Solo tourist hopefully going to Disney and other places around Orlando? What should I plan?

fantasy08

Earning My Ears
I've never been to Disney World, and I want to explore it at least once so I decided to go for a week.

I was thinking December 23 to December 30. I might add a extra day( so the 31st). However I'm also thinking about going Dec 18 and staying until Dec 26 instead. I was going to start booking between November 1 though the 8th.

What package should I look at? I want the cheapest package for one person. Hopefully one that includes a hotel/motel. I want to go to Sea world at least once while I'm there as well.

Also I'm willing to not to get a package, and just pay for one day sometimes doing the week. As long as I get to experience Disney and Sea world once.

If I have to wing it and just pay as I go which of the four resorts should I try to see?

Also how are your B&B's or Air B&B's. If all the hotels/motels are booked when I start looking in November then I might have to stay in them.

However, I do realize I'm leaving during a holiday season so I might not get to see Disney at all. If that becomes the case I still won't see the vacation as a bust since I always wanted to experience Florida to.

What tourist things should I check out in Orlando? Food? Sweets( I have a huge sweet tooth)? I would like to go water skiing,and to the beach at least once as well? What would be good places to do those?

Last edited:
The week between Christmas and New Year is traditionally the busiest time of the entire year at WDW. I’d go with the earlier dates. It’s still going to be pretty crowded!

I was thinking December 23 to December 30. I might add a extra day( so the 31st). However I'm also thinking about going Dec 18 and staying until Dec 26 instead. I was going to start booking between November 1 though the 8th.
That quite a week to go. Very busy. But I get it! Never been and this is your only shot... GO!

What package should I look at? I want the cheapest package for one person. Hopefully one that includes a hotel/motel. I want to go to Sea world at least once while I'm there as well.
Go to the Disney website and check their packages. Check Expedia and Undercover Tourist.

Also I'm willing to not to get a package, and just pay for one day sometimes doing the week. As long as I get to experience Disney and Sea world once.

If I have to wing it and just pay as I go which of the four resorts should I try to see?
One day on The World and you want to see a resort? Okay...

Get on the monorail and see all three.

Also how are your B&B's or Air B&B's.
About the same as any other city.

What tourist things should I check out in Orlando? Food? Sweets( I have a huge sweet tooth)? I would like to go water skiing,and to the beach at least once as well? What would be good places to do those?
I can't think of any unique sweets only found in the Orlando area or Florida but you'll find everything you love.
About 30 miles from Disney World is Groveland. They have a nice waterski school. You can head over to Cocoa Beach.

The week between Christmas and New Year is traditionally the busiest time of the entire year at WDW. I’d go with the earlier dates. It’s still going to be pretty crowded!
I second that. We usually go from 9th to 26th December and it's progressively busier each day, until it reaches craziness levels by 26th when we leave, and no doubt beyond that until the new year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!