Some serious celebrating going on!!

SoleilLoca

planning our next Disney adventure down to the sma
I have a slight dilemma. My soon to be hubby and i are getting married october 25th,
2003. he has never been to disney world (gasp!), so naturally I want to show him why
I make such a fuss over it. but here's my problem: that week we're on our honeymoon, which is cause enough for celebration. however, october 27th is our 4 year "anniversary" of being together, and october 31st (halloween!) is his birthday. I want to do a little something special for him on those days, as well as just celebrating the fact that after a few delays (due to money and school) we'll finally be married. what in the WORLD can I do? (no pun intended.:D ) we're staying at the poly for 4 nights and taking the 3 night cruise, so technically we'll be on the cruise for his birthday. any ideas?

Congratulations!!!! I know what a pain it is to delay your wedding because of some factors. I am like you. There is a 18 months gap from our engagment to the actual wedding day. (I am only half way thru... still another 7 months to go :eek:) In addition to that, we have been on long-distance relationship for 2 years now:( Therefore, I definitely understand how you wanna celebrate the occasion in the WDW style!

First thing first, you have to let WDW know that you are there for a main event. Tell them when you book PS, hotel reservation, etc..

Second, I believe on your hubby's b-day, you can let the cruise knows and they should be able to sing b-day songs and prepare a b-day cake for your hubby. I did that for my aunt when we were on a cruise vacation with Royal Carribbean. I believe WDW should be able to do that for you.

Also, during your stay, wear bride and groom ear hats, so that you don't need to "tell" people why you are there. People will give you honeymoon treatment for sure. I haven't done that, but I have learned from other WDW honeymooners. I will definitely do that for my own trip in October.

But I believe no matter how you plan it, you and your new hubby will definitely enjoy the trip. You know that, right!! My honeymoon will be my new hubby's first trip to Disney. I have also done a lot of homework. But I know WDW won't disappoint him no matter how I plan the trip.

Yes, I knew about the mouse ears- he's a little against it but it's one thing I'm MAKING him do for the trip-at least one day. I told him that he simply MUST have mouse ears to mark his first trip to disney world! and then I realized that even I've never had a pair, and I've been there dozens of times! so we're going to get both the bride and groom ears as well as regular pairs with our names stitched in them. We watched the cruise video twice today-he's never seen the ocean, and I got teary-eyed answering the questions he was asking. "is it really that blue? can we bring home some of that sand? does mickey mouse talk?" I swear it was like talking to a little kid. I told him when he got there he'd understand why I make such a fuss over it, but he won't understand it until he gets there, try as he might. Well, thanks for the insight-hopefully we can maintain some kind of chat until our weddings!

wow..... reading your message also makes me teary. but I do believe that no matter what you do, you will have a great time during your trip. Also, if he does not like the hat, don't force him..... ask him to wear the groom pin! that would work!!!!

I have started to fall in love with this board now. So you will see me often here.

Later...

Congrats on all your wonderful upcoming events!!!

At first, my FH was totally against wearing the bride anf gromo ears on our honeymoon, but after reading some of the posts, not only did he agree, he already bought them!! We tried them on for my parents last time they came over and my mom suggested that we wear them for a few pictures at the end of our wedding reception. That will make for some cute pictures!! That's something else you can do at your wedding to get more Disney stuff in it!!

I hope I"m doing this correctly, but I'm going to try to post the link to the thread that convinced my fiance to wear the bride and groom hats...

Honeymoon thread

Definitely wear the bride and groom hats!! We received so much special attention because of them. If nothing else, having people wish you congratulations everywhere you go is reason enough - it truly makes you feel special.

My husband is looking over my shoulder as I type this, and wants me to mention how to stay cool while wearing these hats - take a face cloth and soak it in cold water and wear it around your neck. (In the AK and some other places, they actually sell these neck handkerchief things with a coolant gel in it for this purpose).

When I took my husband to Disney for Christmas - it was our first Christmas together as husband and wife, and the first time we had ever been at WDW for the Christmas Holidays - Christmas Eve fell on our 4 Month Anniversary of being married! So I planned a special surprise. I contact the GF Bakery and had them make a replica of our wedding cake. It was the top layer and was as scrumptious as the original! It cost about $45 + tax, but was SO worth it!! Contact the GF Bakery if you're interested, and see if they can help you out!

Contact the Polynesian resort ahead of time and let them know it's your special day. When we were there to get married, they had a rose and a congratulations card in our room. When we were there on Christmas Eve in the Polynesian Concierge, we returned to our rooms to find a bottle of champagne and Mickey & Minnie wedding chocolate and plates shaped like Mickey with congratulations written on them in chocolate in our room!

When you're on the cruise, make sure your reservations are noted to say that your are honeymooning and that your husband is celebrating his birthday. They will do something special!! For our honeymoon, a cake was brought out during dinner to honor the occasion.

Hope this helps!

I'll have to get our hotel info from my FH since his birthday will be falling during our honeymoon.

my fiancee (what does fh stand for, anyway?) is already sold on the ear hats- it took me a while to convince him, but i think he was just trying to be "manly". I saw on Tikiman's poly web page that they put some kind of scroll or something on their bed- I hope I get one of those! LOL

Hopefully they'll have MNSSHP the first weekend we're there (seeing how the second weekend we'll be on the cruise) so we can go- I think that would be the perfect party for my halloween baby!! (mushy, aren't i? LOL) but I'll definitely check in to having a cake delivered or something.

doesn't DCL have a web page where you can order things to be sent to your room? if anyone knows of this, please post it, I'd like to see what kind of things they offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter