or two together while strolling world showcase!
I 100% cry every time at the fireworks!!! I don't think I'd be ready to leave her with a babysitter, as much as I love the idea. She hasn't been left with someone we don't know yet and the idea of doing in another country so far from home freaks me out a little! I think our next trip I'd be more likely to do that!

We did this mostly because we took trips in September and my hubby wanted to watch the Husker game. So he would usually go to the ESPN club. I love Epcot, so I would go there and walk around and enjoy it at a slower pace. Think about what you like to do. Go to the spa, hang out by the pool, go shopping at Disney Springs, etc. Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter