Some people ARE worth melting for ….. 40 Disney days – the trip of a lifetime updated October 10

I'm joining in. Sounds like it was an easy travel day with the exception of the long line at customs.

What a nice looking cake! I love the colors, and I imagine it was delicious.

Glad you were able to get some bandaids for your heels and that your camera was still in the first aid station.

Wow 40 days. What a trip. Can't wait to read all about your adventures

:welcome:
It was a fun trip and over far too soon. :rotfl2:Even 40 days fly by if you are having fun. ;)

Your trip sounds amazing! Can't wait to read more.

It was a wonderful trip. Everything worked out perfectly fine and we got to experience a few new things as well. :thumbsup2

Joining in. I love how you plunged right in the first day.

Yeah, welcome Jen! I love to have you here. And I am sorry to say that I am still WAY behind on everyone's trip report.

Welcome back! Saw you started the TR, I can't wait to hear about this trip of a life time!

Awesome cake!

Glad to have you here as well. It was such a wonderful trip and it was so hard to return to the real world.
Oh, and the cake was nice, not quite what I had ordered but super yummy.

That dinner on the plane looked especially good!

We were really happy with the food on the plane. Thankfully they feed you well if you have to sit on a plane for close to ten hours. ;)

I'm joining in. Sounds like it was an easy travel day with the exception of the long line at customs.

It's always easier if we don't have to leave too early in the morning as it takes a LONG time to get to the US. And we are "kind of" used to the long lines at immigration. Unfortunately Lufthansa usually arrives after BA and VA. But you sometimes get lucky and they arrive early or LH arrives a little late, then the lines are shorter. But picking up the rental was a real breeze. Thank god, we have spent a lot of time in a line to pick up a car.

What a nice looking cake! I love the colors, and I imagine it was delicious.

The cake was a bit different from what I had imagined it to be, but at least they got the right colours. It was very tasty though. We were even able to eat the fondant.

Glad you were able to get some bandaids for your heels and that your camera was still in the first aid station.

I was kind of mad at myself, as I always tell my pupils not to wear new shoes when we go somewhere and I had done just that. And then leaving my camera. We had to replace most of our electronics before we went on the trip and it was brand new, so I was happy it was still there.

Following along. I can't imagine a 40 day Disney vacation. I'd never want to return home :earboy2:

We usually stay for 4 weeks. Makes more sense with the long flight, but this trip just kept "growing" in lenght. And I DID NOT want to return home. Especially since I had to get back to work right the next day. :faint:

i-pScv8S8-M.jpg

Day 2, August 04

An early morning and an early night - Part 2

There were several available and when we sat down we were surprised to see that it had started to rain.

i-qxc9wZg-M.jpg

i-z8DnSGM-M.jpg

Well, not quite rain, it was pouring down.
So we took our sweet time to enjoy our lunch. We had ordered a cup of

i-W9Gd6cj-M.jpg

New England Clam Chowder and the

i-Twfkn5g-M.jpg

Battered Fish Plate served with coleslaw and french fries. And after we had eaten we checked our messages and posted some photos until the rain had subsided.
We headed out again into the sunshine and walked right onto our first FP+ of the day, Peter Pan’s Flight.
The regular line was pretty long and so was the FP line, but it moved quickly and we were soon flying over London. When we got off it was already time to head over to the next FP of the day, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Again, we were so lucky to be in the FP line as the regular line was over an hour long.

i-489qCbb-L.jpg

i-82rpmsf-M.jpg

i-Bg7ftCV-M.jpg

i-Q3D24ZV-M.jpg

Tom asked for last row again and we were granted our wish and soon found ourselves laughing as we rode that fun runaway mine train.
We still had quite some time left until our next ride, so we started strolling towards Pecos Bill, but then decided to head up to the train as it was just rolling in.

i-wJQpnBh-M.jpg

I didn’t think we would make it on that train, but we did and with a little time to spare, but soon we were on our way to Fantasyland.

i-9gKvBXJ-M.jpg

When we got off we strolled through the Big Tent, watched people ride Dumbo and then finally walked over to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

i-Mq6BJ8g-M.jpg

We really enjoyed the convenience of the FP, and again were on the ride within just a few minutes. Once we got off the ride we decided to leave the park for now. But not without a ride on our favourite ride, the People Mover. And this time it was up and running and we enjoyed our trip around Tomorrowland.

i-s6F4VP6-M.jpg

After that we returned to our room, relaxed for some time and then went to our car to go and do some shopping.

i-K4WcvXD-M.jpg

First off we went to Walgreens for some medications we needed and our next stop was Publix. We stocked up on beers and soft drinks and some staple food items and a few things we still needed for the fish extender on the cruise. While we were inside Publix the skies had turned grey again and we headed straight back to our resort after finishing our shopping.

i-CWWvcx4-M.jpg

i-vd52gkX-M.jpg

Luckily we made it to our room without getting wet. We were both pretty tired, so after putting away our groceries we took a short nap. When we got up again we could see that it had been raining again and by now it was time for dinner. We put our groceries out on the table, made some salad and had some sandwiches.

i-GbBds6L-M.jpg

We even shared a small slice of cake for dessert. Tired as we were we thought about ditching the FP that we had been able to score earlier that day, a FP for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. But then we knew that we wanted to ride it again, so we got dressed, put on our Magic Bands and this time without any bags headed over to the Magic Kingdom. We walked right over to Big Thunder Mountain, passed all the people in the standby line, got on and had a blast while riding this fun ride.
Once we got off, we strolled right towards the exit again, waved goodbye to the castle for the day and went right back to our hotel room. We were both dead tired and decided that it was time to catch up on much needed sleep, especially since the next day we wanted to be at the Magic Kingdom for Morning Extra Magic Hours and lateron meet with our friend Michelle, her daughter Angelina and Hannah, Michelle’s son’s girlfriend.

To be continued ....

Last edited:
Joining in! What an exciting trip you guys have had so far, and there's still another 38 days of it!

Joining in! What an exciting trip you guys have had so far, and there's still another 38 days of it!

I am glad you decided to join us, as there ARE some great adventures still to come. It was a great trip and we got to do many firsts, even though we go to Disney on a regular basis.

You two really pack it in in a day, even with the nap!

It was nothing compared to what would be on the agenda lateron in the trip. :rotfl2:

joining in to read about this DREAM trip!!

We are happy to share our Dream trip with you. It turned out to be a celebration of DISfriends.

Joining your report - My dream would be 40 days at Disney :)

It's great you decided to join us. We loved our 40 Disney days - nothing better than spending time at your happy place.

I don't know how you adjust to the time change so quickly! I am amazed!

Glad you got to ride the People Mover. We love that ride too. I used to go on it when I was a teen and there was only the MK and Epcot and I thought it was boring but we were sitting and being goofy teenagers and having fun. Maybe I did enjoy it then but not as much as now.

Love FL weather. Years ago we were at River County (1980s) and it was pouring so we left. Hopped on the boat to the Poly where it was sunny and dry.

We always ask for the back on BTMRR as well, even though you don't always get it. Much more fun back there! And we definitely like it better in the dark.
We also found out on our last trip by accident that the front car on Expedition Everest is AMAZING!! If you haven't done it yet I highly recommend making the request! The ride itself is better but the best part is the view you get when you stop at the very top before going backwards!
Don't think I would have had the energy to get back over to MK for one ride, good for you!!

I made it, Karen!! :love: Nothing I enjoy more than one of your TRs. :flower1: Forty amazing mostly Disney Days!! :yay: I skimmed just to get started...will go back and read later tonight. Oh! How I LOVE the People Mover and Columbia Harbor House! Your mention of CHH brought back sweet memories of two years ago with Mia & Sophia...we went upstairs to find a window seat and noticed it was pouring rain...what a perfect place to watch the rain and guests entering and leaving HM. :cloud9:

Looking forward to reading all your adventures and meets with friends...one of these days our paths will cross. ::yes:: We are in the very beginning stages of trying to plan a trip for my 70th :faint: with Mia and Sophia...we are even considering renting a Camper and staying at FW if we cannot find an amazing sitter for our pups. Talk about a crazy idea!!

So happy to hear Tom has retired! I owe you a long note and promise to get that done soon ...will be here a few days alone later this month so it will be a good time to have an email visit. :flower:

Thankful you had a wonderful trip and for safe travels. :hug:

Last edited:
I'm here I'm here! thanks for the heads up :)

What a great start. Smooth travel day besides the taxi and immigration. We had a taxi do that to us once and it was very stressful.

The cake is too cute!

Fabulous to get into MK that first night. Too bad about the lines at Cosmic Rays and the price of dinner, wow!

Love the MSEP.

I'm going to have to give BLT a try, walking to MK sounds very nice.

:bounce:YAY! I've been so excited
For this TR! Glad you made it home safely. It was so fun to meet you! Thank you for stopping for pictures :goodvibes Can't wait to read the rest of this!

Following along! 40 Disney days sounds like an awesome one-of-a-kind vacation!

it sounds like you were able to use your FP's to ride all of your favorite rides with minimal waits, which is always a win. Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!