Solo trip- where do you stay?

officerjudyhopps

Mouseketeer
Where do you normally stay for a solo trip? Not renting a car and will use Disney transportation to get around. Planning for October.

Thanks!

I have been a couple of times - one time POFQ, one POR, my next will be at BWI . I liked the smallness of POFQ when I was solo as I didn't have to walk far to get to anything. I thought POR was going to be much more spread out but really wasn't that bad. I am splurging this year with a deluxe but don't think you can go wrong with any of the moderates. I have not stayed more than one night in a value so can't help you there (but if I did stay at one -I would go with POP or AoA)

I have only went once but, I stayed at All-Star sports. I did this on purpose. One because I was splurging in going by myself and it was cheaper and two because I wanted to be by more people which is not the norm for me. I think I felt safer knowing there were a lot of people around me.

I have done a few solo trips - I liked SSR because I often found myself DS in the evening and the boat ride/walk was convenient. For Food Wine or other Epcot festival I try and stay at BWI or Dolphin. As a pp mentioned POFQ is a great choice because of the small size, boat to DS and I liked that they have live entertainment in the lounge as well as at POR, just a short walk from POFQ.

I stayed at AKL and loved it! When I do my next one I'll probably pick an MK or Epcot resort, though.

I like to solo and have done value and moderate...I started with CBR for my first solo trip...but I found the extra cost was not worth it for me...so I switched to value...I like Pop so I stayed there solo twice. My next solo I think I want to try Coronado Springs..I stayed there once on a family trip and did not give it a fair shake. It is well reviewed by other solo travelers and I am becoming less of a park warrior than I once was...as to what is right for you...ask what kind of trip you want...if you want to be at parks dusk til dawn, value may be your best bet...do you want pool time and a restaurant? Moderate...do you want pampering? Maybe deluxe. Have a great trip- solo is great

I’ve stayed at both all-star movies and pop century solo. They had plenty of space for just me and I opted for cheaper room longer stay.

Where do you normally stay for a solo trip? Not renting a car and will use Disney transportation to get around. Planning for October.

Thanks!
On my first (and only) solo trip I stayed at the Beach Club. I knew I wanted to spend a lot of time in EPCOT, so I wanted to be able to walk. It was amazing! I loved going solo.

Pop. It’s cheaper, I never feel alone walking around there, and it’s bright and lit up just about everywhere (where it’s not, I don’t go alone). I thought about POR for a solo trip before, but one trip with DD it was so dark and creepy one night on our way back to the room I told myself “nope, never flying solo here!”

My one solo trip I stayed at POFQ. I chose that resort because of size mainly, I didn't want a long walk back to my room alone at night. My request for building #4 was honored, so I was only a few steps away from the gift shop and food court. I also like that it has the boat ride to Disney Springs instead of the bus.

I have only stayed at moderates when solo. I have stayed at POFQ & CSR.
Liked both but am going back to CSR this year. The price for CSR was good (less than $200), not crowded like the values, better lounge/food options, and generally a quieter resort which I like after returning from the parks. The rooms are beautiful after the refurb.
The bus system has been very good and I have never felt unsafe walking around at night. Customer service has been excellent. Never has a conference influenced my stay. They generally are only in the conference area.
As far as the size of the resort, I don't mind the walking as I am walking alot on this trip anyway. The resort is beautiful. :flower1:
YMMV.

I had a different vacation planned for next week with my husband, but due to...life, we had to cancel it. So I booked myself a last minute trip to Pop solo since I essentially had a free flight on JetBlue. I haven't been to WDW in over 20 years, and I've never stayed on property.

We're going back together in December and staying at POFQ, which will be his first trip ever.

Mostly Pop.
OKW.
Coronado Springs.
Beach Club Villas.
POR, but maybe so long ago it was still Dixie Landings.

I'm going next month and am staying at POFQ. I chose it for the small size, the fact that large tour groups don't stay there, and boat to DS.

My first Disney vacation as an adult was a solo trip 4 years ago. It was supposed to be one and done. Hah!

2015: Pop 2x
2016: Pop 2x (including one split stay at the Dark Side’s CBBR)
2017: POFQ/CSR/BWI, Pop, POFQ (including a Disneyland split stay)
2018: POR/POFQ, BWI/POFQ, POFQ

Pop is great for park-heavy trips. I started out with a lot of rope drop to close days, so I didn’t spend a ton of time at the resort. The buses were always crazy crowded, but I kept an eye on the AOA bus line and often took that bus instead and walked back to Pop. I always felt safe and found the loud, family atmosphere to be pretty comforting.

After a few trips, I no longer felt the need to squeeze out every possible minute of park time, so I decided to upgrade. I fell in love with POFQ (as evidenced by my repeated trips back) and would absolutely recommend it for a solo trip. It’s gorgeous, it’s relaxing, it’s compact, it’s a quick walk to POR and a lovely boat ride to DS. I can’t say enough good things. I loved POR too, but the multiple bus stops got old pretty quick. I only stayed one night at CSR, but didn’t really care for the theming or the convention feel.

BWI is my go-too splurge resort. Nothing beats being able to walk to two parks. I’m also in absolute full-on love with the rooms and theming. I already have it booked for my August birthday trip. I also have a split stay planned for May. I’m constantly playing around with the plan, but currently have 3 nights YC (an impulse upgrade from CBR that I booked yesterday), 3 nights Universal, 3 nights AKL. I’m second guessing whether I want to split with Universal or try out a third new Disney resort instead.

For me, the Resort is as important as the Parks when it comes to enjoying my vacation. As others have said, it all comes down to what you want out of your trip and what you’re comfortable spending in order to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter