Some people ARE worth melting for ….. 40 Disney days – the trip of a lifetime updated October 10

i-65sPjvk-XL.jpg

Day 3, August 05

So good to see you again! - Part 2

A few minutes later we walked down Main Street again, drinks in hand and now knowing that Michelle and her family were on the ferry.
Once we had made it to the entrance we sat in the shade under the only tree waiting for them. It took quite a long time until we finally saw Michelle pushing the wheelchair up to the touchpoint and then into the park.
We had met Michelle and her family preparing for a cruise in 2012 and had stayed in touch ever since. But it had been a long time since we had last been able to meet in person. So, after intensive hugging we moved inside the park and walked over to Guest Services, where Michelle added our Magicbands to Angelina’s disability Magicband and the cast member there was nice enough to get all of us a FP+ for the Mine Train.
Necessities done we slowly moved up Mainstreet and it was so good to see Angelina laughing and enjoying the day. There was a lot to catch up on and we moved slowly, but once in Fantasyland we decided to watch Philharmagic until our FP would kick in.

i-TsSjRFr-L.jpg

And while in line, Michelle told us that Angie loves Philharmagic and starts laughing even before something happens and that sometimes people sitting in the rows in front of her are irritated and turn around. So once the doors opened we were the only group in the disabled section and the cast member walking us in told us to sit right in the center seats, which we gladly did.
And really once the show started, Angie started laughing at some scenes, even before they were actually shown and the people ahead of us turned their heads. Michelle and I just looked at each other and laughed as well.
Once the show was over we walked out into the shop and looked around for a while, but soon enough our FP time opened and we headed over to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Michelle scanned Angie’s magic band first, then the rest of us scanned theirs and off we went inside. Once we got inside we were asked to use the line on the very left and when we got to the front Michelle helped Angie into the car, we got in in front of them and Hannah was in front of us and off we went.

i-2SCTbsJ-L.jpg

Again, as much as we enjoyed the ride, we enjoyed Angie’s happy laughter even more.
After the ride Angie had to be transferred into her wheelchair again and we went outside into the heat again. There was a short discussion on what to do next and since Angie loves the Buzz Lightyear ride, we went there to get some FP+ and once that was done we had another 45 minutes to gap. Why not going to the Laugh Floor? It is out of sun and you can sit.
Perfect.
So over we went, just to find out that the next show was about to start and we could already move inside. A few minutes later Michelle, Angie and Hannah sat in the front row and Tom and I had decided to just sit behind them.
Didn’t take long and it started and there were laughs and giggles and then it was time for revealing “that guy”. And we all burst into laughter when we saw that it was actually Tom. When it was all over and we were about to leave, Tom was even given a sticker, that said, “I was that guy”.

i-dLdxLv2-S.jpg

And with that in hand, we slowly walked over to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. There was quite the line, even for FP and we slowly crept along. Once we got to the loading area we were told to wait by a door, where we were all taken to where people exit the ride and there we waited some more before we could all get into our ride vehicles. And off we went. I have never been really good at those games and even after I had done my best, my score was measly, while Michelle and Hannah both had hit the maximum amount of points. So we asked how they did it and got a few really good pointers.
By then it was going towards 1pm and we were all getting hungry. Since Michelle and her family are regulars in the park we left the choice of the restaurant to them and they decided on Pinocchio’s Village House. The restaurant looked pretty full, but we were sure we would find a table and while Michelle and I stayed in line, Hannah and Tom went to find a table that was big enough for all of us and where Angie could sit in her wheelchair. Soon we all sat around a round table with plates full of yummy stuff in front of ourselves. Tom and I had decided to share two flatbreads, the

i-r84znHh-M.jpg

i-w8w5nPf-M.jpg

Sausage and Pepper Flatbread and a

i-XWnBc7J-M.jpg

i-nKt5q3m-M.jpg

Caprese Flatbread, which were both really tasty and hit the spot. We sat there for quite a long time, chatting and nibbling on the last few pieces of flatbread.

i-bNnGKCB-M.jpg

It was already mid afternoon when we decided to head out again. But by then it was time for Michelle to head back home, but not without a short visit to our room. So we made our way to the exit, walked up to the Resort Monorail and got on the next one in.
We got off at the Contemporary, used the elevator to go down to the main level and then used the Skywalk to go over to Bay Lake Tower. Once we were back in our room we handed Michelle the gifts we had gotten them and we chatted for a little longer. Then, Michelle told us that she and her husband wanted to visit us while at Old Key West and they would bring all the food.
We were stunned, but it was such an awesome invite. We really were looking forward to it.
Michelle, Angie and Hannah had to leave after a call from her husband, telling her that he was on his way home.
We took them back to the monorail and waved goodbye before heading back to our room. Once there we started to pack up all the stuff we had taken out as we were moving to the Yacht Club the next day. We were still debating if we should return to the Magic Kingdom that evening as we were tired already, but before we made a decision, we wanted to have dinner and walked over to the Contemporary

i-ZTM8fzs-M.jpg

i-H8K4nsr-M.jpg

i-wdSkn8L-M.jpg

and went to the Contempo Café. We had always had good food there and this day was no exception. And even though we had walked by the restaurant, we were stunned to see that the kiosks had been taken away. A cast member told us to order at the register and we would be handed a pager. Exactly what happened.
So, after getting some drinks we found a table and waited for the pager to go off. Didn’t take long and I was able to pick up our food. Again, we had decided to share two dishes. Tom’s pick had been the

i-Hfb98nX-M.jpg

Beef Pot Roast served with seasonal vegetables, mashed potatoes, and gravy, while I remembered how much we had liked the

i-nt3h9tD-M.jpg

Steakhouse Salad with Marinated Beef, Shaved Red Onions, Goat Cheese, Tomatoes, Mustard Dressing with a warm pita wedge. And while we munched our yummy food we thought if we should just walk back to the Magic Kingdom or not. In the end, the “let’s go” won, mainly because we had another FP for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. So after finishing dinner we went back to our room, put on our Magic Bands and left everything apart from the camera in the room to just do the two rides we still had FPs for.

i-8sKpLjw-M.jpg

We arrived right when our first FP opened and since we did not have bags, we could walk right past the desks, but were directed towards the scanners. No biggie, better safe than sorry. And a minute or two later we found ourselves walking up Main Street and over to the Haunted Mansion, where we scanned our Magicbands and headed inside and found ourselves in the stretching room really soon.

i-GD74GK3-M.jpg

i-xd3H2Nz-L.jpg

Again, when we were let out to where the actual ride is, the room was packed. We just went with the flow and a few minutes later we sat in our Doombuggy and on our way to visit the 999 happy haunts.

i-4pLFMd7-M.jpg

i-K42NZqT-M.jpg

Once we got off we had a little time left until our second FP was going to open, so we strolled along the Rivers of America.

i-GZpGFQF-M.jpg

Once we got to Splash Mountain, I tried to take one decent photo of the logs coming down, but with the light fading I was failing miserably.

i-hqdqkRd-M.jpg

i-X2Szr2c-M.jpg

Then it was time to scan those Magicbands again and ride the runaway mine train. As always Tom asked for last row and we were happy to be granted our wish and within minutes we found ourselves being jerked around on the train.
After we had gotten off, the idea of staying in the park for the Main Street Electrical Parade and the fireworks was dancing in our heads, but we thought that there would be a lot more times to watch it, so we slowly, slowly moved towards the exit and strolled back to Bay Lake Tower.
We finished packing and a little before 10pm we headed to the lobby, signed in and went up to the Top of the World Lounge. The Lounge itself was full, but we did not want to sit in there anyway. We found a nice space to watch the fireworks and enjoyed Wishes from there.

i-7Cg6k34-M.jpg

i-NpPL9wH-M.jpg

i-S2rxGRd-M.jpg

i-4rNNkWg-M.jpg

i-KG2qx2W-M.jpg

Once the fireworks were over, we took the elevator back down, went to our room, put most of the luggage in the hall by the door and watched a little TV before falling asleep.

To be continued ....

Last edited:
What a fabulous day! Lots of fun, good food, and great company :) Well done for getting there early enough to walk on 7DMT and staying up that late as well.

Viewing the fireworks from the lounge looks amazing!

How cool Tom was 'that guy' :laughing: the Laugh Floor always has me in stitches :teeth:

Last edited:
And while in line, Michelle told us that Angie loves Philharmagic and starts laughing even before something happens and that sometimes people sitting in the rows in front of her are irritated and turn around. So once the doors opened we were the only group in the disabled section and the cast member walking us in told us to sit right in the center seats, which we gladly did.
I just discovered Philharmagic on the last day of my last trip. I have no idea how I passed over it so many times. It was wonderful!

When it was all over and we were about to leave, Tom was even given a sticker, that said, “I was that guy”.
I didn't know there were stickers for That Guy! That's so cool. The Laugh Floor was another one of my recent discoveries. We went three times last trip and it had us in tears from laughter. I'm a sucker for cheesy puns and jokes. :rotfl2:

It sounds like you had a wonderful day at Magic Kingdom with some great friends.

All caught up on your trip report! Enjoying all the the things you have done. We experienced the line for 7DMT for the first time during MNSSHP and it was fun but our wait was only 20 min. We realized for the first time we could rock the mine cars so that was fun. We also found out our Lily loves coasters too and she had a blast on the 7DMT and Barnstormer at MK. I had a rough ride on Space Mtn and when I got back home I found out I had a whiplash injury to my neck and a dislocated rib! I am still recuperating.

What a fabulous day! Lots of fun, good food, and great company :)

It was just such a great start to our vacation and it continued all through to the end ..... lots more wonderful people we spent time with! :thumbsup2

Well done for getting there early enough to walk on 7DMT and staying up that late as well.

I think in all the times we have been to Disney (and there have been a lot) we have only made it to Morning EMHs once or twice, so this was really something we wanted to do and it turned out to be perfect that day.

Viewing the fireworks from the lounge looks amazing!

We did it quite often - no crowds to battle and they pipe in the music. The lounge is not shabby either if you find a seat. ;) You know that you do not have to stay at BLT to visit the lounge - as a DVC member you only have to stay at property. :goodvibes

How cool Tom was 'that guy' :laughing: the Laugh Floor always has me in stitches :teeth:

He is usually picked. I think we have only done Laugh Floor 5 or 6 times (sometimes it is really hard for a foreigner to catch those jokes) and half the time he gets picked. There is something similar at DLRP, where Stitch "reunites" with a mate from Space-prison and Tom usually is that guy too. Something must make him stand out. :rotfl2:

I just discovered Philharmagic on the last day of my last trip. I have no idea how I passed over it so many times. It was wonderful!

We have loved Philharmagic since it first opened. It is always such a nice and fun escape from the summer sun too. ;)

I didn't know there were stickers for That Guy! That's so cool. The Laugh Floor was another one of my recent discoveries. We went three times last trip and it had us in tears from laughter. I'm a sucker for cheesy puns and jokes. :rotfl2:

Neither did we. :rotfl2:It was the first time he was awarded one.
We don't go to Laugh Floor often as it is sometimes very hard to catch a joke if you are not a native speaker. But with having Michelle and Hannah (and Hannah's joke was picked as well) it was a fun time.

It sounds like you had a wonderful day at Magic Kingdom with some great friends.

We definitely did! Perfect day for all of us.

All caught up on your trip report!

:thumbsup2 Yeah!

We experienced the line for 7DMT for the first time during MNSSHP and it was fun but our wait was only 20 min.

I would have hopped into the regular line with only a 20 minute wait as well, but every time we got there it was at least 90 minutes and most of the outside line is in the sun - thanks but no thanks. ;)

We also found out our Lily loves coasters too and she had a blast on the 7DMT and Barnstormer at MK. I had a rough ride on Space Mtn and when I got back home I found out I had a whiplash injury to my neck and a dislocated rib! I am still recuperating.

:woohoo:for Lily being a daredevil! How fun that she likes coasters. Space Mountain definitely is intense. One day we were looking for extra FPs and Space was available, so we took it. I was a bit concerned as we were put in the back two seats and we both got jerked around quite a bit. Tom was complaining about his back hurting for quite a while. Sorry this happened to you and I hope you get much better pretty soon.

I love your reports. Another fantastic update!

Thank you! :goodvibes

i-65sPjvk-XL.jpg

Day 4, August 06

Two for the price of one! - Part 1

Our first moving day had dawned.
Again, we were up early, still not having quite adapted to the time change. So, after taking showers, we brewed some coffee and finished the leftovers in the fridge and shared the rest of Tom’s cake, before packing up the last few items and then called bell services. It did not take long at all and all our luggage was tagged and on its way to the Yacht Club.
We took our carry-ons with us to the car and put them in the trunk on our way to the Magic Kingdom.
We arrived at the Security checkpoint shortly after 9am and joined the long line. About 10 minutes later we went through the scanners and then scanned our Magicbands and headed into the park.

i-6qn5PbK-M.jpg

It was a picture perfect morning with the train in the station when we entered and a beautiful blue sky above. Another wonderful day at Disney.

i-bJdCFPx-M.jpg

i-GBBZD3c-M.jpg

We slowly strolled up Main Street,

i-6FM5fnK-M.jpg

peeked into a shop or two and finally walked up and around the castle right into Fantasyland.

i-CdFD6Lg-L.jpg

i-7LmdDcL-M.jpg

i-22ZTMxb-M.jpg

i-sBFQBGB-L.jpg

i-N69Mszb-L.jpg

We still had a few minutes to kill so we stopped and watched people trying to retrieve the Sword in the Stone. The actors were out and finally a little girl was selected to try to pull the sword from the stone.

i-jbmhCQw-M.jpg

i-DLsMjvd-M.jpg

i-429SkGP-M.jpg

It was a really cute scene and the little girl was pretty surprised when she was the one to pull out the sword.
We all clapped and bowed to the little girl before heading over to Peter Pan’s Flight, which had a line that started even before the scanners.
But it moved quickly and soon we were flying over London and on to Neverland.

i-PzVTdcL-M.jpg

After the ride we did not have to walk far for our next ride, just across the street we literally walked onto It’s a Small World.

i-Pg88X7F-M.jpg

i-CbKcH7P-M.jpg

i-v9H2hSr-M.jpg

i-7J4r84t-M.jpg

i-s7CF59H-M.jpg

i-fSHVQ25-M.jpg

i-XrPc3mp-M.jpg

i-HCK3wqM-M.jpg

i-25Wckq5-L.jpg

i-rnGtCZf-M.jpg

i-hGXgGcb-M.jpg

Once we got off the ride our next FP was just kicking in and we walked right over to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and hopped on the next train out.

i-bsVMCkR-M.jpg

Needless to say we had a great time, and far too soon we had to get off again.
We had plenty of time before our next FP ride, so we walked towards Tomorrowland and since The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh only had a 10 minute wait, we got in line and rode that ride as well.

i-p9Bc7Qs-M.jpg

i-jtXF92c-L.jpg

i-Tx3FK7Q-M.jpg

Next stop Peoplemover. We both love that ride, so relaxing just sitting there and people watch.

To be continued ....

Last edited:
Just found this trip report. I always enjoy the detail you put in! Thanks for doing these!

That's so nice you got to meet up with Michelle and crew! It sounds like you have had a good couple of days for rides. You've already checked off quite a few different rides!

It sounds like a great morning in Fantasyland! I was so bummed that It's a Small World was closed when I was there in early September. :( It's one of my favorites!

Joining in and all caught up! Looks like you guys are off to a fun start! I love the Yacht Club, when we stayed there we were so happy and surprised to get an upgrade to a water view. We spent a lot of time out on our little patio.
So excited that we get to follow you for 40 days! I think that is a perfect length for a trip :thumbsup2

Nice day at MK! So awesome you got to spend time with Michelle and her family! You got some nice night shots, but I love the castle with the fountain in front from this day!

Just found this trip report. I always enjoy the detail you put in! Thanks for doing these!

:welcome:
Thank you for following along. :goodvibes So nice to have you share our adventures.

Following along! I am enjoying your trip report. What a dream trip!

:welcome:
It turned out to be an awesome trip and I am delighted to have you along for the trip.

That's so nice you got to meet up with Michelle and crew! It sounds like you have had a good couple of days for rides. You've already checked off quite a few different rides!

We had missed her the previous trip and it was awesome to spend time with them that day. We did repeat it lateron as well. ;) I am just in awe at the way they do everything possible for Angie. And, we were super lucky to be able to get on so many rides during the first few days. There's a reason why we love FP. :goodvibes

It sounds like a great morning in Fantasyland! I was so bummed that It's a Small World was closed when I was there in early September. :( It's one of my favorites!

We had a great few days in the beginning of the trip. Everything worked out so well. And I do understand about being bummed about Small World. I was glad we knew that BTMR we would be closed lateron, as we tried to fit in as many rides as possible on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter