Some peach recipes for Kermit

Baboo

<font color=navy>Kookie Kanadian Riddler<br><font
I noticed that you were looking for some peach recipes, so here are a couple for you.

Peach Mousse
2 envelopes unflavoured gelatin 2 Tbsp. Amaretto
1/2 cup cold milk 3/4 cup sugar
1/4 pint whipping cream 2-1/2 lbs. fresh peaches, peeled
Soften gelatin in cold milk in small saucepan. Stir over very low heat just long enough to dissolve granules. Cool. Beat cream until stiff, add amaretto and sugar. Puree peaches and stir the gelatin into them. then fold in whipped cream. Rinse a 1-1/2 quart mold with cold water then turn mixture into it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. To serve, dip mold briefly in warm water and turn onto serving plate. If desired, serve with raspbery sauce.

Peach Marmalade
14 peaches 14 apples
2 oranges 1 bottle marashino cherries
Cut fruit up, measure, and add an equal amount of sugar. Cook until apples are clear.
Spoon into hot, sterilized jars and then keep refrigerated, or you could freeze for longer storage.

Peach Cream Kuchen
2 cups flour 3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter 6 large peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp. cinnamon 2 egg yolks
1 cup sour cream
Sift together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder & salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press firmly against bottom and sides of greased 9" springform pan. Arrange peaches evenly over crumbs. Combine remaining sugar & cinnamon & sprinkle over peaches. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Blend yolks and sour cream and spoon over peaches. Bake for another 20 minutes or until golden.

Fresh Peach Pie (this also makes wonderful strawberry pie)

combine in heavy saucepan: 1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. corn syrup
gradually add: 1 cup water
Cook until thick and clear. Stir in: 3 Tbsp. peach jelly powder
Cool until lukewarm. Meanwhile, peel and slice 4-6 fresh peaches. Combine with glaze and pour into baked pie shell (or crumb crust). Refrigerate 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream.
For strawberry pie, substitute strawberry jello and strawberries.

These do look yummy! I'm allergic to raw peaches, but maybe I can get my DH to cut some up for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter