Some last minute DC questions

MartDM

DIS Veteran
Hi!

DH & I will be at DC on 2/11 and I just had a few lingering questions.

1) What time should we plan to arrive to avoid the opening rush (I did note on the DC site that there is no more availability on that day so I assume it'll be a full house)?

2) The temps look like they'll be low to mid 70's. Should we use a wetsuit or would the required vest be enough?

3) We're scheduled for 'early pm' swim because that's all that was available. Will we have any opportunity to change this to a morning swim once we check in?

Thanks for your help...I've been lurking on this board for a few months now and all the information is every bit as good as the DIS information I got last year for our WDW trip!

DC is closed for rehab and will re-open Feb 11.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...012802jan28.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

With that in mind, I'd arrive very early, yes, it will probably be a full house. Many on this board recommend 08:30am, but in this case, I'd even recommend 08:00am. There are always delays, so even if you try to get there at 08:00am, you'll probably get there a little later. I'd rather be waiting at the gate first in line, than being late and getting stuck in the crowd.

On the wet suit, it's up to you. Average low in Feb is 55, high is 75. If you want the wetsuit, you have to ask for it at the mask/snorkle station. Make sure you get it your first pass thru, otherwise a long line forms and you miss out. Another reason to arrive early.

On the swim time, I also had a PM swim, but arrived early and asked for the first available and got 11:20am.

Now I'm worried - didn't get a swim time (04/16 ressie) when we made it last year. I was under the impression swim times weren't assigned until you actually checked in... Am I wrong??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter