Solo Visitor

Figarro

Mouseketeer
Solo visitors, what do you do while waiting in line for rides that require you to put everything in the locker (RRR, Hulk)?
Even with single riders line, I expect there's still some waiting?
I've been to Disney parks alone, but not Universal, and I tend to keep to myself so usually I would use my phone or take photos. With no phones allowed, I'm not sure what to do.

I wear a fanny pack, and so there's only 2 rides that I can't. I just look around, and sometimes, talk to those around me. People watch too. Thankfully, usually the single rider line is not as long, and I guess I just deal with it. I love being solo. Can use the single rider line, and go and do whatever I want. I have no issue eating alone either. I do find, most of the time, there's nice people and team members that like to strike up a conversation, if you'd like to have one.

Just pretend like you were one of the original guests between 1990 (when the park opened) and 2007 (when the iPhone was invented). You know... just like in caveman days. Make being alone with your thoughts part of the experience... o_O

Hulk's SRL is quick. RRR's is slow.

I daydream, contemplate my next ride, lunch, whatever. Try to ignore the obnoxious teen girls screaming about nothing.

I have Express so I never have to wait long. I also have a fanny pack that can be kept on for all rides except Hulk and RRR.

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Looks like it's a good time for daydreaming ::yes::

I'll see how the waiting time is like when I get there before deciding on Express Pass. Hopefully I won't need it.

Last edited:

It’s a frightening thing to contemplate, but you could always talk to people 😆😆 My last time in Universal, I ended up in the most random conversation with some native Spanish speakers: why doesn’t English have a single word that refers to aunts and uncles together. Sadly, I couldn’t give a satisfactory answer beyond: English is a weird language

I was at Universal last week. The rest of my party all did the Horror Nights until 2am, so I went to the parks solo a few days. I REALLY enjoyed it! I could pick which rides I wanted, eat and drink where I wanted, it was about me not having to ask everyone else what they wanted to do for a change. It was very refreshing and relaxing. I went at my own pace. Luckily, universal has lines that have tons of cool stuff to look at, like the video screens on Hulk, or the cool Harry Potter stuff on Gringotts, or the crazy cartoons in the Simpsons line! I left my phone in a locker the whole day and never missed it. I did some people watching in line, which was pretty amusing too! You will be fine! I always talked to cast members and got some interesting pointers on best seats for rides, cool facts, etc. (did you know the staff pick for best row on Kong is row #8? Now you do!) 😆😆😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!